IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

My quote above is complete, not like the one you just replied to.  So, from the above real quote, you really don't see any commit to your examples?  Really?

What I said, and I quoted scripture to prove it, is:

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment  Hebrews 9:27 

We will all be judged according to what is written.  If sins is removed because of repentance, you will not be held accountable as it no longer exists.  Verdict - Innocent!  If you have known sins not repented of, you will have to give an answer for them as we will be judged.  I'll leave the verdict up to Him.

I preach what scripture says.  I'll provide you the very same thing I provided Behold.  Now, I ask you, is Jesus legalistic when He tells the body in the Seven Churches of Revelation that if they don't repent they will have to face the consequences?  Here are the words of Jesus - you decide.

1 John 3.19,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Someone who is truly saved or born of God cannot sin. Only those who are not saved can sin because they are still under the law. 

Romans 6:1-2 

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 7:1-6,

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

We are no longer under the law. Sin is revived Paul says under the law. We are dead to sin through and in Christ that freed us from the law. The Bible is true whether I believe it or not. There’s a confession unto salvation at first. But after your truly saved or born of God our repenting is not because of actual sin because we don’t sin willfully anymore if truly saved.

Repenting now once saved is simple turning from the effects or weaknesses of the effects due as a result of past sin. If we stumble due to the result of past sin, this isn’t actual sin. It’s the stain of sin or iniquity. When we stumble or fall we repent simply by learning and not repeating it again. We do this not by the physical act of saying I did this or that.

Now Lord forgive me of this sin. No this is not actual sin. It’s an effect of past sin. We simply get up when we fall and turn the other direction and not repeat it again. If we were to continue in this weakness we would not go to hell, but this would be a loss that we would suffer in our rewards in heaven or our state of glory would be different. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,607
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

When Yeshua died, He died for my FUTURE sins and failing.. think well on that. Think logic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,030
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

Even though Jesus work is complete, ours is not.  We need to continue to remain in Him through love, which means we need to allow the Holy Spirit to work in our lives, bring us to become more like Jesus every day.  This is a long process, not one that is done in the blink of an eye. 

The above speaks of the doctrine of Sanctification.   Sanctification has nothing to do with how we are saved/born again.   We are justified and have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,030
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

I don't really believe that we sometimes commit a sin without knowing it,

Actually sometimes we can commit a sin without knowing it.   Have you ever hurt someone without knowing you did that?  Have you ever seen a poor person and have walked on by without helping them?    What about the slightest sin of omission?   Something you should have done but it was but a flicker for a brief second across your mind?   Aren't you so very thankful to Jesus that His precious blood and atonement avail for you?

Heb 8:12.  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

Really, the gospel of repenting?  Are you now calling me a Mormon??   Is there no end to your slander?

Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. - Jesus in Revelation 2:16

There is no end to your Grace denying.... Thats true.

Here you are again, trying to prove that Repenting is what keeps a born again Christian saved.

So, this gospel of yours......... "abide and repent".......those are works.   And those deny the Cross.  Deny the "Gift of Salvation".

You continually try to replace the Blood of Jesus, in every post you write to me.

You don not agree that the Blood of Jesus, that saved you, keeps you saved.

No need to deny it.  Just be honest.   Just say.....>"i do not believe that the blood of Jesus keeps me saved........i instead preach that abiding and repenting keeps ME saved".

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, there is a misunderstanding about what I said on your part as you only quoted what you wanted people to see and not the full post so people can see how it is applied.  I am quoting my whole statement below so people can see what is truly being said instead of one statement that is narrated by you according to what you want people to believe.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, OneLight said:

You don't know how good it is to see a reply like this  Thank you.

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.  I do, and I also believe that these need to be repented of and the one repenting needs to humbly ask for forgiveness.  When you repent, you repent of something already done, not of some unknown sin one may or may not commit in the future.

Gods responsibility is seen when He convicts us of our sins through the Holy Spirit.  We do not become puppets when we are saved, we remain humans with a free will.  Is He held responsible if the believer refuses to repent?  No, the believe is.  Look at the lessons of the vine and the olive tree - both state that when someone in Christ does not continue in Him, they will be removed, cast into the fire and burned.  Now, did God fail in His responsibility of convicting a person to the point of repenting?  No, God is not responsible for our decision, we are.  He, through His Spirit, continues to work in the lives of those who are His, never giving up until He decides enough is enough, that the pone in Him no longer belongs in Him.  There is no darkness in God, only in man.

How convenient, ...the post where you said the Cross is not sufficient for all of our sins:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, OneLight said:

I am not sure why you seem to be happy about this as I never said that cross was insufficient. 

Oh yes you did, in your reply to Alive, ...on page 8, ...on 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM OneLight said:

Has now been deleted so that we can't go back and read it!!!!!!!

Talk about not quoting ALL you have said, .......the "incriminating" evidence has disappeared!!!

Here it is for all to see again, quoted from :  page 8, ...on 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM OneLight said:

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Repenting Of Sins is a good thing . It just does not save a person.Faith is what saves.If Repenting Of Sins was the way of Salvation, Judas would be rejoicing as we speak— I can assure you, he is not .Nowhere in the KJV will you see “ repent of your sins to be saved”—— you will see this as the way to be saved—“ Turn to God  with Faith in Jesus Christ”. If one has undergone a “ change of mind” , going from Unbelief in Jesus to a Belief in Jesus, that person has automatically undergone the “ Repentance” That God demands. Simply by Believing in Jesus one is Saved.That is why the  Apostle John did not use the word “Repent” ONE TIME in his Book, yet used the Word “ BELIEVE” dozens of times.He knew  repentance was built into Believing... “ BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be Saved”......

I agree with what yo are saying.  If you remember, I stand against works salvation, meaning the cross cannot be added to.  But, we are not talking about what it takes to be saved, but what does repent mean, and if you don't repent, what happens next.  Let's not combine the two as this is where conflicts arise when there is a misunderstanding or attempt to twist what someone is saying by inserting personal assumptions in another persons statement, making it say what was never said.

Now, about what God had in mind about repentance.  Honestly, is that the only time God required repentance?  Is Jesus God?  Did Jesus require repentance from those who are his when they were found to of turned from God in Revelations 2 and 3?  I see that you addressed this question in a different post, so I won't expect you to answer here, but the question needed to be asked for the readers sake.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

This side of the Cross , in The Age Of Grace, the Obedience that Saves is the Obedience to Paul’s Gospel,One Obeys the Gospel by RESTING in it.....God not only says that if you do not Rest in the Gospel you are “ Disobedient” , He goes on to say that you are also guilty of UNBELIEF. I would suggest people who care about Obedience—- get your priorities straight . Obey by Resting......or all the other obedience you practiced may turn out to be a waste of time— UNBELIEF really angers God!  

Did disobedience and sin change from the OT to the NT?  I disagree where you limit obedience to just Paul's Gospel.  Even Paul disagrees to that statement - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  We are to be obedient to all scripture.  Yes, have one's priorities straight is very important.  Obey does not mean rest, it means what it says, to obey.  Jesus told believeers who walked away from the truth to repent.  Would you answer Him by saying "Nope!  I'm resting in your finished work.  You repent for me."

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Did disobedience and sin change from the OT to the NT?  

Yes, have one's priorities straight is very important.  Obey does not mean rest, it means what it says, to obey.  

Adam's Disobedience was resolved by the finished work of the 2nd Adam, =  Jesus on the Cross.

IN the OT, there was no Cross, and there was no one time sacrifice that obtained eternal redemption for all who "Believe" and are Born again.

What God  NOW requires of us is to obey is the Gospel by Believing it.   

The Gospel is that we are saved and kept saved by the finished work of Jesus, who bled, died, and then rose again from the dead to prove that He and He alone is our redemption......... and not ourselves.

You are preaching that your works save you.  They do not.  They do not save you or keep you saved.

Your gospel is...>"repent and abide to STAY saved"....and that is not the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Let's face it. "Everything I say is right, and everything I believe is true, and if you don't agree with me, you are wrong." There is a measure we all embrace this false, unspoken notion. But almost the entire chapter of Romans 14 dispels that idea. Paul again speaks about it in 1 Cor 8. Judging with condemnation about non-essentials. Is it Saturday or Sunday? Meat or no meat every Friday? Tattoos: heaven, or Hell? Suits and ties, or shorts and shirts in church"? And the list goes on. On matters unacceptable to some are not for others, and visa versa. On such matters, we stand before God, not men. Personally, I adopt what Paul said, paraphrasing: "I don't care what you believe about me. I don't even care what I believe about myself. It is the Lord who judges me." That's the mindset. That's the ticket. Be there for your brothers and sisters regardless of what they say and demonstrate tolerance when they don't concern the major tenets of the faith. Tolerance must start...with me. If i want fellowship, I go and get fellowship; if love, then love; if prayer, then prayer; if encouragement, then encouragement. Where there are two people apart, one must go to the other first and shake their hand. Don't wait for them; one pursues peace---the other waits for it. Be the one who pursues it. Psalm 34:14. ❤️

• Thumbs Up 2