• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

57 minutes ago, preciouspearl said:

interesting. i pictured a design before you said you saw it... no one ever told me this.

You might be surprised at how far tattoo related technology has advanced.  You can look up "quantum dot technology",  nanotechnology and tattoos, even LED tattoos, electronic ink or "smart" tattoos....all things that can now be embedded in the skin in one way or another and are capable of interacting wirelessly with external equipment like phones and computers.  I don't know what the final form of the "mark" will take is, but there is LOTS of tech that conceivably COULD end up being part of the mark.  I am also convinced the mark will modify the genome of those who take it.  CRISPR-CAS9 is another term to look up....and what that is capable of is simply terrifying.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I would receive a host of vaccinations before we traveled to a new location. Yet the JW's were condemning any who received them: how can a child be condemned when they aren't able to make decisions for themselves? How will children be condemned if they receive a physical mark when they have no choice?

Brother Dusty, I believe that the Lord protected you.  He still had plans for your life that the enemy could not interfere with.  Remember, He had you protect and help Rebecca.  :)  It is the Lord who ordains when a person shall live or die.

Also, with the MOB, people will be given a choice to take it (like so that they won't starve, or get beheaded.)  I believe just like God, the devil wants and needs you to accept it and worship him with our free will.  He likes to counterfeit God ALL the Time.  God gives us the choice to choose Him or not, satan wants the same thing. 

It is all a LEGAL PROCEEDING.  One has to accept and worship.  They can't be forced, they will have to choose.

if the mark was something that could be administered without our permission, satan wouldn't bother with beheading for non-compliance.  He'd just hold you down and mark you.  Something blasphemous is involved and that can only be charged against the receiver spiritually if it's willingly accepted.  Whatever that blasphemous element is, the Bible clearly warns there is no recovery, no second chance....there is no redemption left available to those who take it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

23 minutes ago, Jostler said:

The Greek word translated as "mark" in those passages emphatically refers to a visible tattoo or scarring....carving, gouging.  I have no doubt that whatever else is involved there will be visible evidence on those who take it.

Yes you take physical words to understand the spiritual. You can translate words but if those words are just a vehicle you miss the point completely. You have to Remember John is seeing a vision that’s spiritual. How else is he going to convey spiritual realities except through parabolic and allegorical terminologies. John has to clothe these spiritual realities by these methods to convey his message to carnal minds. This was the same reason why Jesus spoke in Parables.

Look at those children a few years ago that were beheaded for not renouncing the Name of Jesus by ISIS.  They chose Jesus.  May we have that same faith and bravery.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Yes you take physical words to understand the spiritual. You can translate words but if those words are just a vehicle you miss the point completely. You have to Remember John is seeing a vision that’s spiritual. How else is he going to convey spiritual realities except through parabolic and allegorical terminologies. John has to clothe these spiritual realities by these methods to convey his message to carnal minds. This was the same reason why Jesus spoke in Parables.

Jesus spoke in parables so the wicked could not understand.  The Book of Revelation was meant to be read, in fact, it says all who read it will be blessed.  Even a hundred years ago where people didn't even get to go to school much, they understood.  We have the Holy Spirit who leads us into all truth.  We have the mind of Christ.  All we have to do is ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Jesus spoke in parables so the wicked could not understand.  The Book of Revelation was meant to be read, in fact, it says all who read it will be blessed.  Even a hundred years ago where people didn't even get to go to school much, they understood.  We have the Holy Spirit who leads us into all truth.  We have the mind of Christ.  All we have to do is ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and understanding.

In Matthew 13:10-17, in the midst of his parables of the kingdom, Jesus explained something of the purpose of the parables to his disciples. ... This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 
Scriptures talks about behold I lay in Zion a stumbling stone. This stumbling stone is the letter of scripture.

The very thing that brings you in is at the very Same time the very thing that can keep you out. It all depends upon whether you have the eyes to see or the ears to hear.

God has a way to keep the insincere out and keep the sincere in. This was why the Jews rejected Jesus because they interpreted the messiah would come and set up a physical kingdom on earth.

They interpreted the scriptures literally like most people today interpret the book of Revelation. What makes anybody any different than the Jews were back then?

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

Looking back in history since the Lord ascended to sit with our Father on His throne, the nations are red with the blood of the saints, many of whom were beheaded by Roman Catholic and Protestant authorities as recently as two centuries ago. This persecution lives on in some Muslim nations where believers are imprisoned for our faith, and as our brother Coliseum shares from Richard Wurmbrand's testimony behind the Iron Curtain where he was a prisoner for our Lord. Believers were tortured and put to death for their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you brother but beheadings and great tribulations started in earnest immediately following the ascension of our Savior to heaven. If I'm not mistaken all but one of the apostles were executed. 

we're not in disagreement.  The fact the Bible says we'll face a time when refusing the mark will be a death sentence doesn't modify history in any way.  We've lived in a privileged era where faith has been acceptable to the society around us.....a remarkably rare thing in human history.  And it's changing...rapidly.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Looking back in history since the Lord ascended to sit with our Father on His throne, the nations are red with the blood of the saints, many of whom were beheaded by Roman Catholic and Protestant authorities as recently as two centuries ago. This persecution lives on in some Muslim nations where believers are imprisoned for our faith, and as our brother Coliseum shares from Richard Wurmbrand's testimony behind the Iron Curtain where he was a prisoner for our Lord. Believers were tortured and put to death for their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you brother but beheadings and great tribulations started in earnest immediately following the ascension of our Savior to heaven. If I'm not mistaken all but one of the apostles were executed. 

The Bible has to be equally true and applicable to every generation or else every generation that wasn’t the so called generation the book of Revelation would be no good to that generation.

But we know the book of Revelation is applicable because there’s a spiritual type of fulfillment in every generation. Nobody knows when their going to die. When you die that’s the coming of the Lord to you at that moment.

Hebrews 9:27

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 

If I or you were to die today it would be the same moment in eternity that Moses died. We all die in the same moment in eternity. Time is eternity in slow motion.

We have to take all the pieces and parts and unify them all together into one,to help us understand the whole.
Once the pieces and parts come together that’s when we can enter into the realm of eternity through our faith.

Everything in the book of Revelation has been fulfilled in every generation to make it equally applicable to every generation.

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm confident that I'll know the mark of the Beast when I see it.

I am very confident that the mark cannot be taken "by accident".  Everyone who takes it will know exactly what they are choosing to align themselves with.

• Thumbs Up 2