IGNORED

The alive and remaining are changed - doesn't that mean all the rest died?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

WOW.  That is INTENSE and goes against most of what I believe.  THANK YOU

Please explain what you think is wrong in the article?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

Why? 

Where in the Bible might we find 6,000 years as a relevant marker for time? The yearly cycle for the Jews was seven years, not six, and seven does not goes into 6,000 neatly. Where in the Bible would we find support for "connecting" a 7 day cycle to a 7,000 years cycle? 

This is a little confusing.

Is it being said the 6,000 years plus another 1,000 years was Hebraic thought?

Or is this saying the early Church taught that was Hebraic thought? 

If the former, then would you please post some resources for "the earth continues 6,000 years and then a 1,000 year millennial reign" as a belief in Hebraic thought? I'd like to peruse them.

Not all ECFs were chialistic, so I think it important for the readers to know the belief in a literal millennial reign was A teaching of the early Church, not THE belief. I'd also like to make note Historical Premillennialism is much different than Dispensational Premillennialism. The former's view of the 1000-year reign is substantively different than the latter and there were none of the latter in the early Church. 

Try https://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/diogo-da-annunciao-justiniano/the-inquisition-and-judaism-a-sermon-addressed-to-jewish-martyrs-on-the-occasi-hci/page-11-the-inquisition-and-judaism-a-sermon-addressed-to-jewish-martyrs-on-the-occasi-hci.shtml

"But in fact, the sage expresses himself in the follow-
ing manner: — " It was declared in the academy, or
" rather Elijah's house, that the world is to subsist
" six thousand years, and then for one thousand it is
"to remain waste; two thousand without any juris-
" diction whatever; two thousand with the Law of
"Moses; and two thousand during the time of the
" Messiah."

"Ye see then how the preacher perverts this opinion,
and makes an addition, of his own invention, to the
words of the sage, who merely says, that the last two
thousand years will be those when the Messiah may
or ought to come (that is to say, during any part of
them, either at their beginning or end), But the
preacher makes him declare that the last two thousand
years are to be under the Law of the Messiah, indi-

TITE ARCIIBISIIOP OF CRANGANOR. 157

cative that the Law of Moses was then to cease, and
that of Christ to be established ; whereas, the learned
Elijah made no mention whatever of the law of the
Messiah, but only of the time of the Messiah; his
object being, by interpolating and corrupting the
text, to represent the rabbins of the Tahnud, as
believing in Christ. Men who argue in this manner
expose themselves not only to the derision and scoff
of the Jews, but also to the contempt of all well-
informed Christians.

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/607585/jewish/Significance-of-the-year-6000.htm

The Talmud tells us that this world, as we know it, will last for six thousand years, with the seventh millennium ushering in the cosmic Shabbat, the Messianic Era. Six days a week we work, and on the Shabbat we rest and enjoy the fruits of our labor; the same is true with millenniums.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, debrakay said:

One version is in opposition of the other so the Bible compilers had to do some deep digging and hopefully praying to resolve the conflict.  They determined that other copies showed the first translation with the word NOT in the first part of the sentence.  Some of the Worthy theologians must know about this conflict and could explain much better than I.  I'm sorry for putting confusion into the mix here.  Everyone who says translations are very different are talking truth.  The Holy Spirit reveals everything to us if we ask then patiently watch and listen.

I was thinking about this last night and thought about the story when King David was doing the counting, the census, and all of the misery that came with that decision.  I'm wondering if counting people and coming up with numbers is something the Lord is not pleased with.  It's like putting a limitation on Him and we know that is NOT possible.  

The thought I had when you mentioned that,  was the word EASTER being placed in the KJV instead of Passover and how that one little change effects us even still.  Shows us powers we are fighting.  This whole translation thing got me into a search for getting my hands on the best possible manuscript I could find and I ended up settling on the Greens Interlinear.  When in conflict it is my 'final' go to.  I can't remember why I chose it but I did. 

I like my Strongs concordance and the KJV is the only version of Gods word I do like.  Strange as it is I don't like the Bible when it is written in modern day English...it just sounds all sorts of wrong to me and I find myself suspicious of every verse.  I think we all stick with what we know and have gotten comfortable with.  Until you really start to dig I dont think it matters too much.  Let us pray...

Edited by DeighAnn
I to The

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,467
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,824
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  131
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

17 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

First, how many years do you think the 'time' is off by on the Jewish Calendar?  Anywhere around 218?  Just asking.  

Generally it's been known to be about 200 years.  This is a article that discusses some of the time discrepancies as well as a hebraic understanding of the 7,000 year timeline.

https://www.israel365news.com/110117/scientist-recalculates-time-til-end-of-days/

17 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Please explain what you think is wrong in the article?

The belief that Christ has returned.  

Do you realize that IF that were truth,  that Salvation being opened up to WHOMSOEVER would,    would have only lasted 40 years?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

6 hours ago, Josheb said:

God is the beginning and the end. God is not the cycles. It is apportioned for man to die once and then face judgment. Man is not apportioned to die, live again and then be judged again, and live again, die again, Get judged again...... 

This creation that began in Genesis 1 will conclude a 7,000 year cycle ... and then begins the 8th day ... but then you would to study what does the 8th day REALLY MEAN, and what does the 8th Millennium indicate?  Have fun ... studying His Word!

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

27 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

First, how many years do you think the 'time' is off by on the Jewish Calendar?  Anywhere around 218?  Just asking.

This is a good article by Chuck Missler that discusses it as well.

https://khouse.org/articles/1999/183/

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

The belief that Christ has returned.  

Do you realize that IF that were truth,  that Salvation being opened up to WHOMSOEVER would,    would have only lasted 40 years?

DeighAnn,the article is basically saying what is wrong with Preterism , Jesus did not return yet... still future..

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, George said:

Generally it's been known to be about 200 years.  This is a article that discusses some of the time discrepancies as well as a hebraic understanding of the 7,000 year timeline.

https://www.israel365news.com/110117/scientist-recalculates-time-til-end-of-days/

Then I vote that we go 2000 years from HIS CRUCIFIXION so that last week of Daniel would begin this year.  Here is my thinking...Christ brought in the New Covenant, so the Jewish 'calendar' ceased to be the deciding factor along with the actions of the Jews since the blindness only comes off at the end.  SO what they are doing doesn't matter, they are protected (Can't blind them and then make them pay a price for being blinded right?  That wouldn't be JUST at all)  

What if we are just waiting for the last person to be born.  Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.  What if that is setting the end of the war in heaven.  Then we would have Satan and his angels cast out at the same time 'the first shall be last' is born.  

Probably have so thoughts on those thoughts

22 minutes ago, angels4u said:

DeighAnn,the article is basically saying what is wrong with Preterism , Jesus did not return yet... still future..

Hence my first reply!  It is preterism that goes against all I believe

• Loved it! 1