debrakay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

Have you been called an of those things on here?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Don't allow other people to dictate your life to you, control what you do or do not do.  You will find hard hearten people everywhere who love to bring others down so they can feel better about themselves.  Instead, ask yourself what does God think of you and go with that!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Just a couple of them from here.  Debate, dialog, communication is just not what it used to be.  :(

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

34 minutes ago, debrakay said:

No I think you just needed to find the right forum...and may I suggest you have.

Today's world is full of narcissists who cannot allow anyone else to be right, or share their spotlight. they are rude, callous and entirely in appropriate. The only way they will accept you is if you fall in lock step  with them and bow to their greatness.

I have been on many such forums, Christian or not, and while it doesn't bother me what people say about me (because seriously who are they that I should believe them when God tells me I am his child) But I am about as an introverted asocial being as you can get, who does not require the company.  My wife, in God's wisdom, is just the opposite, and she craves companionship and friendship and I hear the same story for her, "all I want to do is be part of the conversation, why does there have to be so much drama?" 

It is the world we live in today and it has infiltrated to some degree the rank and file of Christianity

That being said, I have to tell you this site is safe. It is very well moderated and its purpose is clear, to be a place for all Christians to gather and share. Oh occasionally people like me forget the purpose and speak out a bit inappropriately, but one quick jerk on my leash by the mods, and I fall back into line. So I hope you give this site a chance.

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Just a couple of them from here.  Debate, dialog, communication is just not what it used to be.  :(

This might just be the heart of the problem you're experiencing. Maybe it's just me but I feel like there's been a big shift in cultural values during my lifetime and that it's been especially prominent over the past few years. Bigot is practically a buzzword tossed around in attempts to immediately discredit Christians who stick up for Biblical values these days.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give 

sounds like you been talking to liberals. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1