I’m scared ?? I’m worried about my standing with Jesus and my heart

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. I’m so scared. About two weeks ago I started having cursing thoughts because I read verses about cursing in the Bible for example :-

Genisis 9:25

he said, "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers."

and 

1 Corinthians 12:3

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

these verses triggered me and I then started having thoghts in my head saying “curse” and I started getting tempted to think them about people and then I started praying to Jesus and then started getting tempted to think them about Him. 

I don’t feel emotions for Jesus and I don’t feel like connection and stuff with Him and it triggered me to think stuff. 

my head has been doing it for like over a week and I’m scared incase because I tube it hardened my heart. I’m scared because anyone I look at or think another my head gets tempted to think it about them. And Jesus.

i want my heart to be soft for Him. (I received Him 10/11months ago I’m sure) 

But prayed to the Father most of the time until a few months ago. 

im scared for my soul. ? I asked Jesus for help all week and I’m scared because last night I read this verse:-

Ecclesiastes 10:20

Even in your thoughts, do not curse the king, nor in your bedroom curse the rich, for a bird of the air will carry your voice, or some winged creature tell the matter.

im always in my bedroom - barley leave it. 
my thoghts have been cursing 

Jesus is king 

Christians are rich and my head thoghts cursing thoghts. 

I don’t know what to do. I’m terrified. I’m scared about my standing with God. I want to be saved. I want to be with God.?

I don’t even know if He’s with me. I’m scared because of the cursing thoghts and because of the state of the heart and Jesus and the thoghts about Him. 

thanks for reading :)

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi Caitlin_ amen to what Jayne said we walk by faith not sight not "feelings". Feelings are up and down all over the place :) See Christ said I will NEVER leave you NEVER forsake you. He already died for your sins.. as the word says behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.  Any time the WORD of God comes the enemy comes right away and tries to steal it. 

Now the fear you say you have. That should be your first red flag. Meaning its not from God. That fear is telling you a LIE! See what does His word say? God has NOT given you the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. 

No matter what when fear comes quote His word. NO.. God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. And I have the JOY of the lord. I am strong in the power of HIS might. 

You have nothing what so ever to fear. So you fall you goof up.. so? Get up dust off and keep going. Just say.. Jesus I am sorry forgive me and keep going. See as long as WE try to do it all.. it will never happen. Let HIM help. Put ALL your cares into His hands TRUST Him that no matter what He is with you in you.. you fall Hes in you loves you and happy. He is not like man. 

Satan is trying to steal your joy for one.. you have the JOY of the lord.. you have His armor (put on the whole amor of G0d) He gave you His peace.. its ALL HIM! So KNOW that when ever you repent say sorry.. that He always forgives cleanses you from ALL unrighteousness. You are righteous before God because one of what Christ did and because you believe in JESUS! 

So.. stand your ground tell those thoughts to take a hike..quote the word of God. And when you don't feel like it PRAISE HIM! That JOY will come... that peace will come. TRUST HIM no matter what feelings say no matter what it looks like TRUST HIM! KNOW He hears you.. in JESUS name

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

If you have submitted your life to Jesus Christ, believing that he is God's Son and that God raised him from the dead, and accepted God's gift of salvation and repented of your sins.....well....

.....then these intrusive thoughts cannot break your relationship with God.

I have intrusive thoughts, but they are not as bad as they used to be.  They used to terrify me and I would concentrate really HARD to make them go away and BEG God's forgiveness over and over and over.

That didn't help.

What did help?  I stopped working so hard at making them go away.  All that did was make me focus on them more.  And that gave those thoughts more power over me as I believed myself to be weak, pathetic, and powerless over them.  

It took some time, but when a negative, ugly, ungodly, hateful, or black-hearted thought would cross my mind [and they still do occasionally], I now simply let it go in one ear and out the other.  I give it no attention.  I may whisper ONCE for God to forgive that thought or that "God you know that isn't who I am" or  "God, put holy thoughts in my mind" or something peaceful and SIMPLE.

And I move on.  It has made a LIGHT YEAR'S difference in me.

One more thing - you spoke of your emotions over and over.  "I'm so scared", "I'm scared", "I don't feel", "I don't feel", "I'm terrified".

Intrusive thoughts can do that, HOWEVER if you live your life based on your feelings - life will be chaos.  Feelings are important, but they aren't the engine on the train.  Feelings are the caboose.  They follow the engine's direction.  The engine is FAITH.  

Stop verbalizing your negative feelings.  Start living by faith.  Let your faith in God and Jesus Christ determine your emotional state.  And don't allow your emotional state, your feelings, to make your think that God has given you up.

Thank you :)

Edited by Caitlin _
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

If you have submitted your life to Jesus Christ, believing that he is God's Son and that God raised him from the dead, and accepted God's gift of salvation and repented of your sins.....well....

.....then these intrusive thoughts cannot break your relationship with God.

I have intrusive thoughts, but they are not as bad as they used to be.  They used to terrify me and I would concentrate really HARD to make them go away and BEG God's forgiveness over and over and over.

That didn't help.

What did help?  I stopped working so hard at making them go away.  All that did was make me focus on them more.  And that gave those thoughts more power over me as I believed myself to be weak, pathetic, and powerless over them.  

It took some time, but when a negative, ugly, ungodly, hateful, or black-hearted thought would cross my mind [and they still do occasionally], I now simply let it go in one ear and out the other.  I give it no attention.  I may whisper ONCE for God to forgive that thought or that "God you know that isn't who I am" or  "God, put holy thoughts in my mind" or something peaceful and SIMPLE.

And I move on.  It has made a LIGHT YEAR'S difference in me.

One more thing - you spoke of your emotions over and over.  "I'm so scared", "I'm scared", "I don't feel", "I don't feel", "I'm terrified".

Intrusive thoughts can do that, HOWEVER if you live your life based on your feelings - life will be chaos.  Feelings are important, but they aren't the engine on the train.  Feelings are the caboose.  They follow the engine's direction.  The engine is FAITH.  

Stop verbalizing your negative feelings.  Start living by faith.  Let your faith in God and Jesus Christ determine your emotional state.  And don't allow your emotional state, your feelings, to make your think that God has given you up.

Thank you :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

9 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi. I’m so scared. About two weeks ago I started having cursing thoughts because I read verses about cursing in the Bible for example :-

and 

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

these verses triggered me and I then started having thoghts in my head saying “curse” and I started getting tempted to think them about people and then I started praying to Jesus and then started getting tempted to think them about Him. 

I don’t feel emotions for Jesus and I don’t feel like connection and stuff with Him and it triggered me to think stuff. 

my head has been doing it for like over a week and I’m scared incase because I tube it hardened my heart. I’m scared because anyone I look at or think another my head gets tempted to think it about them. And Jesus.

im scared for my soul. ? I asked Jesus for help all week and I’m scared because last night I read this verse:-

Even in your thoughts, do not curse the king, nor in your bedroom curse the rich, for a bird of the air will carry your voice, or some winged creature tell the matter.

Jesus is king 

I don’t know what to do. I’m terrified. I’m scared about my standing with God. I want to be saved. I want to be with God.?

I don’t even know if He’s with me. I’m scared because of the cursing thoghts and because of the state of the heart and Jesus and the thoghts about Him. 

Don't condemn yourself. You can't control thoughts that come in your mind but you can fight them by thinking good thoughts. But don't condemn yourself, that won't help. Put faith in God and trust in his grace.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

and 

Jesus is king 

Negative n cursing thoughts that u hear in the world, movies, music videos, can enter subconscious mind n reemerge as negative thoughts, just rebuke that with the Words of God.

Dont remain in ur room all day, just walk outside anywhere for fresh air n exercise.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

The Lord will not turn His face away from the afflicted, @Caitlin _. Remember that affliction you bear --- intrusive thoughts which arrive uninvited, something you have no direct control over. These episodes are exhausting to endure so little wonder they leave you drained and numb inside. But take heart in your weariness because God's love for you endures forever, dear one.

Yes, forever. It's my honor to encourage you and remind you that the Lord will not abandon you because of OCD. How often will I encourage you? Every time. You're so young... God has so much in store for you that you can't see it just yet. 

You'll see it one day. The Lord bless you and keep you in His hand, Caitlin!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi. I’m so scared.

May I ask how long has it been since you asked Jesus into your heart?

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

If you have no desire to follow God you should be scared. But if its your desire to follow God then fear is a waste of time. You cant change anything by being afraid. Accept the fact that your life is in Gods hands. You cant save yourself, only God can do that. So why fear? Put faith in Gods grace today. Walk boldly into tomorrow. 

Hebrews 4:16

New Revised Standard Version

16 Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

• Thumbs Up 1