IGNORED

What is ther when all you can do has benn done?

BorderCowboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Life as an adult has robbed me poor. have done all i can think of and do has amounted to nothing. I am at my wits end....

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

By what standard do you measure yourself?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Life as an adult has robbed me poor. have done all i can think of and do has amounted to nothing. I am at my wits end....

Don't lose your enthusiasm. Your 'nothing' is a great abundance to many.
"Above all the shield of faith to quench the fiery darts!"

Fiery darts to me is whispered doubts in my mind. Lies...
The shield of faith (light/truth) will quench the doubts/lies.
The light of the word chases out the darkness/lies.

Dry spells are for a season,  and joy comes in the morning.
Trust and obey, and press on, as a faithful soldier in the army of God.
The battle is for the mind. Don't trust it.   Trust God..

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God has a purpose for all who are in Jesus.  

He doesn't make trash and you need to turn all your life over to Jesus and just watch and see what He will do.  

And a good question was raised, by what standard do you measure yourself?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

I have been there brother, been so close to that edge, I downed a bottle of vodka sat on the balcony of a motel room during a hurricane just before crushing a handful of sleeping pills, I even wrote letters to my family and one to the cops and laid them out on the next bed so the cleaning lady when she found my corpse would know it wasn’t foul play but a suicide

A weird set of events happened and I ended up jumping into my dads el Camino that night drunk and dopey from the pills in my system, the motor blew up in the hurricane  ( Gods plan I’m sure of it) and I was hospitalized not wanting to call my family for help, I was on the run from the law and was eventually arrested

2 weeks later I mustered up the strength to call my dad, everyone thought I was dead

I HAD FORGOTTEN I LEFT THE NOTES ON THAT BED!!!

I had hit rock bottom and something had to change

My point is You aren’t alone brother, the world can take it all away, but the Lord can give it all back

Pray and I will also be praying for you, read that word 📖, Sometimes he has to bring us down to lift us up

Not what you want to hear right now, but it’s what you need to hear, find strength, ask for it, then KEEP asking— I ask everyday—don’t give up, endure you are in good company here I hope you can find some peace in knowing others like myself have found a way through that darkness and found our freedom in Christ infact if you can find a book I recommend called

VICTORY OVER DARKNESS

when you are feeling up to it I would suggest it and the most important book of all The Bible 📖 

find peace, and rest to restore yourself brother

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hello BorderCowboy,

I believe most of us have experienced this, to more or lesser degrees. As I certainly have, and it is hereditary and runs in my family. By no means am I counseling or offering advice, just listening and trying to gather the intent of your wording, and giving my thoughts?

It's much too long to delve into, but have you any idea where this "robbing" is coming from?

John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

In the verse above, Satan is this thief that steals (robs). Could it be trials, testings or Tribulations we are all subject to? Could this problem be self-induced and preventable? 

Using the apostle Paul as a biblical example: Paul suffered more than probably all the other apostles combined, according to what we are told in scripture. Yeah, I know that's no comforting you at the moment. We all want immediate answers and rectification of our problems, I'm no different. We are not told what it was, but Paul had a severe thorn in his side. It was so severe, Paul prayed three time for the Lord to remove it. Paul wanted to die and be with the Lord, rather than to complete his appointed mission. What the Lord told Paul also applies to us:

2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

When thoughts like you have pop into my head, I think of what Job went through. Everything Job had was lost and taken away from him by Satan. Job was faithful and endured, but Job arrogantly demanded of the Lord to tell him why all these things were happening. The Lord does not give Job an answer to why or a reason for hos losses. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, MrBear said:

I have been there brother, been so close to that edge, I downed a bottle of vodka sat on the balcony of a motel room during a hurricane just before crushing a handful of sleeping pills, I even wrote letters to my family and one to the cops and laid them out on the next bed so the cleaning lady when she found my corpse would know it wasn’t foul play but a suicide

A weird set of events happened and I ended up jumping into my dads el Camino that night drunk and dopey from the pills in my system, the motor blew up in the hurricane  ( Gods plan I’m sure of it) and I was hospitalized not wanting to call my family for help, I was on the run from the law and was eventually arrested

2 weeks later I mustered up the strength to call my dad, everyone thought I was dead

I HAD FORGOTTEN I LEFT THE NOTES ON THAT BED!!!

I had hit rock bottom and something had to change

My point is You aren’t alone brother, the world can take it all away, but the Lord can give it all back

Pray and I will also be praying for you, read that word 📖, Sometimes he has to bring us down to lift us up

Not what you want to hear right now, but it’s what you need to hear, find strength, ask for it, then KEEP asking— I ask everyday—don’t give up, endure you are in good company here I hope you can find some peace in knowing others like myself have found a way through that darkness and found our freedom in Christ infact if you can find a book I recommend called

VICTORY OVER DARKNESS

when you are feeling up to it I would suggest it and the most important book of all The Bible 📖 

find peace, and rest to restore yourself brother

SHALOM❤️

God bless you @MrBear😊 

Glad you are here.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Are you a born again believer in Jesus Christ?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

how you handle it has and will have an effect on a lot of people.  You may not have achieved what you wanted out of life, but God has put people in your path to learn as much as you.    I guess I am saying, "Don't sell yourself short for we really don't know how we have affected those around us.

An example from my grandmother as she lay in a bed in a nursing home with her brain being taken over by a tumor and her life was in general miserable.....     My mom made the statement to one of the caretakers that she didn't understand why God would let her suffer as she was.....    the caretaker told mom that the way that grandma was handling the whose thing was affecting many people who were in the nursing home and a good  chance why a couple of visitors of other people had actually come to Jesus because of her loving actions.

So basically had mom not mentioned it to the lady we might never have known that both mom's and grandma's actions had had a serious impact on other people.    Never sell yourself short.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, other one said:

how you handle it has and will have an effect on a lot of people.  You may not have achieved what you wanted out of life, but God has put people in your path to learn as much as you.    I guess I am saying, "Don't sell yourself short for we really don't know how we have affected those around us.

An example from my grandmother as she lay in a bed in a nursing home with her brain being taken over by a tumor and her life was in general miserable.....     My mom made the statement to one of the caretakers that she didn't understand why God would let her suffer as she was.....    the caretaker told mom that the way that grandma was handling the whose thing was affecting many people who were in the nursing home and a good  chance why a couple of visitors of other people had actually come to Jesus because of her loving actions.

So basically had mom not mentioned it to the lady we might never have known that both mom's and grandma's actions had had a serious impact on other people.    Never sell yourself short.

My wife and I were talking about this recently. The very smallest work that God willed for us to do is 'eternal' and of eternal value.

We have had a very rough time of things since 4 years ago due to betrayal and we found ourselves in Oklahoma to take care of her Mom....we have been blessed with caring for our neighbors here. Others have witnessed this. We realize, if there is no other reason than this--that we are on earth. That we are in Oklahoma.--it is plenty. Just one kindness, one word that the Lord uses for another is of the most precious sort. So ya--ya just never know.

• This is Worthy 1