• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Butch5 said:

I don't think they will exist.

The Bible says they will suffer without end
here is a good treatise on the subject: https://www.gotquestions.org/hell-real-eternal.html

The reason people want to remove Biblical truth from God's revealed truth in His Word is that it is unimaginable fear... so remove the truth and the fear subsides...
Jesus gave this account of man for 2000 plus years has been suffering awaiting The Great White Throne Judgment of God
Luke 16:20-31

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
KJV
notice the whole of everything is God's Word and the warning as sufficient... God says it is sufficient after all! To deny the account is to call Jesus a liar....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

So can an atheist act ethically? Certainly, but he has no ultimate reason to do so and no ultimate authority to look to in order to ensure his line is indeed straight and unbendable.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brothers & Sisters

And they mock God by saying things like "Well,all my friends will be there "or some other kind of joke "if" they say,"there is a hell" How could anyone be willing to take such a risk,have they no concept of anything other than "self".....to be so vain to look up at the Heavens & not consider the Creator,I don't understand how blind anyone could be...it's a terrifying thought

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Bible says they will suffer without end
here is a good treatise on the subject: https://www.gotquestions.org/hell-real-eternal.html

The reason people want to remove Biblical truth from The God revealed truth in His Word is that it is unimaginable fear... so remove the truth and the fear subsides...
Jesus gave this account of man for 2000 plus years has been suffering awaiting The Great White Throne Judgment of God
Luke 16:20-31

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
KJV
notice the whole of everything is God's Word and the warning as sufficient... God says it is sufficient after all to deny the account is to call Jesus a liar....

Hi, 

Be careful on that site, there is a lot of error there. This parable isn't about life after death, it's about the judgment that the Jewish leadership was about to face for what they were about to do to Christ. 

I've studied this subject for years. I'm familiar with just about every passage of Scripture that people are going to post after reading this. The Scriptures don't teach that people will suffer forever. That idea has been brought to the text and is upheld by a mistranslation of the Greek word "aion" Aion doesn't mean forever as it's often translated. The proper translation is "age". It is an age. 

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (Matt. 25:1 KJV)

In this passage the  word translated everlasting is the Greek word "aion".

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, (Matt. 13:49 KJV)

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
 (Matt. 24:3 KJV)

In these passages the word translated world is the same Greek word as above, "aion". In these passages Jesus speaks of the end of the aion. Now, how can an aion be forever if Jesus says it ends? By definition the word forever means unending. So, someone is wrong. I don't think it's Jesus. I think the translators are forcing their beliefs on the text.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matt. 12:32 KJV)

Here, Jesus speaks of this aion and the one to come. If aion meant forever as the translators seem to think how could it end? And, how could there be one to come if the present one never ends?

It seems to me that the translators have something askew here. Since, aion doesn't mean forever, we can conclude that people will not suffer forever. 

Also note how the translators have chosen different words for aion to fit what they believe.

• Oy Vey! 1

@enoob57

I gave you the evidence. The translators say it's forever. Jesus said it ends. We just have to choose who we're going to believe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

38 minutes ago, Butch5 said:

@enoob57

I gave you the evidence. The translators say it's forever. Jesus said it ends. We just have to choose who we're going to believe.

The need to study for one to show one's self approved is required... in all matters of Godliness:

Mark 9:42-47

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
KJV
Jesus said this above and if it is only but a moment and we burn up why would it be better now to cut off a hand, foot or pluck out an eye rather than go there? It is better to be maimed in this life to not got to hell where even the worm is not burnt up... Oh by the way if the worm is not burnt but remains in the fire and the fire last forever why would we being a worm/sinner be burnt up? 

Job 17:14

14 I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou are my mother, and my sister.
KJV

Isa 14:11

11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
KJV

Isa 66:24

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
KJV

you may try to pull the wool over a babes eye but not mine -hell and those in it will suffer without hope for all of eternity that is a Biblical fact...

34 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The need to study for one to show one's self approved is required... in all matters of Godliness:

Mark 9:42-47

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
KJV
Jesus said this above and if it is only but a moment and we burn up why would it be better now to cut off a hand, foot or pluck out an eye rather than go there? It is better to be maimed in this life to not got to hell where even the worm is not burnt up... Oh by the way if the worm is not burnt but remains in the fire and the fire last forever why would we being a worm/sinner be burnt up? 

Job 17:14

14 I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou are my mother, and my sister.
KJV

Isa 14:11

11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
KJV

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
KJV

you may try to pull the wool over a babes eye but not mine -hell and those in it will suffer without hope for all of eternity that is a Biblical fact...

Wait, why are you jumping to other passages that don't address the issue? I gave a passage showing where the translators translated aion as everlasting. Everlasting means it doesn't end. However, as I pointed out Jesus said the aion does end. Not only that, but that there will be another aion after this one. The aion either ends or it doesn't end. Either Jesus or the translators is right, the other is wrong. I believe Jesus knew better than the translators. It's really that simple. Which one do you believe is right? There's no need to jump to other passages until this issue is ironed out. 

However, since you mentioned Mark 9, let's look at it. Jesus spoke of being thrown into Gehenna where the fire is not quenched. Let me ask you, is it better to loose a hand and live or is it better to die? I think most would say it's better to loose a hand. So, that should answer your question. Note too, that when Jesus said that He was alluding to Isaiah 66, which you quoted from.

Notice what is burning here in the fire that shall not be quenched. It's carcases. A carcass is a dead body. These are not living people suffering torment, they are dead bodies. Also note that the word "quenched" means to put out. It's not that the fire won't go out, it's that no one can put it out. The fire will go out. We are told that one day Gehenna will be made holy again to the Lord.

38 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that the city shall be built to Jehovah from the tower of Hananel unto the gate of the corner. 39 And the measuring line shall go out further straight onward unto the hill Gareb, and shall turn about unto Goah. 40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto Jehovah; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.
 (Jer. 31:1 KJV)

Note that Jeremiah tells us that the whole valley of dead bodies and ashes will be made holy. Gehenna is the valley of the Son of Himon. It's a valley where the wicked will be burned up. Jeremiah says that one day it will be holy to the Lord. So, we know that it's not a place of eternal torment.

I'm not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, it's already there. I'm trying to remove it. You spoke of studying to show one's self approved. As I said, I have studied this subject for years.

One last thought. The Bible says God is love. Do you believe He would torture people?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Butch5 said:

as I pointed out Jesus said the aion does end.

I looked up def of AION :Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) is a sudden loss of vision. ... Arteritic AION (A-AION) is caused by inflammation of arteries supplying blood to the optic nerve. Nonarteritic AION (NA-AION) is caused by reasons other than inflammation of the arteries.

Aion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
40px-Wiktionary-logo-en-v2.svg.png Look up AION, Aion, or aion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Aion may refer to:

Music

Entertainment

AION

Other uses

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AEON

How many years is an aeon?
109 years

Astronomy and cosmology

In astronomy an aeon is defined as a billion years (109 years, abbreviated AE). Roger Penrose uses the word aeon to describe the period between successive and cyclic Big Bangs within the context of conformal cyclic cosmology.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We live in the time zone.(it too shall pass)

God lives in the Eternal (it shall never pass) and the time zone., which for Him is like a moment, but that moment does not last.

Christ Jesus is the bridge, that covers us and makes us acceptable by the covering of His Holy PURE Blood to make us acceptable HOLY and PURE to reunite with God into the eternal. SEE: 1 John ch1 v5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

Hell is darkness and the eternal absence of God.

To live in the absence of God is a horrible thing, that Atheist have to look forward to.

8 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

I looked up def of AION :Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) is a sudden loss of vision. ... Arteritic AION (A-AION) is caused by inflammation of arteries supplying blood to the optic nerve. Nonarteritic AION (NA-AION) is caused by reasons other than inflammation of the arteries.

Aion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
40px-Wiktionary-logo-en-v2.svg.png Look up AION, Aion, or aion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Aion may refer to:

Music

Entertainment

AION

Other uses

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AEON

How many years is an aeon?
109 years

Astronomy and cosmology

In astronomy an aeon is defined as a billion years (109 years, abbreviated AE). Roger Penrose uses the word aeon to describe the period between successive and cyclic Big Bangs within the context of conformal cyclic cosmology.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

God lives in the Eternal (it shall never pass) and the time zone., which for Him is like a moment, but that moment does not last.

Christ Jesus is the bridge, that covers us and makes us acceptable by the covering of His Holy PURE Blood to make us acceptable HOLY and PURE to reunite with God into the eternal. SEE: 1 John ch1 v5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

To live in the absence of God is a horrible thing, that Atheist have to look forward to.

I don't see what this has to do with what I said. We're talking about the Greek word aion. I've shown the evidence. Either an aion ends or it doesn't. Jesus said it does, translators say it doesn't. Choose who you will believe.

Edited by Butch5

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

From what I understand:

-----------------------

We live in the time zone.(this too shall pass), no one can enter the eternal LIFE of GOD except through HIS SON Christ JESUS, who makes us acceptable in His sight through the BLOOD covering of HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON CHRIST JESUS (by HIS Stripes we are healed  Isaiah  53)

God is LIFE/Christ Jesus IS LIFE/THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD IS LIFE

THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD LIVES  in everyone who accepts Christ Jesus as their LORD and SAVIOR .

John 14:6

6  ChristJesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

God IS ETERNITY IS LIFE IS ENERGY IS LAW,

GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE ENERGY, GOD Is ETERNAL LAW, LIVES ON continues eternally

Edited by 1to3