IGNORED

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

ItsJustDeep

Have You Ever Blasphemed Against The Holy Spirit?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest.

• Once Upon A Time
    • Never.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Raymond2020 said:

The good news is that blasphemy against the holy spirit is a sin that no longer exists today.

what? :huh:

3 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

From what I've been able to determine, this position regarding blasphemy against God's Spirit is based upon the belief this unforgivable sin was only possible until the Lord ascended to sit with our Father on His throne. In other words, it's specific to our Redeemer's first coming on Earth.

I'm with you, brother. :39:

Here's my reply concerning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit with another member by PM. 

Most fail to realize blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is to know the power thereof, and then total denial of it saying it is of the satanic. This is the fate the pharisees made during the time that Jesus cast out devils, then said He did it by the power of Beelzebub. Or, basically Satan. 

1. What is Beelzebub?

zerochan.net

Beelzebub or Beelzebul ( /biːˈɛlzɪbʌb/bee-EL-zi-bub or /ˈbiːlzɪbʌb/BEEL-zi-bub; Hebrew: בַּעַל זְבוּב ‬ Baʿal Zəvûv) is a name derived from a Philistine god, formerly worshipped in Ekron

Ekron

The city of Ekron, in the Hellenistic period known as Accaron, was one of the five cities of the famed Philistine pentapolis, located in southwestern Canaan.

, and later adopted by some Abrahamic religions

Abrahamic Religions

th?id=AMMS_4079fa86e9193e0a1ecccaba3c7a59b1&w=100&h=100&qlt=80&pid=Reference_custom

The Abrahamic religions, also referred to collectively as Abrahamism, are a group of Semitic-originated religious communities of faith that claim descent from the Judaism of the ancient Israelites and the worship of the God of Abraham. The Abrahamic religions are monotheistic, with the term deriving from the patriarc…

as a major demon. The name Beelzebub is associated with the Canaanite god

Ancient Canaanite religion

Canaanite religion refers to the group of ancient Semitic religions practiced by the Canaanites living in the ancient Levant from at least the early Bronze Age through the first centuries of the Common Era.

Baal .
  • Thumbs Up 1

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

Not a good plan. Here's the how and why of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Including the end result thereof. 

Matthew 12:24-30 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth cast out devils, but by Beezlelbub the prince of devils. 25And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. 30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

And making this mistake knowingly results in this. 

Matthew 12:31-32 31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

So, this would be the correct context pertaining to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit 101. Thanks for reading. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

Thank you for breaking it down.

7 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Jesus is not a liar.  If he said there would be no forgiveness, that is what he meant.  The question is whether you really committed that sin?

Yeah, said some foul things.

7 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

If you don't remember that day when the Holy Spirit "illuminated" your sinful state and you "knew" your destiny was Hell, ...then it's quite possible God has brought you here to Worthy to here the Gospel:

...that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures: 1 Cor 15:3b-4

If you "know" in your heart you are a sinner, doomed to Hell, ...and you have never "received" Jesus into your heart, ...you have never invited Him into your life, ...that can change today, at this very moment, ...all you have to say, ...from your heart, not your head, is, "Jesus have mercy on me a sinner, ...I invite you to come into my heart!"

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Rom 10:9-10

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:13

I hope this helps...

Lord bless

It did. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Greetings....

This is what I believe thus far, with the Lord's help and by reading the Word of God, the Bible. 

Now, in Matthew 12:24, right before Jesus says in 12:31 that "all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men," the Pharisees were ascribing the works of the devil to Jesus.  So, in other words, these Pharisees who had seen Jesus' miracles and heard Him preach as no other man had ever preached, who knew in their heart of hearts that it was Jesus, the Son of God, the Savior of the world that stood in front of them, rejected Him and in reality, were worshiping Satan--yes, they knew Jesus and rejected Him in favor of Satan.  They rejected the Savior hatefully in their hearts and insulted the Holy Spirit who was convicting them and urging them to trust Christ, the Son of God.  

Now, in Revelation 14:9-11, let's read with eyes and ears wide open.:) I believe the unpardonable sin is being mentioned again. 

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice: If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

Brothers and sisters, in the not too distant future, the antichrist will be here on earth and he will claim to be God and will demand everyone to worship him and many will be deceived and will make the final decision to deny Christ.  Those who worship him will receive his mark, and I believe that unless they repent before the the Second Coming of Christ, they will have committed the unpardonable sin.  

I personally doubt very much that born again Christians/the Elect would ever commit the unpardonable sin.  The Elect have been waiting "for such a time as this" to let the Holy Spirit Spirit speak through them when delivered up before the antichrist.  I believe that in every age, those who are greatly enlightened and convicted by the Holy Spirit and yet turn away from Him, are on the verge of committing the sin that has no forgiveness.   

Thanks for the insight. ?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

deeplytroubled

Here is the confusion.  Many do not truly understand what the holy spirit is.  I will explain.

God is holy, therefore his spirit is holy.  The essence of God's spirit is "truth". His spirit does not bring forth lies, just pure truth.  Jesus also has God's Holy Spirit "dwelling in him".  The Holy Spirit is "the spirit of truth".  If we have Jesus dwelling in us, then that Holy Spirit that is in him, will also dwell in us. 

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit (spirit of truth) is to knowingly lie against what we know is absolute truth for personal gain.  To turn that truth around and deceive someone into sinning by crafty persuasion is the ultimate sin.  This is what Satan did.  He twisted the truth to deceive.  He knowingly lied against the truth for unrighteous gain.

If we sin, we have an advocate, the Lord Jesus Christ.  The devil is constantly throwing sparks our way, in the hope that we will make a fire out of that tiny spark.  We put out those sparks by practising what Christ taught us - to resist evil. Many times, we get caught, and fall into his trap.  Then we realise and repent.  This is how we learn how the enemy works.  Next time we should be more aware.  It's a constant battle to resist the enemy, and we all go through it every day.  Falling, and learning, exercising self control, growing in righteousness, but it's totally different from knowing the truth and making a lie over it in order to deceive someone.  I hope you can understand.

Here are some scriptures where Jesus was explaining to us what the Holy Spirit is;

John 14:17   Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26   But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jesus was speaking about the Holy Spirit, but he just gave more clarity and went into depth showing that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, Sister said:

deeplytroubled

Here is the confusion.  Many do not truly understand what the holy spirit is.  I will explain.

God is holy, therefore his spirit is holy.  The essence of God's spirit is "truth". His spirit does not bring forth lies, just pure truth.  Jesus also has God's Holy Spirit "dwelling in him".  The Holy Spirit is "the spirit of truth".  If we have Jesus dwelling in us, then that Holy Spirit that is in him, will also dwell in us. 

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit (spirit of truth) is to knowingly lie against what we know is absolute truth for personal gain.  To turn that truth around and deceive someone into sinning by crafty persuasion is the ultimate sin.  This is what Satan did.  He twisted the truth to deceive.  He knowingly lied against the truth for unrighteous gain.

If we sin, we have an advocate, the Lord Jesus Christ.  The devil is constantly throwing sparks our way, in the hope that we will make a fire out of that tiny spark.  We put out those sparks by practising what Christ taught us - to resist evil. Many times, we get caught, and fall into his trap.  Then we realise and repent.  This is how we learn how the enemy works.  Next time we should be more aware.  It's a constant battle to resist the enemy, and we all go through it every day.  Falling, and learning, exercising self control, growing in righteousness, but it's totally different from knowing the truth and making a lie over it in order to deceive someone.  I hope you can understand.

Here are some scriptures where Jesus was explaining to us what the Holy Spirit is;

John 14:17   Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26   But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jesus was speaking about the Holy Spirit, but he just gave more clarity and went into depth showing that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

Question: "Is the Holy Spirit a person?"

Answer: Many people find the doctrine of the Holy Spirit confusing. Is the Holy Spirit a force, a person, or something else? What does the Bible teach?

The Bible provides many ways to help us understand that the Holy Spirit is truly a person—that is, He is a personal being, rather than an impersonal thing. First, every pronoun used in reference to the Spirit is “he” not “it.” The original Greek language of the New Testament is explicit in confirming the person of the Holy Spirit. The word for “Spirit” (pneuma) is neuter and would naturally take neuter pronouns to have grammatical agreement. Yet, in many cases, masculine pronouns are found (e.g., John 15:26; 16:13-14). Grammatically, there is no other way to understand the pronouns of the New Testament related to the Holy Spirit—He is referred to as a “He,” as a person.

Matthew 28:19 teaches us to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is a collective reference to one Triune God. Also, we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit can be sinned against (Isaiah 63:10) and lied to (Acts 5:3). We are to obey Him (Acts 10:19–21) and honor Him (Psalm 51:11).

The personhood of the Holy Spirit is also affirmed by His many works. He was personally involved in creation (Genesis 1:2), empowers God’s people (Zechariah 4:6), guides (Romans 8:14), comforts (John 14:26), convicts (John 16:8), teaches (John 16:13), restrains sin (Isaiah 59:19), and gives commands (Acts 8:29). Each of these works requires the involvement of a person rather than a mere force, thing, or idea.

The Holy Spirit’s attributes also point to His personality. The Holy Spirit has life (Romans 8:2), has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11), is omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), is eternal (Hebrews 9:14), and is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7). A mere force could not possess all of these attributes, but the Holy Spirit does.

And the personhood of the Holy Spirit is affirmed by His role as the third Person of the Godhead. Only a being who is equal to God (Matthew 28:19) and possesses the attributes of omniscience, omnipresence, and eternality could be defined as God.

In Acts 5:3–4, Peter referred to the Holy Spirit as God, stating, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” Paul likewise referred to the Holy Spirit as God in 2 Corinthians 3:17–18, stating, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

The Holy Spirit is a person, as Scripture makes clear. As such, He is to be revered as God and serves in perfect unity with Father and Son to lead us in our spiritual lives.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, Deeplytroubled said:

I'm sure there must have been 1 or 2 people to do this in their lifetime..either as sinners who were later born again, athiest apologetics mocking with friends, muslims,etc.

Maybe you remember and don't want to admit it, or maybe you never committed such an act. The unforgiveable one. But

Matthew 12:31‭-‬32 says

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 

So what do you tell the person who later reads the scripture but has either already accepted Christ or not?

Should they just give up? Living in a "Do What Thou Wilt" attitude knowing they're condemned beyond saving?

Does God speak to those who want to know if they are comdemned or want forgiveness? Or are they shunned forever from the moment of blasphemy?

Why do you think blasphemy against the Holy Spirit specifically is the crime of all crimes?

Is God, the Son and Spirit not all the same? It seems to hold the HS in a higher regard than the Father or Son.

Well I for one can admit I've directly blasphemed the HS once upon a time. So now what?

Am I doomed? ? 

How did you balspheme the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is when someone says something purposefully against the Holy Spirit. The scribes did know that the miracle performed was from God, but they did not want the people to believe in Jesus, so they let come out of their mouths that the miracle was from the devil, which was a direct and willing attack against the work that the Spirit was clearly doing through Christ. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

@BeauJanglesAwesome how you reak it down for us brother! Amen:read:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 2/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, Sonshine said:

....and here is yet another place where I believe the unpardonable sin is being discussed, regarding those who would fall away after once being enlightened and convicted by the Holy Spirit.  

Hebrews 6:4-6 King James Version (KJV)

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And this is what I believe I have done and that it is impossible to repent. Why? Because I fell away and put Him to open shame. The desire is gone. All of it. Which is why I have been posting about my wife and kids. There is hopefully a chance for them, but I don't think I am among those God elected.