IGNORED

Defense of the Pre Trib Rapture

George

.... It is 100% PRETRIB, simply because GOD is PRETRIB.....

~

May God

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Bless You Beloved

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-6

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if someone already went over this in  the previous 15 pages, but this is something that I just learned and thought I would share. Some people already know this though.

In traditional Jewish customs the father of the groom was the only one who knew when the groom would be sent out to go get the bride. The bride would be with her single friends who would get her ready for the wedding. During the wait the groom would be preparing a bridal chamber for her at his dad's house. Lots of Jewish houses today will have these additions built onto them. And then at some time during the night the father will tell the son that he can go out and get her. So the father sends him out with a loud trumpet blast to go retrieve (steal away) his bride!

He takes her back to their wedding chambers to consummate their marriage for a period of 7 days! In the original Bible language it says for a period of 7. And it HAS to be for a period of 7 because that symbolizes completion. During this period of 7 all the guests outside the chamber are celebrating and awaiting for the groom to come out and say the consummation is complete. And after he does the wedding feast is ready to be eaten. It is a huge celebration lasting a few days! So the actual wedding ceremony and feast isn't until after the period of 7!

The pre-trib rapture is the only rapture that this actually makes sense! The consummation HAS to be a period of 7, it wouldn't be 3.5 or anything else.

Also, if you think about it, what is the point of the tribulation? The purpose of the TRIBULATION is for the SALVATION of the JEWISH NATION. It is the last week of the 70 weeks that have been determined FOR the JEWISH NATION for them to come to full repentance and turn to the Lord. Why would we need to go through it if we are already saved?? We do not replace Israel, God did not break His everlasting covenant with Israel...by definition it is everlasting....lasts forever! And if He would break that covenant with them, how sure can we be of our everlasting covenant??

Another point as well.... during the Great Tribulation are people really going to be eating, drinking and giving in marriage? Jesus said that people will be going about their normal business when He comes like a thief in the night. If it was really a mid or post trib rapture we would be expecting it, and be able to calculate it as well. And people will not be going about business as usual. Remember...two men will be in a field and one will be taken....two women will be grinding with a hand mill and one will be taken.....see? Business as usual.

I have been very pre-wrath, until yesterday when some of these points became known to me.

Paul told the Thessalonians to comfort each other with his words to them....if it was mid or post trib wouldn't he tell them to prepare and hunker down? Or wouldn't he say something more like " You are going to go through a great tribulation and if you are lucky enough to not get your head lopped off then you will see Jesus coming in the clouds...comfort each other with these words." Not very comforting. But he tells them they are children of light, not meant for the darkness to come. Sudden destruction will come upon them and they will not escape...who is they? Shouldn't he have said us?

One last point....when Jesus was talking about the signs of His coming He told us "when you see these things start to come to pass, look up, your redemption is near." if it was mid or post trib wouldn't He be saying "when you see these things start to come to pass, hunker down and lay low, stock up on food and stay vigilant."

There are just so many scriptures that will not fit unless it is a pre-trib rapture. But we will see!

The only thing that really has me scratching my head is that great multitude that no one could count that came out of the tribulation, would there really be that many people coming to know the Lord during that time? Are they maybe Jews that were killed for their new faith in Jesus?

And also in revelations it says that the beast is allowed to wage war against the saints. What saints? Could these be the lukewarm Christians that get left behind but come to saving faith and are saving people left and right? Possible!

Ok, I think I am done now.

God bless!

Natatlie

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I don't know if someone already went over this in  the previous 15 pages, but this is something that I just learned and thought I would share. Some people already know this though.

In traditional Jewish customs the father of the groom was the only one who knew when the groom would be sent out to go get the bride. The bride would be with her single friends who would get her ready for the wedding. During the wait the groom would be preparing a bridal chamber for her at his dad's house. Lots of Jewish houses today will have these additions built onto them. And then at some time during the night the father will tell the son that he can go out and get her. So the father sends him out with a loud trumpet blast to go retrieve (steal away) his bride!

He takes her back to their wedding chambers to consummate their marriage for a period of 7 days! In the original Bible language it says for a period of 7. And it HAS to be for a period of 7 because that symbolizes completion. During this period of 7 all the guests outside the chamber are celebrating and awaiting for the groom to come out and say the consummation is complete. And after he does the wedding feast is ready to be eaten. It is a huge celebration lasting a few days! So the actual wedding ceremony and feast isn't until after the period of 7!

The pre-trib rapture is the only rapture that this actually makes sense! The consummation HAS to be a period of 7, it wouldn't be 3.5 or anything else.

Also, if you think about it, what is the point of the tribulation? The purpose of the TRIBULATION is for the SALVATION of the JEWISH NATION. It is the last week of the 70 weeks that have been determined FOR the JEWISH NATION for them to come to full repentance and turn to the Lord. Why would we need to go through it if we are already saved?? We do not replace Israel, God did not break His everlasting covenant with Israel...by definition it is everlasting....lasts forever! And if He would break that covenant with them, how sure can we be of our everlasting covenant??

Another point as well.... during the Great Tribulation are people really going to be eating, drinking and giving in marriage? Jesus said that people will be going about their normal business when He comes like a thief in the night. If it was really a mid or post trib rapture we would be expecting it, and be able to calculate it as well. And people will not be going about business as usual. Remember...two men will be in a field and one will be taken....two women will be grinding with a hand mill and one will be taken.....see? Business as usual.

I have been very pre-wrath, until yesterday when some of these points became known to me.

Paul told the Thessalonians to comfort each other with his words to them....if it was mid or post trib wouldn't he tell them to prepare and hunker down? Or wouldn't he say something more like " You are going to go through a great tribulation and if you are lucky enough to not get your head lopped off then you will see Jesus coming in the clouds...comfort each other with these words." Not very comforting. But he tells them they are children of light, not meant for the darkness to come. Sudden destruction will come upon them and they will not escape...who is they? Shouldn't he have said us?

One last point....when Jesus was talking about the signs of His coming He told us "when you see these things start to come to pass, look up, your redemption is near." if it was mid or post trib wouldn't He be saying "when you see these things start to come to pass, hunker down and lay low, stock up on food and stay vigilant."

There are just so many scriptures that will not fit unless it is a pre-trib rapture. But we will see!

The only thing that really has me scratching my head is that great multitude that no one could count that came out of the tribulation, would there really be that many people coming to know the Lord during that time? Are they maybe Jews that were killed for their new faith in Jesus?

And also in revelations it says that the beast is allowed to wage war against the saints. What saints? Could these be the lukewarm Christians that get left behind but come to saving faith and are saving people left and right? Possible!

Ok, I think I am done now.

God bless!

Natatlie

Read the 21st chapter of Rev. and see if the bride of Christ is the church, or the New City.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Enoch

So you believe that Jesus is going to be married to a building/city.  So she is has dimensions of 1500 miles wide, by 1500 miles long, by 1500 miles high.   Do we call Jesus Bride  (pun) big Bertha.  Will individual members of the Bride been changed so they will have bodies like Christ. YES  Will their bodies become immortal as Christ body is, YES.  Or shall we be changed (all into a big Bertha) NO.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Enoch

So you believe that Jesus is going to be married to a building/city.  So she is has dimensions of 1500 miles wide, by 1500 miles long, by 1500 miles high.   Do we call Jesus Bride  (pun) big Bertha.  Will individual members of the Bride been changed so they will have bodies like Christ. YES  Will their bodies become immortal as Christ body is, YES.  Or shall we be changed (all into a big Bertha) NO.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I'm just going with what the Bible says the bride is Marv 

It says come I'll show ye the bride, what did he see, he saw the holy city coming down from God

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Enoch

In Christ

Montana Marv

I'm just going with what the Bible says the bride is Marv 

It says come I'll show ye the bride, what did he see, he saw the holy city coming down from God

I'm just now jumping in here... ^^ thats from 2013? and no one replied to it?

KJV - Rev 21:2 -

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Note - AS a bride.

New Jerusalem is the place that Christ has been preparing for his bride ever since he returned there after his resurrection

Ephesians 5:22-33

A city is not made out of flesh....

Some quick observations - the church is not a building - the church is the body of Christ - the church is also the bride of Christ - one bridegroom - one bride

Agreed?

This is off topic of pre-trib so thats it for now. Would make good discussion though.

other than that, as much as i like to read its overwhelming to think i gotta read 15-16 more pages of this old thread to catch up then maybe some reply

New thread - all in favor say, yea

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you could just start from your point and carry on from here.....          If you go back and look at the beginning you will see that the board software got kind of messed up a couple of years after Worthy started. and George started this thread to carry on......    that was in 2003.    Some of the people who put a lot into this thread are in heaven with the Lord, and you would miss out on their input if you just start a new thread.    Keep in mind that this thread is almost as old as Worthy.

While it isn't my place to tell you you can or can't start a new thread, I can certainly tell you that you will miss out on some very talented people's posts if you do.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

^^ excellent point ^^ theres always room to learn and confirm

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't think anybody likes the idea of the great tribulation. I know I don't. I would rather hear we a lifted up before the tribulation. Yes, that would be a comfort. The scriptures speaks of those standing before the throne crying out in a loud voice, "Salvation belongs  to our God, and to the lamb....these are the ones  who have come out of the great tribulation."  You can't come out of something, unless you went into it. The people of this world will hurt us, kill us, and do bad things I don't even want to think about to us. I do remember what Jesus said, "If they do this to me, what do you think they will do to you?"  This job of being a Christian is not an easy one...but did we not tell the ticket guy before we got on this train..."Please, give me a one way ticket to the end of the line." There is nothing between here, and there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I really wish I could believe in the pre trib rapture.....   would make life a bit easier.     but I'm spiritually prepared for whatever comes.   I'm getting too old to be physidally prepared for a whole lot

Sometimes I think we should go get fifteen years of survival food, paper towels and toilet paper and just go hide somewhere the water was good to drink.    but to so comfortably we'd need a CVS....   so   just  :P