LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

It all seems so pointless. No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything.   So why do I bother going through the trouble of searching facts and data to show to someone who just posted nonsense when in the end. They just carry on with their same nonsense? And all I did was waste my time. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It all seems so pointless. No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything.   So why do I bother going through the trouble of searching facts and data to show to someone who just posted nonsense when in the end. They just carry on with their same nonsense? And all I did was waste my time. 

Then it would be best, for you and your time, to let it go.
Perhaps simply praying for said person to see the light you have.
That would be cool........

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Because as a child of God you are called to carry out the great commission.  Don't look for or expect immediate results, plant a seed, or maybe you are the one watering it, but whatever you do, don't lose hope and understand that it is not your job to convince anyone of anything, leave that to the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 6:9  And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything. 

I know how you feel. I'll even say it's true of many here. But it's not true of me, I always examine my thoughts and values with an eye open to modify them when necessary.

But there's no shortage of bull headed people here. I'm sure you realize our membership changes often. Most of the posts today are being made by people who weren't here 2 yrs ago. I don't like this, but it's a fact.

The Internet is still something very new. The problem with the Internet is people can remain anonymous and therefore be rude, angry, and downright hostile. I bet most of the obnoxious people online are not like that in person. So I predict that within the next 25 yrs there will be places online where the folks are not anonymous, by choice. I probably won't be here to see it but many of you will. I believe this will happen because the Internet has become a genuine part of living. For people like me, a disabled senior citizen, going online is often the only socializing I do. I would welcome a place where I knew who was there. I read so many posts here that I think must be written by kids. I love kids, but I need to know when I'm talking to one. The Internet will change, it's inevitable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything.  

You haven't talked to me ... I know I'm wrong about lots of things. I don't have all the right answers, and if you show me credible, proven facts I tend to believe them. 

LadyKay, don't be discouraged. Think of Jeremiah, he ministered his whole life without one convert. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Lady Kay,

I have a suggestion for you to try before making your final decision to abandon this site.  Start a new thread that expresses your burning questions which have not been answered here to your satisfaction.  Then in your OP make clear t he type of  answers you don't want and ask for new insights for your reflection.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Statement of fact ... most posters are here to teach ... not to learn.

• Well Said! 1

Guest theElect777
17 minutes ago, canada said:

Statement of fact ... most posters are here to teach ... not to learn.

What qualifies them to teach?   Isn't there enough False Doctrine already to then add those "not called" for the ministry but yet seem to think they have the inside track to the absolute truth?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

6 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Because as a child of God you are called to carry out the great commission.  Don't look for or expect immediate results, plant a seed, or maybe you are the one watering it, but whatever you do, don't lose hope and understand that it is not your job to convince anyone of anything, leave that to the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 6:9  And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

That OP's opinion cud b anybody's claim here including us. If we are humble enough to admit.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

“(Thomas) More and (William) Tyndale deserve each other, these mules that pose as men.” (Thomas Cromwell, Wolf Hall, PBS Masterpiece Theater) 

“When we are in heaven, which I hope we both are, all our differences will be forgot, but until then we can not wish them away..” (Thomas More, Wolf Hall, PBS Masterpiece Theater) 

Sometimes we as people lock horns (like rams or deer) and battle to the point that we seem unable to change or not willing to consider another point of view. But actually this locking of horns can lead to us learning from each other. 

• Thumbs Up 3