• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,581
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, LonerAndy said:

..."I have no problem hurting people's feelings."...

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 4/30/2020 at 5:00 AM, LonerAndy said:

I have no problems hurting people's feelings. 

4 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

I never said I did not have remorse when I was unkind.

Oh. I see. Then why are you? 

4 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Don't put words in my mouth. 

There they are posted for your memory. Just a reminder. :) 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Neighbor said:

Huge difference between saying something true and accurate that can hurt someone's feelings, and being unkind.

Heard the story of Pastor Mark Gungor, who had a guy come to him for advice.  The man had flown on a plane, to meet a woman, and have sex with her.   Turns out, not only were they not married together, but she was already married to another man.

Mark told him off.  You are committing adultery, you are being evil, you are engaging in sin, and you need to repent.

You think his feelings were hurt?

Yeah, and they should be.  He was being evil.

Was that unkind?   No, that not unkind at all.  It was dead on right.

If you refuse to confront evil, because you might "hurt their feelings" and that would be (in your world) "unkind", that makes you a bad Christian.

When Jesus was talking to the woman at the well, and told her 'Yeah, you have no husband, because you had five husbands, and the one you are with is not your husband'... you think that might have hurt her feelings?

But it was not "Unkind".   Being a jerk to people, is just being mean and wrong.   I've done it.  I've regretted it.  I've said G-d help me to never do it again.

But being unkind, is not the same as being willing to hurt someone's feelings. Let me give you an example:

You know those singing shows, like American Idol, where the guy gets on national TV, and can't sing a single note in key?  Ever wonder how a person can end up making a complete and total fool of themselves in front of the whole nation?

It's because no one was willing to hurt their feelings.   But far from being kind, they were actually being extremely unkind.  They watch someone on the road to destruction, and did nothing to warn them because "I don't want to hurt their feelings".

Bad people refuse to hurt someone's feelings, when they see them walking a bad path, and don't warn them.

Good people, are not worried about hurting their feelings.  Facts don't care about your feelings.  "Hey, man.  Your singing is terrible.  Don't make a fool of yourself on national TV.  You got a lot of good qualities, but singing isn't one of them.  Find something else to do."

And honestly, that right there, hurting his feelings to warn him of disaster... that is the most kind thing a person can do.

https://youtu.be/qtOesRewO9c

See this lady here?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1085215/Simon-Cowell-humiliated-American-Idol-reject-committed-suicide-says-distraught-family.html

Made a fool of herself, and committed suicide.

Which one, between you and me, would be the unkind person?   Me, would have hurt her feelings, and warned her to not make a fool of herself?  And maybe find a better path for herself?

Or you, would being worried about hurting her feelings, and being "unkind" would have let her go on that show, and eventually commit suicide two years later?

Ezekiel 33:8

• When I say to the wicked, 'You wicked person, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.

So don't say anything, because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  Let me know how that goes for you on judgement day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

• When I say to the wicked, 'You wicked person, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.

The wicked shall surely die... even as Jesus says,  unless they each repent,  truthfully (not for show).

The wicked visit every internet location daily,  and almost no one warns them, ever.  They have little chance of ever repenting anyway, according to all Scripture - (thus: "few" find Jesus)... 

never-the-less,  HOW shall they HEAR,  if no one tells them ?  HOW shall anyone tell them , when it is against all the ecumenical forum's rules on earth ? (every group that is in the false gospel,  wants 'peace, peace',  and wants to talk with demons ( 'they' say it is 'okay' BUT IT IS NOT EVER OKAY ! ) ..   ...

every false gospel bringer,   seduced by the false teachings and tickled ears,  multiplies the sins over and over,  seeking to sin,  planning to sin,  over and over ....

giving heed to demons (listening to demons) ....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Being a jerk to people, is just being mean and wrong.   I've done it.  I've regretted it.  I've said G-d help me to never do it again. 

I see. It does sound good. Not very convincing though. 

On 4/30/2020 at 5:00 AM, LonerAndy said:

I have no problem hurting people's feelings.

Hurting people's feelings ARE unkind. You have still yet to overcome? I've hurt also people's feelings in the past and managed to repent of it. Repenting is more than just regretting. It is a turning away never to return. That's the plan. So let's both keep praying. ;)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

35 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The wicked shall surely die... even as Jesus says,  unless they each repent,  truthfully (not for show).

The wicked visit every internet location daily,  and almost no one warns them, ever.  They have little chance of ever repenting anyway, according to all Scripture - (thus: "few" find Jesus)... 

never-the-less,  HOW shall they HEAR,  if no one tells them ?  HOW shall anyone tell them , when it is against all the ecumenical forum's rules on earth ? (every group that is in the false gospel,  wants 'peace, peace',  and wants to talk with demons ( 'they' say it is 'okay' BUT IT IS NOT EVER OKAY ! ) ..   ...

every false gospel bringer,   seduced by the false teachings and tickled ears,  multiplies the sins over and over,  seeking to sin,  planning to sin,  over and over ....

giving heed to demons (listening to demons) ....

Well I do.  I talk to pagans all the time, and promote Jesus Christ the Lord to them.  Obviously not much here, since most people here are already Christians.  But I also frequent a non-christian forum, and I preach at them routinely, and answer their questions.

I also go to online servers, and preach to the pagans there as well.  Not as much... but when people ask me why I'm a Christian, I explain why.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 4/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, AustinIfeanyi said:

Brethren please I wanna ask, How do you deal with friends/Neighbours with very bad habits and doesn't wanna change, but rather want you to always be around them and get upset when you stay away from them?? Knowing that the bible told us to flee from such people, how do we manage their feelings so they dont feel rejected ?? Please share your experiences. 

Thank you. 

I think that would depend on what they were doing...   what are "bad habits"      are they illegal or just immoral...    Demonic...    pagan worship....    these would need to be dealt with in different ways.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/06/1988

21 minutes ago, other one said:

I think that would depend on what they were doing...   what are "bad habits"      are they illegal or just immoral...    Demonic...    pagan worship....    these would need to be dealt with in different ways.

Just Immoral 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,581
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, LonerAndy said:

Huge difference between saying something true and accurate that can hurt someone's feelings, and being unkind.

Heard the story of Pastor Mark Gungor, who had a guy come to him for advice.  The man had flown on a plane, to meet a woman, and have sex with her.   Turns out, not only were they not married together, but she was already married to another man.

Mark told him off.  You are committing adultery, you are being evil, you are engaging in sin, and you need to repent.

You think his feelings were hurt?

Yeah, and they should be.  He was being evil.

Was that unkind?   No, that not unkind at all.  It was dead on right.

If you refuse to confront evil, because you might "hurt their feelings" and that would be (in your world) "unkind", that makes you a bad Christian.

When Jesus was talking to the woman at the well, and told her 'Yeah, you have no husband, because you had five husbands, and the one you are with is not your husband'... you think that might have hurt her feelings?

But it was not "Unkind".   Being a jerk to people, is just being mean and wrong.   I've done it.  I've regretted it.  I've said G-d help me to never do it again.

But being unkind, is not the same as being willing to hurt someone's feelings. Let me give you an example:

You know those singing shows, like American Idol, where the guy gets on national TV, and can't sing a single note in key?  Ever wonder how a person can end up making a complete and total fool of themselves in front of the whole nation?

It's because no one was willing to hurt their feelings.   But far from being kind, they were actually being extremely unkind.  They watch someone on the road to destruction, and did nothing to warn them because "I don't want to hurt their feelings".

Bad people refuse to hurt someone's feelings, when they see them walking a bad path, and don't warn them.

Good people, are not worried about hurting their feelings.  Facts don't care about your feelings.  "Hey, man.  Your singing is terrible.  Don't make a fool of yourself on national TV.  You got a lot of good qualities, but singing isn't one of them.  Find something else to do."

And honestly, that right there, hurting his feelings to warn him of disaster... that is the most kind thing a person can do.

https://youtu.be/qtOesRewO9c

See this lady here?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1085215/Simon-Cowell-humiliated-American-Idol-reject-committed-suicide-says-distraught-family.html

Made a fool of herself, and committed suicide.

Which one, between you and me, would be the unkind person?   Me, would have hurt her feelings, and warned her to not make a fool of herself?  And maybe find a better path for herself?

Or you, would being worried about hurting her feelings, and being "unkind" would have let her go on that show, and eventually commit suicide two years later?

So don't say anything, because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  Let me know how that goes for you on judgement day.P

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, AustinIfeanyi said:

Just Immoral 

what I did back when I was working was to just let people understand I didn't like or go along with what they were involved in...    and I wasn't going to be a part of it either physically nor did I want to talk or hear about it..    Sooner or later if you tell them they are evil they will stop including you into the fray and you can go find yourself some decent friends...   if they are family preach to them every chance you get about their actions words and attitudes...      they will fix the problem for you.