IGNORED

IN THE MIDST OF COVID19, WHAT'S NEXT IN BIBLE PROPHECY?

CLIVE CAMPBELL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, luigi said:

True Israel are they who believe, and are not those through genealogical heritage (Romans 9:6-8). 

True. But:

Romans 11:25-36 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. 32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,510
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

4 hours ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

dad2, re Hab 3:5, see my article in 4 parts here:

https://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=203160

Looking at the article it doesn't take long to get the gist of your opinion. You basically explain away things and offer some historical fit that is laughably inappropriate.

Re "great signs in heaven [Israel]," they do cut the mustard, because God is going to be working especially with Israel in Daniel's 70th heptad of years, roughly 2023 to 2030. The "times of the Gentiles" will have been completed. The "fullness of the Gentiles" will have come in.

Of course God is working on earth in Israel and elsewhere. That is not a sign in the heavens. The wise men did not follow some prophetic calendar to the hose Jesus lived. They followed a star in the sky. The signs in the bible involving the end time and the heavens are clearly about  the sky and heavens.

If the world sees a big regional Mideast war in which Israel expands,

They have seen wars already there and heard rumours of wars that never happened. There will be wars there and that also is a sign, but not to be conflated with signs in the heavens.

if they see the morning and evening sacrifices start on the Temple Mount,

That would not be a sign in the heavens either. That is another prophesy, you seem to conflate it all into one big ball.

if they see construction start on the 4th Temple (after Solomon's, Zerubbabel's and Herod's), they better repent and believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!

Many will. Many won't.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

1 hour ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

True. But:

Romans 11:25-36 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. 32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

In regards to Abraham's physical progeny, a remnant will be saved. 

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

18 minutes ago, dad2 said:

Looking at the article it doesn't take long to get the gist of your opinion. You basically explain away things and offer some historical fit that is laughably inappropriate.

dad2, before dismissing me with unkind remarks, you should at least read why I believe 4-millennia stanzas run through parts if not the whole of the Bible.

https://www.biblicaltheology.com/Research/CampbellC01.pdf

If you read the paper, at the end where it says 1850-80, I would now replace with 1910.

32 minutes ago, luigi said:

In regards to Abraham's physical progeny, a remnant will be saved. 

Agreed.

37 minutes ago, dad2 said:

They have seen wars already there and heard rumours of wars that never happened. There will be wars there and that also is a sign, but not to be conflated with signs in the heavens.

Further, dad2, you don't seem to get that I am using Israel as the figurative meaning for "heaven." If you don't accept that, I wonder if you would consider the resurrection and rapture a sign in the heavens, as millions of people visibly ascend into heaven with immortal bodies to meet the Lord in the clouds.

17 minutes ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

dad2, before dismissing me with unkind remarks, you should at least read why I believe 4-millennia stanzas run through parts if not the whole of the Bible.

https://www.biblicaltheology.com/Research/CampbellC01.pdf

If you read the paper, at the end where it says 1850-80, I would now replace with 1910.

I looked at your article near the end. I saw this

"“This is the first resurrection” actually refers to the resurrection of Moses in the third millennium. “Blessed and holy is he [Moses] that hath part in the first resurrection” "

Sorry, that is patently ridiculous. Jesus is the firstfruits, and the resurrection and the life. Not Moses, or Daniel, or Adam etc etc.

5 minutes ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

Further, dad2, you don't seem to get that I am using Israel as the figurative meaning for "heaven." If you don't accept that, I wonder if you would consider the resurrection and rapture a sign in the heavens, as millions of people visibly ascend into heaven with immortal bodies to meet the Lord in the clouds.

Sure, that could fit if people see something in the sky. However, I am not sure they will see Him or us at that time. They may see strange effects on the heavens etc.

2 minutes ago, dad2 said:

I looked at your article near the end. I saw this

"“This is the first resurrection” actually refers to the resurrection of Moses in the third millennium. “Blessed and holy is he [Moses] that hath part in the first resurrection” "

Sorry, that is patently ridiculous. Jesus is the firstfruits, and the resurrection and the life. Not Moses, or Daniel, or Adam etc etc.

dad2, you are too quick to jump to conclusions and read no further. Of course, Moses was raised first. He appears with Jesus and Elijah in his immortal body on the Mount of Transfiguration. As mediator of the old covenant, his resurrection foretold the resurrection of the mediator of the new covenant. Of course, Jesus was the firstfruits, in terms of headship and primacy, but not in terms of time.

Deuteronomy 34:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

Jude 9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

5 minutes ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

dad2, you are too quick to jump to conclusions and read no further. Of course, Moses was raised first. He appears with Jesus and Elijah in his immortal body on the Mount of Transfiguration. As mediator of the old covenant, his resurrection foretold the resurrection of the mediator of the new covenant. Of course, Jesus was the firstfruits, in terms of headship and primacy, but not in terms of time.

Deuteronomy 34:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

Jude 9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

If a guy was buried as you say, how is it they were resurrected also? Seems to me it is one or the other. There is no body in the tomb of Jesus, it is empty.