• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Do you not have close encounters of a third kind? I suspect most if not all  Christians are not angry, nor does everything go our way here in the flesh. We simply give thanks in all things, no matter which way they may seem to be going knowing God uses even that which is intended for evil  to the good of those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God, and personal Savior. Praise God He is good good so good. 

I didn't see the movie.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

What confuses me is that when the Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, my life was transformed, but when I share my testimony, some seem to object.

John, if you did just share your testimony of repenting of sin, 
I would have given you a big thumbs up, and NOT HAVE OBJECTED.
But you didn't do that, you said you had made an observation to share instead.

THIS is what you said:     "Perhaps I would be allowed to share an observation:

It would seem to me there are two kinds of people who identify as Christians. First are those who try not to sin. These, for the most part, live happily ever after. And then there are those who think sin is okay. These seem to be angry most of the time"

And you wonder why "those people" are angry.
And then make a statement that you were not talking about OSAS.
We're not that naive.
BTW, JTB. You/we may want to consider.
There are a lot of seekers/viewers watching this "Christian" thread you started.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

John, if you did just share your testimony of repenting of sin, 
I would have given you a big thumbs up, and NOT HAVE OBJECTED.
But you didn't do that, you said you had made an observation to share instead.

THIS is what you said:     "Perhaps I would be allowed to share an observation:

It would seem to me there are two kinds of people who identify as Christians. First are those who try not to sin. These, for the most part, live happily ever after. And then there are those who think sin is okay. These seem to be angry most of the time"

And you wonder why "those people" are angry.
And then make a statement that you were not talking about OSAS.
We're not that naive.
BTW, JTB. You/we may want to consider.
There are a lot of seekers/viewers watching this "Christian" thread you started.

I think my observation is an accurate one and worth noting. My testimony is consistently disputed by several. What is there to dispute? The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing and my life was transformed. I think there are some who can learn from that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, luigi said:

With the majority of those who think sin is okay representing the OSAS camp; I believe it is all the scriptures which clearly indicate that to continue in sin is not OK, that makes them angry. Their prefering to continue in love with their carnal inclinations while denying the truth that something is wrong is what makes them angry.

this is where the OSAS thoughts came from...

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

You're casting accusations and posting off topic, not "hurting" some feelings. 

The OP recognizes that many in the OSAS camp respond with enmity. When reading through the many topics on this forum it is easy to see that this observation is accurate. I therefore provided my opinion as to why they (the OSAS camp) have anger issues.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 4/23/2020 at 5:33 AM, johnthebaptist said:

Perhaps I would be allowed to share an observation:

It would seem to me there are two kinds of people who identify as Christians. First are those who try not to sin. These, for the most part, live happily ever after. And then there are those who think sin is okay. These seem to be angry most of the time.

There is ONE kind of Christian, the kind that God has granted that they could have a relationship with Him, by grace, through faith. 
They have this in common:

• they are all human beings
  •  all are sinners
  •  all make mistakes.

Among all of these saved sinners are those who understand some things, and others who misunderstand some things, I suspect all of them misunderstand some things, I do not think I have encountered any omniscient Christians. Among all of these, there are some who have anger and pride issues, and it shows. The anger and pride, is not limited to any one theological position, it is evident among all persuasions. ALL Christians try not to sin, that is what Christians do! It is part of our new nature. None of us is perfect yet, so at times, we lapse into aspects of our old nature to things like anger and pride, and the need to think that we are better then the other guy (who of course unlike us, must be mistaken). Sometimes we feel compelled to correct the other guy and forget about the speck which is in our own eye. Let's try also, to avoid that sin!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

Some of us recognize the truth about our shortcomings towards God and acknowledge our sins to Him with heartfelt remorse, while others choose to believe that their shortcomings/sins towards God is acceptable by Him, as they believe they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and thus all is forgiven now and in the future. The problem with this latter perspective is that what some believe to be their acceptance of Jesus as their Lord and Savior, is in fact their denying Him as their Lord, when they more prefer and repeatedly choose their carnal nature over the Lords Spirit. This kindergarten perspective which I also believed in for a very long time, will soon be overthrown as it appears the Lord is now commencing to shake the earth, where those things that can be shaken, will be shaken out (Hebrews 12:26-27). I hope and pray for all of us who truly want a closer relationship with the Lord, and not just one where we say we do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, luigi said:

I apologize if I have hurt some feelings by saying that most OSAS people feel it's OK to sin; I more appropriately should have said that most OSAS people believe that though they sin, they are covered, and thereby do not feel so compelled to relinquish their carnal inclinations. They nevertheless, deep down realize there is something wrong with their sins continuously being covered, while they make little if any attempt to stop sinning, and thus it shows in their angry reactions to those who bring up views contrary to the OSAS perspective. 

Knowing that ALL of my  sins are covered by the Blood Of Jesus Christ makes me want to sin LESS . Once again, it’s  one of those “Christian Paradox” thingies......It becomes more and more clear to me that You have to live it to Understand it.......To have ANY chance to live it , you have to do as God Commands— Abandon your disobedience and unbelief by Resting in the Gospel ......don’t settle for a “ Walk Of Faith” That is crippled......You either Trust God or you don’t ......Your reaction to the Gospel is a test from God........Don’t Be Of the same mind-set that left the Untrusting Jews to die in the Wilderness......have the Courage to step out in Faith...... “ Let go and let God”.....

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

7 hours ago, luigi said:

Some of us recognize the truth about our shortcomings towards God and acknowledge our sins to Him with heartfelt remorse, while others choose to believe that their shortcomings/sins towards God is acceptable by Him, as they believe they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and thus all is forgiven now and in the future. The problem with this latter perspective is that what some believe to be their acceptance of Jesus as their Lord and Savior, is in fact their denying Him as their Lord, when they more prefer and repeatedly choose their carnal nature over the Lords Spirit. This kindergarten perspective which I also believed in for a very long time, will soon be overthrown as it appears the Lord is now commencing to shake the earth, where those things that can be shaken, will be shaken out (Hebrews 12:26-27). I hope and pray for all of us who truly want a closer relationship with the Lord, and not just one where we say we do.

The difference in the kind of grace you believe OSAS is and what it actually is, are two different concepts, IMO.  OSAS means that before salvation I did not have to do anything. God came to me in my greatest need as a sinner and asked me to simply believe who He said He is, resting and trusting in the finished work of Christ. After I was saved, I began to experience salvation. My Father does not abandon me anymore than my earthly father abandons me when I am disobedient. He does not say, "you are no longer my son; you were never born to me. I don't know you." He tells me I am His, that He loves me with a covenantal love, an everlasting love, a love He started and promises He will finish. I may hear God say to me, "Son, adultery is not something you want to pursue," and I look back and remember all of the ways God has loved me and brought me up in the image of His Son, I will no longer  want to act contrary to His commands. Instead of being obedient because I have to, I am free to be obedient because I desire to be. But because I am human, and am flawed, blemished, and imperfect, I stumble, and sin. It does not mean that my "sins are acceptable before Him." Where are you getting this misperceived information? Will the God who loves me not correct me? Does He not say in Revelation that, "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent"? The idea of repenting means to turn back to Him. If I do not, I am disciplined---not abandoned. Hebrews tells us, "Do not make light of the Lord's discipline nor lose hope when He rebukes you." He is speaking to His own children. He is not abandoning them. No one here is angerly defending themselves who are OSAS, but what I am hearing is judgement from you if I don't "measure up." Romans 7:5 puts into proper perspective those who always are looking at their sins instead of looking to Christ. The more we try to contend with what is wrong with us, the more we want to sin. It actually heightens, not diminishes our desire. Please read it. Your name-calling ("This kindergarten perspective")---even if you were right, will never get someone to change his way---and that is precisely why God knows that the "Do this or else" philosophy doesn't work. It has nothing to do with grace, but it has everything to do with compulsion and outward compliance, begrudging what we do instead of desiring to. Obedience is practiced out of love, not force. "If you love me, you will obey me." It is a statement of fact, not a command. Someone who hates God will not obey Him. :)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't know any Christians who think sin is OK, but I do know quite a few who seem to think that the forgiveness given by Jesus through his finished work of the cross provides freedom to sin without repercussions.  Nobody's perfect, but we should all try to be, while accepting our inability to actually achieve perfection.  Effort comes from the heart.  Outcomes come from God.

• Thumbs Up 1