• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Again this person was only accused of a crime at the time this took place.  I use to think that cops only went after the "bad guys" as well. Until reality slap me in the face one day and that delusion I had was put to rest.(well that is a personal story for another time) :o  

Anyway. There is no getting around the fact that George was handcuffed. Even if.....and it is an IF.... He fought with the cops before being handcuffed. Once they got him handcuffed that would have been the end of that. What I find so very questionable  is the reports that the cops had him in the back of the police car then pulled him out of the police car.  If this man had been fighting the cops, at the point they got him handcuffed and into the back of a police car; that should have been the end of it. So why did they pull him back out of the police car? I have never known police to do that once they got someone in the back of the police car. Hmmmm? Well I am going to start going on a rant here so I better stop.  

yes, i just seen the video of them putting him in handcuff, he was not resisting the cops at all at that point. He was quite cooperative at that point actually. i mean obviously i don't what happened in the police car, but the question for me is why would he turn violent all of the sudden?

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am still concerned how the word "police" is being used, as if all police act the same way.  They do not.  What needs to happen is the police departments need to filter out the bad officers and build on the good officers.

What I also am concerned about is how blanket statements are thrown around.  It's far easier to just throw out these statements instead of specific facts, but the blanket statements have already done their damage in the minds of many.  Slogans are created and chanted, burning the words into the peoples minds and thoughts.  Take the most famous slogan: "Pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon.".  No wonder there is so much hate.

What is lacking is individual accountability. 

i agree, i think you can't throw "all" cops into one category.

i am sure there are many good cops as well.

but i think it is also important to look at the overall culture of policing as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Equippers said:

i agree, i think you can't throw "all" cops into one category.

i am sure there are many good cops as well.

but i think it is also important to look at the overall culture of policing as well.

Keep in mind that who is allowed to become a police officer is just one factor that needs to be addressed.  There are other factors also, like the fear the police encounter each time they are called to go into certain parts of a city where violence is known to be rampant.  These neighborhoods need to change as well so people don't fear to go there, and they themselves can live a more peaceful life.  Gangs are the number one reason there is so much violence, drugs, and theft, just to name three.  When I was a child, the most dangerous groups were the motorcycle gangs, but no any more.  These street gangs outnumber the motorcycle gangs in numbers and crimes. 

For over 50 years social experiments have been the norm when trying to defuse areas where being a member of a gang life is the way of life.  We learned fast enough that some join for their own protection, quick money and the feeling of power.  I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but these seem to be the major three.  There are more than 1 million youths in the US that belong to these gangs, youth of all race and nationality. 

Then you add to the youth problems normal every day issues the police have to deal with from traffic violations to domestic fights to white collar crimes, etc..   That is a lot to ask and they are just as human as we are.  In the US there are over 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies with somewhere between 750,000 and 850,000 sworn officers.

Now, add to the above the movement to "change" the US from within, replacing what we have with "a better way", which "the better way" is unknown to all who speak those words.  Look at the most recent violence in the major cities in the past couple of weeks.  This violence is riding on the back of George Floyd's death, which is a crime in itself to me.  Antefia and BLM, and I'm sure there are more organizations beside these two, are fueling the hate, the racism, the violence and enraging their groups to a fever that does nothing besides evil. 

Seems to me that the vast majority of us, including myself, sit back, watch the news, do more research and voice our opinions online, which is about all we can do.  What I have come to realize is that those who cry racism the loudest are themselves being racist.  They are the ones who came up with white privilege, as just one example.  I wonder if any person who is complaining in the US ever gave any thought about how many in the world live in comparison to how they live.  IF there is any "privilege" to be mentioned, it is "US privilege" compared to the world.

Time for me to give this a rest, as yo can tell.  Sorry for the rant, but it's getting too far out of hand, which I have always known it would as the time of Jesus return draws nearer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, Melinda12 said:

Yes a great wrong has been committed. No question. 

However- he was a giant. 6ft 6 inch tall. Criminal history. 46 years old so at the very peak of strength. 

Worth thinking about anyone faced with a man of that size and weight with seconds to decide action. Police face severe injury and death anytime. 

Nobody should die as he did of course. But context is an essential element. Yes there is a lot of injustice and such wrongs but - this man had once held a gun to a pregnant woman, done time in prison. 

Let's have all aspects out in the light of examination. Not paint a onesided picture. That too is dangerous. 

Without doubt, society has become a powder keg just waiting for something to set it off.

Much of it has to do with the opposers to Trump who are threatened most by his aggressive

attempt to give America back to its citizens. The powers that be are obviously very deeply entrenched...

they spent centuries getting there and they are not about to give up without a fight.

I am referring to globalists (whose origin goes at least as far back as the Napoleonic Battle

of Waterloo).

They care nothing about people... nations... health... even civilization itself. All they want is control. 

With the recent events of anarchists whipping people up into destructive (and eventually murderous) frenzies

we are seeing just a glimpse of what will come when the globalists gain absolute power and the time to thin  the herd of

humanity comes.

People will eliminate the problem of the globalist's definition of over population. A few hundred million people total... just

enough to keep them in the life style of avarice.

Those who are not in this extremely elite group will be indentured slaves  (and mighty happy to have it). Those who don't

have it would kill to get it. Mistreatment? Abuse? Sexual abuse? What difference does that make to the slaves mankind will

become in order just to survive.

Right now, they are throwing everything they can at Trump to stop him.

But they have much more in their arsenal to throw at him, America, and the world [when] this fails like all the previous attempts.

Globalists puppets like George Bush and Mitt Romney et. al. will come out of the wood work to accuse  and smear Trump. 

I suppose war is next...

George Floyd may only have been human like the rest of us...

we all have regrets and have said or done stupid stupid things...

but the man was in custody under arrest and from all appearances in full submission to the arresting officers.

People who hold offices of PUBLIC TRUST that defile that trust are worse than ctiminals

(listen up soldiers, judges, dare I even say politicians???)

BUT!!!

To oppose police,

burn and loot,

throw bricks or worse,

to beat police or small business owners...

has only one goal:

Total, Absolute, Utter CHAOS and ANARCHY

and I for one did not willingly offer to lay down my life in the military

to give these terrorists the right to destroy the very nation and people

I would have given my very life to defend!!!

I did it for American and our rights.

I did it for PEACEFUL protests.

NOT for terrorism!!!

An what has been happening is terrorism just like it is everywhere else in the world.

And these thugs do not realize (or care if they do) that they are doing the

globalists' bidding. And the globalists will not hesitate to slaughter each and everyone

of those foolish people doing their bidding.

George Floyd did not deserve to die.

Those who by negligence or by intent caused his death should be prosecuted to the fullest

extent of the law.

And law enforcement the world over suffers when a few rogue cops do this.

If it is not impressed upon them already in their training... as those who hold the office of

public trust... it is all the more critical that they are not negligent, criminal, or derelict in their duties.

When lost, that public trust will be almost impossible to regain.

Look at the example in the ghettos of America. That trust there has been gone for decades. 

I pray that they do not experience how much worse it will be (especially for them in the ghetto) if the 

Police Departments are defunded.

We all have 20 / 20 hindsight. 

I pray it never comes to this!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

With all that took place the question is , are there going to be an even bigger divide as those who saw the riots of thugs and murderers in full swing and without care for the rights and properties of others.  I bet there are many on their couches watching all this and have plans to arm themselves further and also more self protection as they see this as the diminishing of lawful protection for their families.

Racism cannot only be seen by the outward reaction of man, but the inner thoughts held captive in the heart that in most cases is not reflected outwardly.  I think it not only is seen by men on opposing sides regardless of color, but culture has a huge part to play .  Behavior in many societies is a result of culture to communities and people of association.  Until the laws of a nation as a whole by all is respected and upheld by the lawmakers, then this situation will always continue.  

Most of all the heart of man has to change to see that the man next to him is his brother and his sister.  That change ONLY takes place when he is born again and the heart is transformed from old to new and the light of the one that initiate that change , the God of all creation is seen  as the truth of our existence.  That person in the name of Jesus Christ is hailed as the heart changer and praised forevermore.    

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

These neighborhoods need to change as well so people don't fear to go there, and they themselves can live a more peaceful life.  Gangs are the number one reason there is so much violence, drugs, and theft, just to name three.  When I was a child, the most dangerous groups were the motorcycle gangs, but no any more.  These street gangs outnumber the motorcycle gangs in numbers and crimes. 

For over 50 years social experiments have been the norm when trying to defuse areas where being a member of a gang life is the way of life.  We learned fast enough that some join for their own protection, quick money and the feeling of power.  I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but these seem to be the major three.  There are more than 1 million youths in the US that belong to these gangs, youth of all race and nationality. 

i think this point is very valid, but the problem it is much harder to transform those neighborhoods than deal with police culture. As such we can only approach the problem from the easy to solve side first.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Equippers said:

i think this point is very valid, but the problem it is much harder to transform those neighborhoods than deal with police culture. As such we can only approach the problem from the easy to solve side first.

You can correct the police all you want, but unless you deal with the root issues where needed in the neighborhoods, the violence will continue and all the good cops in the world will not solve the problem.  People need to change, and the only change that lasts is through Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2