• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

I generally have no time to worry or be anxious when I have a job to do that requires me to keep my head in the work. It's when I have leisure time on my hands (?) that I feel the melancholy blues creeping in, by thinking too much, pondering, and give place for the enemies tactics to sorta steer my thoughts. And if I don't do enough physical work to keep this old body working through a few aches and pains,  staying tuned and muscles stretched, I start to physically go down hill, and can feel it.
              I am a believer of use it or lose it.
(and the old saying about an idle mind the devils workshop:)  Do something...

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.
You are serving the Lord Christ"   
Colossians 3: 23-24

Yes--I had exercise in mind as well. I have never been one who falls into melencholy and the like, but I get it. Believe me, that is nothing but the Grace of the LOrd. From the time, I was a young boy I have experineced betrayal and disappointment and for much of my life since. Somehow, the Lord has shielded me.

I think, if it weren't for Him, I should be a very different man.

I have been experiencing strange anxiety (flight or fright type stuff) lately. It comes out of nowhere and can be quite uncomfortable. The Lord is my refuge.

It may have something to do with the events of the last 4 years, but is so uncharacteristic for me.

Busy makes all the difference.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,325
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

29 minutes ago, Sower said:

I generally have no time to worry or be anxious when I have a job to do that requires me to keep my head in the work. It's when I have leisure time on my hands (?) that I feel the melancholy blues creeping in, by thinking too much, pondering, and give place for the enemies tactics to sorta steer my thoughts. And if I don't do enough physical work to keep this old body working through a few aches and pains,  staying tuned and muscles stretched, I start to physically go down hill, and can feel it.
              I am a believer of use it or lose it.
(and the old saying about an idle mind the devils workshop:)  Do something...

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.
You are serving the Lord Christ"   
Colossians 3: 23-24

Amen! :thumbsup:

I do the same. I've picked up a new saying as of late, brother: we press on. 

As long as I can walk, I'm going to walk. If I can walk, then I can work!

If all I can do is crawl, then I'll crawl. If I can crawl, then I can work!

Better to put our hand to the plow than waste time belly-aching about things. There's always something to do, yes indeed. You know what I've decided?

If the doctor gives me a cane and says, "Use this to walk", I'll trade it in for a pogo stick. Why settle for a cane when you can bounce your way around? 

There's always a way in the Lord. :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I tend to be more of a light poster unless I am sharing bible verses.  I tend to encourage.  

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:8 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brothers and Sisters

Are you content, filled with Peace, Joy, gratitude and love? Should be, first & foremost we all woke up this morning and only because weve been granted yet another day and by Gods New Mercy!

Secondly Christ Abides in us, He is the Prince.of Peace, the Joy of our Lord right inside of us.... Oh, there is much to be thankful for!!!

Think on these things, give a shout of Praise & give God His Glory due.... And I'll be back to finish up the rest.of this OP.... After a little while......

Wow, can I read? I misread the OP title and was about to write a diatribe about the spirit of discernment... LOL

BTW the spirit of discernment is the Holy Spirit. We can have "a" small, under powered version from time to time...

Or...

The Spirit of God as our confidant / consultant / guide. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 5/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, Starise said:

I'll admit it's a struggle for me sometimes to remain content. 

I see contentment as giving up all control in a frustrating situation. Might as well give it up because control over most situations is an illusion. What's that they say- " Let go and let God". Discontentment for me seems to develop when what I like, what I am comfortable with isn't what's happening or when I receive injustice, especially if it pertains to me directly. 

Contentment isn't really when things go our way. Contentment aligns itself with what God is allowing to happen in our lives. There are times of pruning, but thank God we are a branch right? We are to be content in pruning. When we think things are good is when we are usually the most content. I have found God continues to put me into situations I would rather avoid and yet I'm supposed to be content. This send the clear message that contentment has nothing to do with what we like or with comfort of any kind.

This isn't to say our merciful Father doesn't bless us with good things we like at times. Jesus summed it up, " In this world you will have trouble" Boy He really wasn't kidding. We are also told that the suffering in this life is nothing compared to the glory that awaits us all. We live a lot by faith in God's sure PROMISES to use. We have not attained yet. We know we WILL attain.

Complaining is superficial to a deeper issue. We complain because we are discontent.Why are we discontent? Sometimes we need to look deeper inside ourselves to see what the real issues are. Are we bitter? Are we jealous? Are we complaining for attention or to assert control? The world isn't fair BOO HOO LOL.

I think of several that I dread going into restaurants with who are never happy with their food. They sometimes use it to draw attention to themselves. Little princesses who are still stomping their feet as grown ups. I want this, I want that, this is too hot, that is too cold. What they don't realize is it has an opposite reflection on their character. Internally I'm thinking , just shut up and eat your food you overgrown baby :)

When I look in the mirror though I sometimes see that same person sometimes behaving in similar ways in other situations.

I have been trying to remember praise and worship music and have it playing in my mind. Offering up praise and worship to our Lord is one of the most powerful things to thwart discontent. I have been sometimes touched to the point of tears during such times.

Blessings Beloved Brother....

I sure do understand exactly how you feel dreading dinner out with the " gripers"..... Those are the most difficult to be around for me personally- lol

You, Marathoner, myself and anyone else who has survived terminal illness can relate, Im sure of it. After fighting to just get through one day becsuse your too weak, too sick and in too much pain its extremely difficult to listen to " my food is overcooked & now my night is ruined"..... Seriously?

The thing is, it is not so much what we are hearing that is so disturbing- though it is annoying- it is much more than that because it is a spirit. That spirit of discontentment does not find a comfortable place where Holy Spirit is! And our spirit grumbles and groans. Its highly likely the overcooked food is not really an issue for the oppressed person, the spirit is miserable in out presence

So when you talk about Praise & Worship music thwarting discontent you are right on target... We cannot forget( not for a second) that we are a target, the enemy targets whomever he can so never let your guard down

The spirit of discontent tries me indirectly, through the griping, complaining, murmering people hs CAN influence but I usually recognize this one trick pony quickly.... And I do not partake.As for myself, nah-the Lord Has Shown me that" His Grace is Sufficient" when I could have been sucked in to self pity .... I asked He Take my ".thorn" and I Understood JOY for HIS GRACE......

I Believe it is when my mind , my thoughts changed from carnal to Eternal because of the Heart & Mind of Christ- yes, by just 1 WORD" My Grace is Sufficient"

In Christs love, kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Be assured that the difficulties I face keeps me focused on what God is doing

Thank you for letting me know 😊

God bless you too

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, Sower said:

I've been studying scripture a lot the past few years about the full armor of God that tells us to put on, and with that a significant  understanding of, "God is Light", and there is no darkness in Him, not even a shadow, and His promises are true. All of them. Your post coincides with a new scripture I learned last night in Numbers.

I cannot even imagine what a day would be like without my armor on!  There are attacks from somewhere and/or someone on a daily basis these days.  Which of course are from the scheming evil one.

Ephesians 6:11 (NIV)
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

• Well Said! 2
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, Marathoner said:

There's always a way in the Lord. :D

Yes. Yes. Yes. and AMEN! Today I am reminded He is the Lord of reconciliation. :emot-hug:

Acts 7:26 (NIV)
The next day Moses came upon two Israelites who were fighting. He tried to reconcile them by saying, ‘Men, you are brothers; why do you want to hurt each other?’

Colossians 1:20 (NIV)
and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

IF  YOU  LOVE  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  WHAT  DO  YOU  DO

IF  YOU  DON'T  LOVE  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  WHAT  DO  YOU  DO

1 CORINTHIANS 16:22  if any man love not  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  let him be anathema maranatha

2 CORINTHIANS 13:8  for we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth 

ROMANS 2:11  FOR  THERE  IS  --NO  RESPECT--  OF  PERSONS  WITH  GOD

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST