• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Roar said:

Samuele Bacchiocchi', "A Historical Investigation of the Rise of Sunday Observation In Early Christianity."

Oh yes, that well known seventh day Adventist. Lots of refutations of his work around. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am not upset at anything but I have no idea what ur calendar meant... still don’t... what is ur point in that?

so u r saying man CAN change God’s times ... give Scripture for this ... this is definitely “little horn” thinking ? 

what is ur purpose for the history lesson of Pharisees, Jason and Antiochus? they have nothing to do with the Sabbath... 

have u even read the information in the past 5 pages of this topic that provided verses and support 4 keeping the Sabbath?

2b candid it is difficult to take you seriously... u r asked to answer why u send something and xplain ur response and u say  the moment has passed.. ?

u seem 2 short circuit... and leave the road when asked to give ur answer to 1 of ur own responses.. 

also... noticed there seems 2 b a joining of the hip between u and marathoner ????? 

i bet u and him r 1 and the same... 

go back thru the past 5 pages of this topic and u will see the verses that r in the Scriptures... good luck 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

1 minute ago, leah777 said:

Ah, but we don't know when the biblical Saturday or Sunday are, do we,..........

We do not. Compound this with the following:

The English alphabet is a Latin alphabet composed of 26 letters. :blink:
The numbers we use, represented by powers of ten (decimal), are Arabic-Indian in origin. :wacko:
Pi is signified by a letter of the Greek alphabet:30:
Certain apostles wrote their letters (epistles) in Koine Greek, a form of Greek common throughout the Hellenistic period: the Roman empire and the later Byzantine empire.  :(
We know about the names of these days of the week, don't we? :43:

Conclusion: the world is adulterated. :emot-fail:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

marathoner, I mean Michael 37, r u serious?

there u go again... off the road and into the ? cornfield.  u should lose ur license... 

there is no reason to continue ... 

Oh and by the way, I can assure u that we can know the days of the week - either learn from the Jews who kept unbelievable records as Roar mentioned, and don’t u understand that Jesus was crucified on Passover, rested on the Sabbath, rose on First Fruits... do u think He knew what day it was?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

34 minutes ago, RevReveal said:

marathoner, I mean Michael 37, r u serious?

there u go again... off the road and into the ? cornfield.  u should lose ur license... 

there is no reason to continue ... 

Personal attacks and false accusations are not tolerated on WFC, as you will find out, RevReveal.

• Thumbs Up 1

No personal attacks... at all!

asked 4 u to answer your own earlier responses and u came back with .... ????

I asked u what is the reason for Janus, Antiochus and the Pharisees have to do with the Sabbath... no answer ... 2 me, this did not seem to be at all relevant to this topic..... 

regarding what seems to be a timing issue between you and marathoner during this topic is something that seemed too coincidental... there was an immediate thumbs up or other react just when u responded or reacted... that’s all!

in fact, the only personal attacks may have come  from Leah777 - in my opinion, but she can respond as she wishes... 

1 hour ago, Roar said:

I suggest some of you consult the strict Jewish for the dates as they keep very precise records of dates. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

As you may know, Roar, some religious people were affected when the datelines were changed:

Date lines according to religious principles[edit]

Christianity[edit]

Generally, the Christian calendar and Christian churches recognize the IDL. Christmas for example, is celebrated on 25 December (according to either the Gregorian or the Julian calendar, depending upon which of the two is used by the particular church) as that date falls in countries located on either side of the Date Line. Thus, whether it is Western Christmas or Orthodox Christmas, Christians in Samoa, immediately west of the Date Line, will celebrate the holiday a day before Christians in American Samoa, which is immediately east of the Date Line.

A problem with the general rule above arises in certain Christian churches that solemnly observe a Sabbath day as a particular day of the week, when those churches are located in countries near the Date Line. Notwithstanding the difference in dates, the same sunrise happened over American Samoa as happens over Samoa a few minutes later, and the same sunset happens over Samoa as happened over American Samoa a few minutes earlier. In other words, the secular days are legally different but they are physically the same; and that causes questions to arise under religious law.

Because the Date Line was an arbitrary imposition, the question can arise as to which Saturday on either side of the Date Line (or, more fundamentally, on either side of 180 degrees longitude) is the "real" Saturday. This issue (which also arises in Judaism) is a particular problem for Seventh Day Adventists, Seventh Day Baptists, and similar churches located in countries near the Date Line.

In Tonga, Seventh Day Adventists (who usually observe Saturday, the seventh-day Sabbath) observe Sunday due to their understanding of the International Date Line, as Tonga lies east of the 180° meridian. Sunday as observed in Tonga (West of the Date Line, as with Kiribati, Samoa, and parts of Fiji and Tuvalu) is considered by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to be the same day as Saturday observed East of the Date line.[25][26]

Most Seventh Day Adventists in Samoa planned to observe Sabbath on Sunday after Samoa's crossing the date line in December 2011, but SDA groups in Samatau village and other places (approx. 300 members) decided to accept the IDL adjustment and observe the Sabbath on Saturday.[27] Debate continues within the Seventh-day Adventist community in the Pacific as to which day is really the seventh-day Sabbath.

The Samoan Independent Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is not affiliated to the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church, has decided to continue worshiping on Saturday, after a six-day week at the end of 2011. [Wkpd: International Date Line & Christianity]

17 minutes ago, Roar said:

:24:

Then why do they go on constantly?

Human nature...there have been purges in my time...but not before ample warnings.

8 minutes ago, Roar said:

Still you know and I know it goes on constantly on this forum! :amen:

Easily solved on a personal level, Roar, and not a wall I butt my head against but something I build a bridge for and get over.