• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Alive said:

To me this is a very simple thing and the truth of it has almost, but not quite, gotten lost in a great many posts--posts that are like ships passing in the night.

All agree we as humans made in God's image are 'composed' (good word is that one) of three distinct parts. The point of contention is whether or not any of the three can be divided asunder (deconstructed) and still remain the 'being' that God created.

Apart from the theoretical nature of the question as you have defined it, the spiritual answer would be that in Christ we are a new creature. The old has passed away. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.37
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, etymology said:

Apart from the theoretical nature of the question as you have defined it, the spiritual answer would be that in Christ we are a new creature. The old has passed away. 

Yes we are! Praise the Lord. But that doesn't change the make-up--but it sure does change the nature of that being! As well as the inevitable and final (if you will) result of that change.

Maranatha!

I repose in the scriptural illustration of the blueberry muffin.

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

I repose in the scriptural illustration of the blueberry muffin.

Blueberry muffins demand attention because they are set to be devoured by hungry children. So at least a little respect before hand is the least one ought to give. Dare I ask what is the Scriptural illustration of the blueberry muffin? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, etymology said:

Blueberry muffins demand attention because they are set to be devoured by hungry children. So at least a little respect before hand is the least one ought to give. Dare I ask what is the Scriptural illustration of the blueberry muffin? 

I mentioned it way back in the thread. What part of the BBM can be removed and the BBM remain a BBM? It is notso commonly believed that the same is true of the chocolate chip cookie.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

I mentioned it way back in the thread. What part of the BBM can be removed and the BBM remain a BBM? It is notso commonly believed that the same is true of the chocolate chip cookie.

:-)

O I don't know! I can think of a few wild women who would kill you if you gave them a chocolate chip cookie with no chocolate. On the other hand I know a gaggle of children who would be dismayed if you gave them a blueberry muffin with no blueberries. I am one of them. :D

2 minutes ago, etymology said:

O I don't know! I can think of a few wild women who would kill you if you gave them a chocolate chip cookie with no chocolate. On the other hand I know a gaggle of children who would be dismayed if you gave them a blueberry muffin with no blueberries. I am one of them. :D

I can see that you have grokked the illustration. Congratulations. You get to move up one level.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.45
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Alive said:

To me this is a very simple thing and the truth of it has almost, but not quite, gotten lost in a great many posts--posts that are like ships passing in the night.

All agree we as humans made in God's image are 'composed' (good word is that one) of three distinct parts. The point of contention is whether or not any of the three can be divided asunder (deconstructed) and still remain the 'being' that God created.

We have this treasure in earthen vessels.  We can (and do, at death) leave the earthen vessel, but we remain fully human, with our soul/spirit; and we will be reunited with our vessel (much improved), at the resurrection

11 minutes ago, David1701 said:

We have this treasure in earthen vessels.  We can (and do, at death) leave the earthen vessel, but we remain fully human, with our soul/spirit; and we will be reunited with our vessel (much improved), at the resurrection

I understand why you say this, but can you show me scripture that states this? Or a set of scriptures? Please give pause for a moment and consider that 'time and space' for us in this realm is not the same as in the 'heavenly' realm and the relative perspective that we have and God's is not the same.

Edited by Alive
typo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.45
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

I understand why you say this, but can you show me scripture that states this? Or a set of scriptures? Please give pause for a moment and consider that 'time and space' for us in this realm is not the same as in the 'heavenly' realm and the relative perspective that we have and God's is not the same.

1) We have this treasure in earthen vessels.

2 Cor. 4:7 (KJV) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 

2) We can (and do, at death) leave the earthen vessel, but we remain fully human, with our soul/spirit.

Ecc. 12:6,7 (KJV)

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. 

John 19:30 (VW) So when Jesus had received the vinegar, He said, It has been finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

2 Cor. 5:6-8 (VW)

6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 We are confident, yes, preferring rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

3) We will be reunited with our vessel (much improved), at the resurrection.

Acts 2:30,31 (VW)

30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne;
31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Rom. 6:5 (VW) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in resurrection,

Several of the these Scriptures have been given previously; but there are a couple of posters who do not want to believe some of them.