IGNORED

Can you find any examples in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?s in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?

Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

On 3/11/2020 at 11:55 PM, -Pv- said:

Thank You,  I am trying for examples like Paul being directly taught by the Holy Spirit without a person teaching him

How about the burning bush.?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

22 hours ago, Taranis said:

Can you find any examples in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?s in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?

Corneius.

Acts 10 New International Version (NIV)

Cornelius Calls for Peter

10 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!”

Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.

The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”

When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.

Yes I can answer your Question with Scripture.

An, actual Angel talked to Cornelius.

Next question?

The angel gave him directions.  It does not sounds like the HS taught him doctrine.   But, that is an encouraging text. thanks

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, ...no offense meant, I don't understand your question???

First you start with a false premise, ...by using the word "Testament," ...what the Bible teaches us is God made a "Covenant" with the twelve tribes of Israel, and then on the Day of Pentecost He "renewed" the "covenant" He made to Abraham Gen 15, ...to his descendants as numerous as the sand, ...and to include the Gentiles, ...as "his" descendants as numerous as the stars, ...the wild olive branch that was "grafted" into the tree.

God divided time as we know it with the birth of His Son, ...when God took on human form, ...man divided His Word into two "Testaments," to facilitate the reading of it.

The Holy Spirit has been talking to man since the Garden of Eden in many different ways as have already been stated, ...but with the beginning of a new Dispensation, the Dispensation of Grace Eph 3:2, the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father to find a Bride for His Son Gen 24, ...which He called the Church, those that have been "called out" of this world and into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Now to your question, ...every born again child of God has been taught by the Holy Spirit, ...it's what Paul calls the "witness" in our spirit Heb 10:15, the Bible is a history book, ...included in it we find teachings about the "character" of our God, ...interspersed throughout the 66 books we find God's spiritual  "principles" and "morals" He wants His children to live by, in my personal opinion to try and divide it is impossible, ...wouldn't that be like "dividing" Jesus, the Word, ...in two?

We find the New Testament "hidden" in the Old and the Old Testament "revealed" in the New.

Lord bless 

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

Can you find any examples in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?

Paul wrote abt the gift of Holy Spirit, including Xenolalia n Glosolalia which is still poured until today in our gathering n God use Xenolalia to rebuke n discipline us as we are still living in this world, also the gift of vision/discerning spirit to reveal people's heart. We need to hv the OIL n not only one way communication.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

On 3/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, Daniel Marsh said:

The Holy Spirit is given for the benefit of all Christians.    What I am exploring with the OP is direct teaching only to the Apostles or did someone else in the NT was directly taught?    After all, teaching is one of the gifts.     I guess a quote from someone who says the Holy Spirit taught him or her something that is not made known elsewhere in the NT would be proof. 

Who is the Holy Spirit?

And what does the Holy Spirit teach?

-------

Deuteronomy 18:18-19 "... I will put my words in His mouth.. and it shall come to pass that whosoever does not hearken unto Him shall be destroyed from among the people"  [Acts 3:23]

The promise of My Father upon you.   Luke 24:49

Now, the Lord is that[the] Spirit   2 Corinthians 3:17

"The words I speak to you they are spirit and they are life" John 6:63

What Christ the Lord taught is what the Holy Spirit teaches.

For the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness meekness and self-control.

And what Christ taught is love; Luke 6:27-49, Matthew 7:12, John 15:12

------

Paul was not given 'new' revelation rather he knew what Christ taught by revelation. 

"I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus,
that there is nothing unclean of itself.." Romans 14:14

And we know, as Paul's audience knew, that Christ said "nothing from without defiles a man" Mark 7:15  Thereby we detect the presence of the Spirit in Paul's words.

Again "He is not a Jew which is one outwardly, but circumcision is that of the heart.."  Romans 2:28  These are clearly Spirit filled words, words that were taught, by the Spirit, through Moses:

"Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your hearts..." Deuteronomy 10:16-19

Thereby we can believe that Paul was also taught by the Spirit.

For the scriptures' Author is the Spirit, the scriptures are His written teachings.

As we can see throughout:

Do good to your enemies and them that hate you Exodus 23:4-5

Do good to your enemies and them that hate you Luke 6:27-29

Love ye therefore the stranger Deuteronomy 10:19

Love the stranger as yourself Leviticus 19:33-34

Therefore who is the Holy Spirit teaching? All of His precious creation.

For faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

And the word of God has gone out throughout all the world,
and all the world will have His word to learn from.  [Matthew 24:14]

As it is written: they shall all be taught of God,

therefore those that have heard and have learned of the Father, will come unto Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

pray for everyone you ever knew.
stop at your local chamber of commerce,  mine in Brighton, Michigan USA gave me two boxes of healthy snacks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 3/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

If prophecy  is dictation from God, should we not add those to Scripture.    Just a side note.    If someone knows how to answer it, please do so.

The only alleged dictation from God that became some form of scripture that I'm aware of is the Koran.

The Biblical scriptures were not dictated. Neither is prophesy.

Edited by NotAllThere

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, NotAllThere said:

The only alleged dictation from God that became some form of scripture that I'm aware of is the Koran.

The Biblical scriptures were not dictated. Neither is prophesy.

and they screwed that up something terrible.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

I would like to share this New Testament verse. 
“Be sure that you continue to follow the teaching you heard from the beginning. If you do that, you will always be in the Son and in the Father. And this is what the Son promised us—eternal life. I am writing this letter about those who are trying to lead you into the wrong way. Christ gave you a special gift. You still have this gift in you. So you don’t need anyone to teach you. The gift he gave you teaches you about everything. It is a true gift, not a false one. So continue to live in Christ, as his gift taught you.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:24-27‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, He's taught me several things that are not in the Bible.    It usually starts with, "Don't do that..."

• Haha 1