• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Then like 2 weeks ago I went through a lot of stress and stuff and unwilful sin (bad blasphemous thoughts triggered by fear of unpardonable sin) I complained in my head a lot and even blamed God and got angry at him I think. I was like this for days.

I have to completely echo what's been said about feelings and the heart being deceitful, but to address this part specifically, in Galatians 5:17 it tells us that our flesh and spirit are at war with each other. A lot of Christians experience this same thing at some point in their lives to whatever degree, and it can hit those with OCD and similar issues especially hard. Just hold on to your walk with God and do what you know is right. I think if we constantly felt God's presence here in our earthly lives we'd be a bit like Thomas, who believed in the resurrection after he'd seen Jesus in the flesh. In times when God seems distant we have the opportunity to show our faith by doing His will in spite of our feelings telling us we've made Him mad and he doesn't want anything to do with us anymore.

II Corinthians 10:5 might be worth taking to heart as well. "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

These sort of thoughts, in my opinion, very much do fall under that heading because they're attacks from the enemy intended to make people lose hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

22 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi

I’ve been a Christian for over 7 months and the whole time I’ve had very strong emotions/ feeling of love and affection for God. 

THAT IS NOT TOO LONG..

Then like 2 weeks ago I went through a lot of stress and stuff and unwilful sin (bad blasphemous thoughts triggered by fear of unpardonable sin) I complained in my head a lot and even blamed God and got angry at him I think. I was like this for days.

GOD UNDERSTANDS

For over a week and maybe two, icr, I kept on complaining and thinking blaming thoughts about God and him not helping me and stuff ?

HE PREFERS YOU DO NOT COMPLAIN. ACCEPT IT AS A GIFT FROM GOD AND SEE IF THAT CHANGES YOUR OUTLOOK.

I struggled with my relationship with God the whole time as a Christian. I’m not close to him and don’t really have a relationship with Jesus at all ?

FEELING ARE NOT WHAT MAKE YOU ANYTHING. JUST BE FAITHFUL AND SAY VERY OFTEN THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM (REGARDLESS OF YOUR ACTUAL FEELINGS)

I feel like we don’t have long left here and it makes me worry for my family who need saved and ..

NOSNSENSE FROM THE DARK SIDE.

It makes me feel scared condemned forced and pressured to pray to him all the time otherwise idk if I’ll ‘I’ll make it’

IT IS GOOD TO HAVE A HEALTHY FEELING OF AWE WHEN YOU THINK OF GOD.

I’m scared of God and he scares me.

"THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM"

It’s hard to pray when I don’t really feel anything (emotion towards him )

DO NOT 'FEEL', JUST ACT IN OBEDIENCE AND PRAISE HIM. PLAY GOOD CHRISTIAN MUSIC LIKE '10000 REASONS'.

I also read that if you don’t love God you don’t get to be with him and that puts me under more pressure.

LOVE OF GOD IS DOING HIS COMMANDMENTS AND BEING FAITHFUL TO YOUR BELIEF IN HIM AS YOUR SAVIOUR. IT IS NOT ABOUT FEELINGS. FEELINGS CAN MISLEAD YOU.

I asked God for my feeling and emotion back the feelings of strong love for him. 

HE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN.

I care about the emotions I had (affection and adoration) 

CARE LESS ABOUT EMOTIONS AND FEELING - CARE MORE ABOUT WHO GOD IS AND HIS GOODNESS.

Because I don’t feel them they get replaced with other emotions like anger fear numb ....

IT IS OK TO BE ANGRY. TRY NOT TO SIN WHEN ANGRY. GOD UNDERSTANDS YOU VERY WELL.

I also found out God the father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit have different personalities. I get confused on who to pray to or focus on more. 

IT MATTERS NOT - THEY ARE COMPLETELY AT ONE WITH EACH OTHER.

i struggled to feel affection for Jesus before but felt it for God the father and it concerned me.

AS I SAID, DO NOT BASE YOUR LIFE ON MERE FEELINGS. THEY ARE A VAPOR AND DRIFT WITH THE WIND.

I feel distant and God almost feels like a stranger now ?

HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORESAKE YOU. HE WILL CARRY YOU THRU ALL YOU FACE. JUST TRUST WHEN YOU DO NOT 'FEEL' LIKE TRUSTING AND CARRY ON.

I feel like we don’t have much time left and I feel like my relationship with God isn’t the best ?

CENTER THOUGHTS AND MUSIC ON HIM AND HIS GOODNESS. FORGET ABOUT YOURSELF. YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS AND 'HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORESAKE YOU.'

BE BLESSED.

thanks for reading ?

Hi there. I replied to your points in CAPITAL LETTERS. 

Be blessed.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi

I’ve been a Christian for over 7 months and the whole time I’ve had very strong emotions/ feeling of love and affection for God. 

For over a week and maybe two, icr, I kept on complaining and thinking blaming thoughts about God and him not helping me and stuff ?

I struggled with my relationship with God the whole time as a Christian. I’m not close to him and don’t really have a relationship with Jesus at all ?

I feel like we don’t have long left here and it makes me worry for my family who need saved and ..

It makes me feel scared condemned forced and pressured to pray to him all the time otherwise idk if I’ll ‘I’ll make it’

I also read that if you don’t love God you don’t get to be with him and that puts me under more pressure.

I asked God for my feeling and emotion back the feelings of strong love for him. 

Because I don’t feel them they get replaced with other emotions like anger fear numb ....

I also found out God the father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit have different personalities. I get confused on who to pray to or focus on more. 

i struggled to feel affection for Jesus before but felt it for God the father and it concerned me.

I feel like we don’t have much time left and I feel like my relationship with God isn’t the best ?

thanks for reading ?

Christianity is not a 100 yard dash. It is not even a marathon... 

it is a livelihood... a lifetime thing.

I recall the mountaintop spiritual experiences and

I recall the way I felt when the experiences slid down

into the valleys in between...

God is with you every step of the way.

Our feelings are not good indicators of how we are doing

or that anything has changed.

You as a believe in the genuine Jesus are an adopted

child of God. ← God takes that most seriously. God

is not letting go of you or anyone of His children.

Just remember... all the biblical events we have as a record

of the lives lived for God were ONLY portions of those

individual's lives.

Jesus Christ the Lord live 30 years in biblical silence before the

last 3.5 years of his life / ministry.

You can't be on the peak of the mountain every moment of your spiritual walk.

The closest I have ever been to creating an environment for this spiritual high

is fasting and prayer. And even then it was the Holy Spirit who decided when that

interaction led to a personal experience

when I felt his presence so strongly I had

to say... "It's too much, Lord..."

for I was overwhelmed in ways I cannot explain

all joy and peace but almost too intense to

withstand somehow.

I've never felt this again... nor have I ever sought to

It's a knowing in my heart that when we are perfected and in his

direct presence... it will be even more intense and we will be able to withstand it

and even thrive on this uber spirituality / peace / joy / fulfillment.

Just remember this life is the most hell a believer will ever know and it is the most heaven unbelievers will ever know.

Until we are with God, it will be a roller coaster ride.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

The fact that you are worried about your relationship with God is an excellent sign to me that everything will be okay. 

I have unfortunately met and conversed with people who do not Love God, and not only are they happy to not love God they also want to teach others not to love God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On 12/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, Caitlin _ said:

Hi

thanks for reading ?

I been through what you are going through. It was tuff for me also. Faith is often time tested and only the truly determined will stay the course. Don't be discouraged. Jesus said In this world there will be tribulation but be of good cheer I have over come the world. If you don't already know there is nothing to go back to

Peter said "where shall we go, only you have the words of life"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Never blame or accuse God for the work of satan!  That may be the reason you are losing feelings.   I also agree that feelings are based on the fact of what God has done for you.  

FACT:  You know He still loves you because He sent Jesus to die in your place.

FACT:  He will never leave you or forsake you.

Heb 13:5 b:  AMP.  for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Jos 1:5]

Heb 13:6  So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me? [Psa 27:1; Psa 118:6]

I don't think it matters much Who you pray to in the Trinity.  They are all ONE and are all our God.  Often I pray to my Lord, which to me is all inclusive.  

1Jn 4:15 ESV Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.  1Jn 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

To abide means to live in.  God lives in you and you live in God!  

Rom 8:31 NKJV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32  He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?

Rom 8:33  Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

Rom 8:34  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.   (JESUS IS PRAYING FOR YOU!)

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Rom 8:37  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Rom 8:38  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, Rom 8:39  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God answers prayers with yes, no, or wait.    All of these are in His timing.  If He says no it is for your good because He has something better for you.  Wait is the hardest because sometimes it means waiting for years.  I prayed for 4 years for my husband to be saved, and the more I asked God to change him, the more He changed me!  God uses adverse circumstance to make us stronger and to establish our faith in Him.  They also keep us close to Him.  

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!  Php 4:5  Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Php 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Php 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Blessings, friend, I am praying for you as well.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 12/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

Hi Caitlin, and how are you by now after reading the different posts ? 

Hope that this helps, I remember when Jesus said: If you continue! in my word, then are ye my disciple.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Love, Walter

Hi Walter, 

I felt better after reading them : ) 

I’m just worried of Matthew 7:21-23

I also saw a website that if you don’t have all these feeling and emotions and stuff for Jesus and treasure him above all else then you’re not worthy of salvation and forgiveness. And that he only welcomes those who love him.

I struggle to feel emotion and affection and idk what to do : ( 

it’s hard to pray to God because of ocd.

I don’t want to loose him and I feel like we barley have any time left ...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, Caitlin _ said:

I also saw a website that if you don’t have all these feeling and emotions and stuff for Jesus and treasure him above all else then you’re not worthy of salvation and forgiveness. And that he only welcomes those who love him.

A mixed and typical web message. Ignore the web most of the time. Rather, study scripture and see what God really says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lflPOfjkc7k

Watch that and feel better. Dr. Michael Heiser is a well known and respected evangelical scholar that tells it like it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi Caitlin, have you just tried to just talk to God?

That's what He wants the most from us, to have and build a loving relationship with Him ,like a loving parent does with His child.

He called, you, drew you to Him, that is because He loves you and is opening the way , He is letting you know that He really does want to be Your Father so He can take care of you, give you good counsel and direct your path.

But God is never pushy, His Holy Spirit is very gentile, while He convicts our spirits and can bring to our attention that we have gone the wrong way or are going the wrong way, HE always does it in a way that you will understand.  He does so in a very personal way just meant for you and your relationship with Him alone. Its always between the two of you.

Christ Jesus (God incarnate) while on earth ministered to His disciples who also were still learning, making mistakes but nevertheless continued their relationship with Christ even after Christ went back to heaven where He LIVES Eternally, while at the same time His Holy Spirit is available to each and everyone of us who allows Him to come make a home in our hearts..

Christ Jesus is the door to enter into His eternal kingdom. There is no other door but Christ Jesus.

John 14:6“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

God, Christ Jesus. the Holy Spirit of God are One but each has a unique function.

God resides in heaven

Christ Jesus God incarnate came down from heaven to earth to offer Himself as the sacrificial lamb for the sins of mankind and break satans curse over mankind from the time of the fall of Adam and Eve., if only mankind come to Him and by faith accept Him into their hearts and truly desire to have a relationship with Him.

Remember God is never pushy, He always lovingly convicts our spirits. He Never wants you to feel fear with Him, However understanding what the fear of living without God in your life is like, is one of the greatest wisdom gifts from God given to you as without God we truly have nothing.

Proverbs 9:10 0The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.11For through wisdom your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.…

We walk in wisdom when we align our lives with God Word.

We get to know Gods Word by having an ongoing relationship with Him and getting to know more and more what He has spoken in His Word.

Gods Word is our daily armor Eph. ch 6 so it does us only good to know it and apply it everyday in our lives..

Another way that you will know that God is working in your heart? is that He will give you more and more a hunger to want to know Him.

When I began really desiring to have a close daily relationship with God, it was after i prayed with someone and in the prayer my fellow christian said  and we are trusting in you God at the end of the prayer.

That word TRUST really spoke to me as it was something I had to consider really deeply within my self. Do I really place my trust in God and His Word alone?

By then I really really wanted to get closer to God and truly have a close relationship with Him. I had already begun speaking to Him and so in one of my conversation -prayers- with Him I asked Him, Lord can you please show me how to trust you? for I am not sure i really know how to trust.  God hears our conversations and prayers with Him as long as they are most sincere. He knows our hearts better than we ourselves know. Any way, God did show me how to trust Him more and more, and with each stage of me placing my trust Him, I began to see ow He really began to transform me, convict my spirit and show me how to overcome in Him all concerns in my life.

John 16:33 …32 Christ Jesus said:“Look, an hour is coming and has already come when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and you will leave Me all alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!

John 14:2726 Christ Jesus said: But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you. 27Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.

Our relationship with God is a journey for sure and continues with all the ups and downs this world brings us, but Christ is always there to remind us to remain safe and secure in Him. Christ Jesus  Is our good Shepherd: John 10:10, He will go looking for you to help you when you go astray,and help you back up on your own two feet, always during this worldly journey, and to have no fear of what this world can do, as He has overcome this world and will also help us also every step of the way to overcome this world until we enter back home through His door, into the final assurance of being forever in His eternal presence: God the Father Son Holy Spirit Always.

Up until that day comes when He decides to call us back home to heaven , we as His Child, His new creation ( because He lives in us) 

2 Corinthians 5:1717 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  

We through Christ-Holy Spirit now living in us are to be ambassadors representing Him, we are to be conquerors of this world

Romans 8:3737 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

and its divers challenges and circumstances. we are called to preserver always in Him and complete our race (our journey) with Him by our side living  in us.( even when the going gets taught)( in good and bad times and always, in all life's seasons).

Trust Him and His Word and align  your life with Him and His Word and you can't go wrong.

Beware of people, churches, ideologies, philosophies that divert form Gods Word as they are from this world and meant to bring you down with the spirit of evil working in and through them .

Christ Jesus while alive gave a very important story called :

The Parable of the Sower

Read it and ask God to give you understand while reading it. When you understand this you will understand God plan for your life.

Matthew 13

The Parable of the Sower

13 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. But others fell on good ground and yielded a

crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

The Purpose of Parables

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I [b]should heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

In Christ Jesus always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

A mixed and typical web message. Ignore the web most of the time. Rather, study scripture and see what God really says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lflPOfjkc7k

Watch that and feel better. Dr. Michael Heiser is a well known and respected evangelical scholar that tells it like it is.

Thanks 

I’m also  concerned because I don’t think I feel emotion/affection for Jesus ?