IGNORED

Will God Punish Barack Obama For Killing Osama bin Laden?

Nicol Bolas

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yup--the example I have used for my own benefit in understanding these things is the 'killing' of a violent criminal by a governing body with responsibility to its citizenry. I don't see dying as finality. I see it as moving on to the next chapter where God will deal with that one.

Murder is a thing that comes from the heart and not at all related to a civil duty, such as I have described or in war. The battle fought against the Nazis, I believe was a just battle.

It is unfortunate, but we live in a world where violence is a reality and where nations strive with one another for a variety of reasons.

I have tried to bring this 'home' so to speak when considering whether or not I could do violence (even killing) a bad guy in order to either save myself or to save an innocent. I feel confident, that I might do so to save another, but less confident that I would to save myself.

I have thought about these things for very many years.

I remember as a kid tossing rocks at a frog in the local pond trying to hit one. One day I did and killed one, I  felt miserable, I had just taken the life of another creature. What was a fun amusement burned in my soul and I will never forget that moment because I cannot imagine having to take the life of another person. One day God will judge me for the taking of that innocent frogs life, even though it was just a frog. I was not hunting frogs, Planning on eating them or anything like that, but just for pure amusement I did that. I Knew the difference then between murder and taking life for a purpose, whether that is self defense or hunting for sustenance. That was the Holy Ghost at work in me teaching me a lesson as child in Christ Jesus. 

A soldier in war kills the enemy because if they do not the enemy will kill him or his brothers in arms. They can however become callous to Killing till there is no more remorse for the loss of life. Many do reach this point in their service, and bury those emotions deep inside of themselves. My Father who fought in WW2 on one of the bloodiest battlefields of the war was like this. He never wanted to remember those things he witnessed and undoubtedly took part in. There is a consequence to pay for all Murder whether justified or not, and many are dealing with those consequences daily. As is common among the soldiers is the saying "the real heroes died in the battlefield". This should make you understand how grave the consequences of war are in the lives of those soldiers. All Murder is sin justified or not. Just because they hold you up as a hero does not mean you feel like one. Anyone who glamorizes war is just as guilty.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

This was war.  Military action is different than a personal retribution. Read Judges 4.   Deborah's song in Judges 5:24-27 recounts the story praising Jael for killing the evil king.  Perhaps God worked to bring about the death of Ben Laden as well.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm sorry everyone. I didn't mean to start a debate over this.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

On 2/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, Nicol Bolas said:

Osama bin Laden

2 Kings chapter 2 verse 5

"Now you yourself know what Joab son of Zeruiah did to me--what he did to the two commanders of Israel's armies, Abner son of Ner and Amasa son of Jether. He killed them, shedding their blood in peacetime as if in battle, and with that blood he stained the belt around his waist and the sandals on his feet.

I mentions in Daniel that wars will continue until the end.

I was  never in combat, but I believe you can kill in war and self defense, since nobody who is truthful can turn the other cheek.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

58 minutes ago, Nicol Bolas said:

I'm sorry everyone. I didn't mean to start a debate over this.

Don’t apologize. It was a good question and debate is good.?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

7 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:
11 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

The list would be very long here...setting abortion aside...there's Benghazi...her email cover up...all the witnesses against her "conveniently" ending up dead before they can testify....

I just asked because I hear people call her evil but never hear that about her husband who has put her and many women through emotional and psychological abuse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

I just asked because I hear people call her evil but never hear that about her husband who has put her and many women through emotional and psychological abuse.

Well, I would imagine he's not far behind. The reason you don't hear as much about him is first off, he doesn't have a trail of bodies following him.... second off he seems to be more of a puppet, just doing what he's told. More of an extension of Hillary, so to speak.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Clearly since God has not held it against him,  God is not going to.

The commandment is thou shalt not murder.  As God's servant on earth, our President ordered legally that what's his name be taken out. 

Romans 13 New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition (NRSVACE)

Being Subject to Authorities

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you wish to have no fear of the authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive its approval; 4 for it is God’s servant for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid, for the authority[a] does not bear the sword in vain! It is the servant of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be subject, not only because of wrath but also because of conscience. 6 For the same reason you also pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, busy with this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is due to them—taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honour to whom honour is due.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 2/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dennis1209 said:

May I also add, in my opinion:

David was a warrior for God and 'killed' many people, murdered one un-righteously [Uriah]. Yet, I believe in part, David was a man after God's own heart because he was a fearless warrior for Him.

Acts 13:22 (KJV) And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Exodus 23:7 Keep far from a false charge, and do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked.

And because David shed so much blood , God could not allow him to build a holy temple.

God is Holy

1 Chronicles 28:3 2Then King David rose to his feet and said, “Listen to me, my brothers and my people. It was in my heart to build a house as a resting place for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and as a footstool for our God. I had made preparations to build it, 3but God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for My Name, because you are a man of war who has spilled blood.’ 4Yet the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me out of all my father’s house to be king over Israel forever. For He chose Judah as leader, and from the house of Judah He chose my father’s household, and from my father’s sons He was pleased to make me king over all Israel.…

1 Chronicles 22:87“My son,” said David to Solomon, “it was in my heart to build a house for the Name of the LORD my God, 8but this word of the LORD came to me: ‘You have shed much blood and waged great wars. You are not to build a house for My Name because you have shed so much blood on the ground before Me. 9But a son will be born to you who will be a man of rest. I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side; for his name will be Solomon, and I will grant to Israel peace and quiet during his reign.…

About Solomon? he married to many wives from other pagan beliefs who brought their esoteric relics with them and even into the temple Solomon build. We don't know even from scripture if Soloman found salvation with God.

God warned Hid people that His blessing would be contingent on their obedience to Him.

So not sure God was pleased with that temple either or the sacrifice of animals

Also God said:  Hosea 6:6 …5Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of My mouth, and My judgments go forth like lightning. 6For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. 7But they, like Adam, have transgressed the covenant; there they were unfaithful to Me.…

Matthew 9:13 Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Hebrews 10

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Aside from the 10 commandments, it seems like a lot of those extra laws in leviticus,where more man made than Gods word spoken to man. They seem to have been a way to control a population and subdue man living  in some form of a structured society with others.

But I am not sure they were all from Gods mouth to these writers ears, as God say later that He prefers MERCY to sacrifice .

Christ Jesus had to come and set things strait: By repeating:

Hebrews 10

Matthew 9:13 Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Hebrews 104 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Jeremiah 7:3-7, 21-23 So said the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, “Improve your ways and your deeds, I then will allow you to dwell in this place. Do not rely on false words, saying, ‘The Temple of the Lord, The Temple of the Lord, The Temple of the Lord are they.’ If you improve your ways and your deeds, if you perform judgment between one man and his fellow man, you do not oppress the stranger, an orphan, or a widow, and you do not shed innocent blood in this place, and you do not follow other gods for your detriment. I will then allow you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave your forefathers from days of yore to eternity. . . So says the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, “Add your burnt offerings upon your sacrifices and eat flesh; for neither did I speak with your forefathers nor did I command them on the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt concerning a burnt offering or a sacrifice. This thing did I command them saying, ‘Listen to Me so that I am your God and you are My people, you walk in all the ways that I command you…'”

Christ Jesus identified that motive behind murder as anger Murder Begins in the Heart

in Matthew ch5: 21-22  Christ Jesus said: 21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother [b]without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’[c] shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, [d]‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Romans 13:8-10

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Edited by 1to3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I can't see God making a mistake and using the wrong word. 'Kill' is what He said right? In the KJV it says 'Kill'. If He meant murder, why didn't He just use that word?