IGNORED

So are dead people with God or unconscious and wating...

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, K9Buck said:

I doubt it.  There are probably Jews that live a more "Godly" life than many Christians.  But Jesus is going to cast them into Hell?  That doesn't pass the smell test. My guess is that, upon death, they meet Jesus and then embrace him and are saved.  Who wouldn't embrace Jesus?  My guess is few to none.  I may be wrong, of course.  

Suit yourself. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I doubt it.  There are probably Jews that live a more "Godly" life than many Christians.  But Jesus is going to cast them into Hell?  That doesn't pass the smell test. My guess is that, upon death, they meet Jesus and then embrace him and are saved.  Who wouldn't embrace Jesus?  My guess is few to none.  I may be wrong, of course.  

You may have bigger problems than “ who embraces” Jesus. Anyone who believes that “living a Godly life” is the way to escape Hell does not understand the Bible. 

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself. 

You seem bothered when another doesn't share your belief.  Why is that?  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

You seem bothered when another doesn't share your belief.  Why is that?  

I am not bothered Buck. Life if full of choices is it not?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If a Jew does not believe in Jesus Christ they will go to hell. Although there are Jews who are members of "Jews for Christ" and they are believers in Jesus Christ. They will go to heaven. Of course Jesus Christ does not want to lose any of us. He wants all humans on this earth to believe in Him and go to heaven. But that is not going to happen. There will be many who will come to Christ during the 7 year tribulation and they will die as martyrs.

Suit yourself. Anyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ and does not have a relationship with Him will go to hell. Sad but true. 

Hi mm,

God is a merciful God and knows that many, many people never heard of Jesus. Think of all those who lived before Jesus was born. Think of those who lived in deepest, darkest Africa, etc who never heard of Jesus. Is God going to send them to hell? Certainly NOT!

Remember at the Great White Throne judgment people are judged on their works not on whether they accepted Jesus.

`And the dead were judged according to their works.` (Rev. 20: 12)

Thus people who never knew of Jesus who lived according to their God given conscience and showed by their life that they lived right, then they will be saved and go on to the new earth.

`And the nations of those who are saved...` (Rev. 21: 24)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/25/2020 at 8:39 PM, K9Buck said:

What about the seemingly countless numbers of people who have claimed to have visited Heaven or met Jesus during an NDE?  If people were "asleep in Christ", they would not have such an experience.  In others, such experiences would be impossible, right?  

Some studies have shown that only 4% of people who came near death (were pulled back from death before their brains died) reported any "experience" of either something good or something very evil, or an outofbody experience.  I am personally of the opinion that the 4% did experience something.  Exactly what that was was, is open for debate.  Could have been a vision from God, for their benefit or in the case of a child, for the benefit of others.  Could also have been a demonic mind to mind "experience".  Cannot eliminate that possibility also. 

Just saying.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

23 hours ago, K9Buck said:

"Whomever denies the Son has not the Father." 1 John 2:23. Jewish or Christian, acknowledge Jesus's death, burial, resurrection, and follow his rules and you're good. Deny one or all, not so much. 

I met a man who identified as Jewish who believed in Jesus. There is a man in my life who identifies as Baptist, but he does not believe the crucifixion to be anything more than a fairy tale about the importance of forgiving one another. He doesn't even believe that Jesus paid the price for our sins on the cross. Given scripture, I should not fear for this particular Jewish believer's salvation, but the Baptist's. 

There are no scriptures supporting the idea of some kind of ultimatum from Jesus upon death, only how to conduct oneself in this life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Paul was looking forward to death and being in the presence of God.

Hebrews 12:1-3 speaks of a cloud of witnesses of people of faith who have passed on.

Isaiah 14 shows us that the dead in the grave are aware of their surroundings when the King of Babylon died.

Sleep is simply a metaphor  because the body looks like it is sleeping. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 1/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Guest K9Buck said:

See Romans 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/26/2020 at 7:35 AM, Guest K9Buck said:

...to be resurrected?  

I've seen so many NDE accounts that I believe we NEVER actually die, but that our soul leaves our body and goes to be with God.  

Is it possible that, before Jesus, souls did remain unconscious but that, after Jesus's crucifixion, souls went straight to God?  

The idea that we are unconscious in the grave seems to contradict John 3:16 John 3:16 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5 :

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES shall hear His voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of edamnation.

1 Thes 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall adescend from heaven with ba shout, with the voice of the carchangel, and with the dtrump of God: and the dead in Christ shall erise first:

17 aThen we which are alive and remain shall be bcaught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the cLord in the dair: and so shall we eever be with the fLord.