IGNORED

Should I Tell My Non-Christian Friends God has Determined Them to Go to Hell?

Uber Genius

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 2/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 21, Paragraph 5

Also is this the Christian Priviledge my BLM friends keep telling me about?

The Bible tells us that God wishes all to be saved.  I don't think Calvin knew what he was talking about.  Obviously I do not believe in Predestination for everyone.

But to answer your statement question, I never tell anyone they are going to hell.  I explain to people that James tells us that God is going to destroy our world with fire, but he has made arrangements for us not to be here if we choose to follow him.   It's not that difficult to tie it all together in the end and it shows Gods goodness instead of making him look like some kind of an evil dictator.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 2/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation

Biblically predestination follows foreknowledge.  Part of being omniscient is knowing what we WILL CHOOSE ahead of time. For those that he foreknows will accept Him he predestines them (prepares them) for the change

Romans 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Foreknowledge  leads to Predestination Leads to the Call,  Leads to Justification, Leads to Glorification

But it all begins with what God knows we will do.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Great answer, but can you justify that answer from scripture?

"Repent n be baptized" is open to every one.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hmm not going to talk about "Calvin or Predestination"

It would seem the books have not been open yet. And like others said His word says that whosoever believes. And this should answer it "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

So Uber if you can see the heart and seen who is not written in His books then be wise to tell them as He said the good news. Never fear.. good news.. GOD sent His only son that whosoever believes shall not perish but have ever lasting life. The good news Jesus died for your sin. He loves you so much He came took your place :)

Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. 5It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured. 6It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail]. 7Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Starise said:

Yes and the really scary thing is some of them are real people.

Wait...you are not saying that you....no  no of course not

(let the wookie win)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

11 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Great answer, but can you justify that answer from scripture?

This is what you were waiting for...

11 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Now that is what I'm talking about. Being able to memorize verses so you can string them quickly together and demonstrate that many authors held the view that God sovereignty was not impeded by man's free will. Neither was the object of his love a small group of humans known as "God's elect," justified by appeals to mystery. 

Clear scriptures inform unclear ones.

The passages above are clear that God doesn't limit the scope of his great sacrifice.

Bravo.

Time to let the cat out of the bag....
Wiley coyote the genius is not clicking here.
But there has been scriptural references......default_thumbsup.gif.092c896a4f2531f442e5c5d8b45aba21.gif

Do you eat jumbo shrimp?

default_cool2.gif

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Psalm 103:8  The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. 
9  He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. 
10  He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. 
11  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; 
12  as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. 
13  As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. 
14  For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. 

Isaiah 55:6  “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 
7  let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 
8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. 
9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

Thank God salvation is dispersed by God and not John Calvin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Why would anyone say this to an unbeliever? Certainly takes the power out of the “good news” of Christ on the cross. The bible teaches us that the message of Jesus' life, death and resurrection from the dead is “good news”. It's no longer good news to them, if you say “only those that God handpicks get to go to heaven and all others are going to die because it wasn't God's will for them to be picked” Who says that to an unbeliever or anybody? Instead of building them up, such a message as this creates doubt in their minds about the truthfulness of the bible and the message of the gospel.

4 hours ago, appy said:

It's no longer good news to them, if you say “only those that God handpicks get to go to heaven and all others are going to die because it wasn't God's will for them to be picked”

I am thinking that the Jehovah Witnesses are somewhat trapped in that conundrum. 

Joke: Why is there a long high wall that runs across Heaven separating the realm?

punchline: because the Catholics like to think that they are the only ones in Heaven. 

old Dave Allen joke (Irish comedian)