IGNORED

Tearing Down Strongholds is not easy but they will come down....

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, BlessedCreator said:

Let us not forget that we are warned in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 that the antichrist must first be revealed before the end comes. Nobody is getting an escape card in these end times.

Also we are saved by faith which means our trust in God. But as James 2:26 tells us faith without works is dead. The works are God's will, His commandments and precepts taught in His word, the Holy Bible. Without obeying God your faith is dead.

That is why we are told in Matthew 7:14 that few will be saved. Because few take heed of the warnings. Such as that taught in Jesus' parable about the unprofitable servant being cast into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt 25:30).

You cant trust in the Holy One if you live an unholy life.

John 2:17 KJB

"...he that doeth the will of God abideth forever"

Obey God and you can trust (have faith) in Him that He will save you. But if you live contrary to His will (anything contrary to His will is sin) you will perish.

Dont believe the easy to believe doctrines that you are saved merely by believing. This faith requires much more than.

Matthew 7:13-14 KJB

"

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

"Also we are saved by faith which means our trust in God. But as James 2:26 tells us faith without works is dead."

.............*****............

I believe you are taking the name of James in vain...

James was commissioned by Jesus to teach what he has heard from him...

To know what James teach about Jesus, you can get an idea by reading the Gospels and see what Jesus said about himself....

And what is the status of anyone who believes in him...

Now as you are going through the Gospels and you come across that Jesus have said ....

" but faith in him as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins if any one who believes in him...that the person is not forgiven and he is still in his sins....till the works assign to him by the bible are done.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Following is a great article comparing Lawlessness and Legalism. I Want to Quote a part that speaks of Lawlessness, Because there are some here that deny this exists, and they may Knowingly or Unknowingly falling victim to the Lawlessness. As I Have said in the Past, these Are Satan's two towers (Strongholds) that He Fights the true Born again believer from. I Am focusing on Lawlessness because it is under represented on this forum in Particular.

Here is the link if you wish to read the entire article it is a bit lengthy with Lots of Information: https://illbehonest.com/legalism-vs-lawlessness

Opposing Errors

Nothing is sufficient to secure true holiness of life except the regenerating and indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. It is not surprising, then, that false teachers (who are “devoid of the Spirit”3) have always tended toward either legalism or lawlessness in their approach to “Christian” living. Those who are legalistic have substituted law for grace,4 and those who are lawless have “turned the grace of our God into licentiousness.”5 Though we may be inclined to think of legalism as a particularly “Jewish” sin and lawlessness as a particularly “Gentile” sin, in reality both tendencies coexist in every natural man. The sinful heart that is legalistic in its thinking one day may be lawless in its actions the next. In fact, external legalism often coincides with internal lawlessness; the scribes and Pharisees are a primary example.6

No Christian can be a true legalist, since trust in law is mutually exclusive of trust in Christ.7 In the same way, no Christian can be truly lawless, since Christ “never knew” those who “practice lawlessness.”8 Nevertheless, Christians can be adversely affected by both legalism (as the Galatians were) and lawlessness (as the Corinthians were). True Christians can become legalistic in their mindset, concentrating on obedience to a mental “list of duties” rather than their relationship to Christ, and seeking by their daily “performance” to maintain God’s favor and smile. Likewise, true Christians can become lawless in their mindset, using “grace” as an excuse for a lazy and careless spiritual lifestyle, rather than “disciplining themselves for the purpose of godliness.”9 Every professing Christian should give heed to the warning signs of both legalism and lawlessness, since each dishonors God, and the Holy Spirit will never allow either of them to “reign” in the life of a true believer.

Characteristics of Lawlessness

1. The lawless person centers his life around self and sin, rather than God and others. “Self” is the real god of every lawless person. He cares more about his own will and desires than about pleasing or glorifying the Lord. His inner attitude is, “I do not want this Man [Christ] to reign over me.”20 The lawless person also cares more about his own will and desires than about what is best for his fellow men. Like the legalist, he utterly fails to keep the two great commandments.

These men are those who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever. Jude 12-13

1. Lawlessness turns the grace of God into a license for sin. Lawlessness teaches that because we are saved by grace rather than works, it does not matter how we live. It says that Christians are free to sin because they are not under Law, and it encourages men to neglect or think lightly of Christ’s commandments. Those who are careful to obey Christ are vilified as “legalists.”

For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ – Jude 4

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? – Romans 6:15-16

Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?” And then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.” – Matthew 7:21-23

1. Lawlessness teaches that it is not necessary to be holy in order to be saved. Lawlessness implies or openly advocates the idea that those who are personally unrighteous can inherit the kingdom of God, saying that good works are not the test of true conversion, and sanctification is not a necessary evidence of justification. Repentance is viewed either as not being part of the gospel message or as not involving any actual change of practice with regard to sin. Faith can then be “without works” and yet still be true saving faith.

Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification [holiness] without which no one will see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14

Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. – 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits. Matthew 7:16-20

What use is it, my brethren, if a man says he has faith, but he has no works? Can that faith save him?…You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? James 2:14, 19-20

1. Lawlessness views the law of God with contempt. Those who are lawless are not afraid to treat God’s commandments and requirements lightly and with disdain. By their attitudes and actions, they imply that the law itself is evil. Paul, on the other hand, extols the law as “holy, righteous, and good” and rejects as unthinkable any idea that the law is sin.

What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law…. Romans 7:7

So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful. Romans 7:12-13

1. Lawlessness dishonors God. Hypocrisy and lawlessness by those who claim to be Christians causes God’s name to be blasphemed among unbelievers and His truth to be maligned.

Therefore, say to the house of Israel, “Thus says the Lord God, ‘It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went. And I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord,’ declares the Lord God, ‘when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight.’” Ezekiel 36:22-23

You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God? For “The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” just as it is written. Romans 2:23-24

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned…. 2 Peter 2:1-2

Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored. Titus 2:3-5

(Taken from The Law of Christ, by Charles Leiter, published by Granted Ministries Press. Used by permission of the author.)

Mr. Leiter, with all due respect  does not know what he is talking about......just one of many who prove that  they have not been granted Grace and therefore misrepresent it, don't understand it and more sadly, never live it.Grace. The very thing that saved any man who was ever saved.....and they haven’t a clue about it.....spouting falsehoods out of ignorance.....assumption after assumption......Carnal- minded “ believers” just can’t imagine a scenario where ALL sins are forgiven and the result is LESS SIN.......you have to live it  to understand it..... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

If this is going to be a legalism vs grace thread re: Salvation, you people know right?, that it will get move to the soteriology section.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A raise of hands please.

Have you ever presented the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone to see them outright reject it?

To even understand the message of forgiveness of sins and yet reject it.

The sense of the Spirit within you when this happens is quite profound.

This is Hebrews---those verses that Grace deniers always bring up.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

On 4/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, Gideon said:

Come on, brother, Hebrews was written to believers. And this scripture positively identifies them as such. How? We are  told that these willful sinners WERE sanctified, past tense, but spit on on the sacrifice whereby they WERE sanctified and will suffer the results..... no more covering for their sins. 

I have never seen such sad attempts at ignoring what is obvious to all  simply because you do not like whst it does to your doctrine. I pray you awake to the truth right in front of your eyes.

Gids

Its nice that you can't post any verses to support your bad theology.   

But here is where you started wrong ... You said this...... "How can anyone READ those verses"..

So thats your first error, and its the constant error of every person who ends up "fallen from Grace", who ends up teaching "let me show you how you keep yourself saved"... Which is you.  Thats what you teach.  "self saving" in place of Jesus Saves.

That's what you teach, and it denies Grace, and rejects the Cross.

And people who become a Galatians 1:8, come to this place inside, subverted, because another teacher of religion, who has also rejected Grace, teaches them...

-

So, it all starts with 2 issues..  There are 2 issues that cause a person to become theologically perverted as Paul teaches as Galatians 1:8.

First, they DO NOT ever become THIS .. Hebrews 13:9  ""Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by GRACE".

Now do you see that Reader?   You have to get your own """HEART ESTABLISHED.....BY.....GRACE", in the beginning of your Christianity.  As if you dont you will be "carried away by heretics", and the end result is that you will be teaching and preaching ANTI-GRACE words, exactly like all heretics teach.   You will end up, in opposition to God's Grace, while thinking and believing  that you are teaching Truth.   Paul says of these people are SUBVERTED INSIDE...Titus 3  and "fallen from Grace".  And their core Light that they now have is , as Jesus said...>"Luke 11:36 - "take heed (take care)  that the light that is in you is not darkness""

So, when a "brother" is teaching against GRACE, then this is because the light that is in them. .their core faith, is dark, its Cross Rejecting.   And it always sounds like this...

The heretic teaches....."yes Jesus saves BUT let me show you what you must DO to stay saved".....And that is to teach that the Grace of God, the Blood of Jesus is not sufficient to keep you saved, so the heretic teaches you that  by self effort you are to  do what the Blood Atonement can't DO FOR YOU...(YET IT DID ALREADY)..   So that is DARK Light.  That is Christ rejecting Light.. That is the teaching that you can "lose your salvation", because the Blood Of Jesus is not able to keep that from Happening.  That is the LIE that the Grace of God is insufficient so YOU HAVE TO FINISH YOUR OWN SALVATION BY = SELF EFFORT.

Many Heretic teach this, and what they can't see, because their mind is blinded by the devil, is that the very verse is Hebrews that talk about sinning willfully against the Spirit of God, is exactly the same as Teaching that you can lose your salvation, as in both cased you are denying that the Grace of God and the Power of the Blood of Jesus IS= the only thing that can KEEP YOU SAVED.  THIS IS BEING DENIED....    So, the heretic is refuting the Grace of God.. They are denying the finished work of Jesus on the Cross, when they teach that a person has the power to undo the Grace of God and the Blood Atonement.  They are actually teaching that WORKS or LACK OF THEM, have more power to cause you to lose your salvation,  then Grace of God and the Blood of Jesus has the Eternal power to KEEP YOU SAVED.  This denies the Cross, Reader.

This person is cursed........ Galatians 1:8.

And also.  @Gideon said this...   "who can READ THAT and not understand".........  And THAT is exactly the other reason that many people are teaching lies.   Its because they dont understand that you don't READ the bible to find the truth......Instead, you "STUDY to show yourself approved to God" by "rightly DIVIDING the Word"..... So, a "reader" like Gideon and others, fall prey to a self made Grace denying theology=  because they are just reading words and then they stop there, and this has ruined their understanding of the verses as they never received any revelation from God because there is not STUDY.

And of course these people will now run to me and say..."well, what i meant"........but NO.....you didnt........as you said what you MEAN which explains what you are and why you can't SEE.

Listen Reader, the way you keep from falling prey to "well doesn't it just say wben you READ IT"......is because the bible is a Spiritual word.  Its discerned spiritually as REVELATiON that does not ever come by "reading" it as @Gideon has not understood......but rather you compare scriptures with scriptures and by this, God gives you the LIGHT OF Revelation that is the CONTEXT and the Spiritual Discernment OF the Verses.   So, you have to do THAT all your Christian LIFE, from the BEGINNING,  or you will just end up READING what can only be spiritually discerned and then you end up with a belief system that has nothing to do with what the verses meaning, and a faith that is dark and TEACHES to  reJect Grace and the Cross..  by replacing it with WORKS to be accepted and KEPT by God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Mr. Leiter, with all due respect  does not know what he is talking about......just one of many who prove that  they have not been granted Grace and therefore misrepresent it, don't understand it and more sadly, never live it.Grace. The very thing that saved any man who was ever saved.....and they haven’t a clue about it.....spouting falsehoods out of ignorance.....assumption after assumption......Carnal- minded “ believers” just can’t imagine a scenario where ALL sins are forgiven and the result is LESS SIN.......you have to live it  to understand it.....

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart

Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But ye have not so learned Christ;

If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Neither give place to the devil.

(Ephesians 4:11-27)

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

Come on, brother, Hebrews was written to believers. And this scripture positively identifies them as such. How? We are  told that these willful sinners WERE sanctified,

Its like this @Gideon,

If im preaching to a room full of Hebrew unbelievers, and after im finished preaching "how to be saved by the blood of Jesus"....they THEN say...."nah, we dont think so, there are many paths to god, not just one".... And i say....LISTEN, if you deny that the Blood of Jesus is how WE ARE SANCTIFIED...... then you are GOING TO GO TO HELL after you die.

So, do you see how that word "WE", is not being understood correctly by many?

Let me give it to you again..

Im preaching to a room full of Worthy members and i say......"We have to start living holy, people, and start SOUL WINNING"...

Well, im not talking about ME, as im already DOING IT....but im talking "corporally", as that is how you PREACH.

Its called being inclusive, yet not necessarily about yourself.

Understand ???

So, when an Apostle says...>"IF WE SAY, we have NO SIN".....then that Apostle is not talking about HIMSELF @Gideon, as that Apostle's SIN is already washed in the blood and paid for by the CROSS.  YET< he says "WE", as that is how you PREACH to unbeliever or teach believers, exactly as that Apostle is doing.

Edited by Behold

10 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

I thought you had to REPENT and Believe, you say I needed not Repent, or was this a Typo?

"repent" in the context of being saved does not mean to stop sinning so that God will then save you.

It means to change your mind..    It means, you NOW believe what you use to REJECT.

You use to not BELIEVE IN CHRIST, but now you have SEEN the LIGHT and you REPENT in your mind of that unbelief ...=  you change from not believing INTO BELIEVING. is to REPENT.

That how you "repent". It means you turn in your MIND from unbelief to BELIEF.  That is FAITH.

Doubt to Faith means you have REPENTED.

Edited by Behold