• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Time will tell won't it?

Shalom, missmuffet.

Most assuredly! However, we're supposed to be READY when our Lord returns! We're admonished to "WATCH!" This implies that we should be READY for that which God wants us to be READY! One should be WATCHING for the right signs of the Messiah's Coming! If one is stuck in a theological position and "KNOWS" what he or she should be anticipating, and only reading the Scriptures as they've been taught that SUPPORT that theological position, he or she just may be SURPRISED by the Coming and not as READY as he or she THOUGHT he or she was!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/7/2022 at 9:35 AM, JoeCanada said:

Hey, nearly everybody in the first century was mistaken about Jesus' first coming. The scholars, the religious leaders, the ordinary people... they all misunderstood what  the old testament prophecies were really saying about Jesus.

True. But then, they did not have the infilling of the Holy Spirit of Truth. Whom Jesus promised us "will declare to you the things that are to come." John 16:13

I take that promise literally.

Edited by WilliamL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

10 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

True. But then, they did not have the infilling of the Holy Spirit of Truth. Whom Jesus promised us "will declare to you the things that are to come." John 16:13

I take that promise literally.

Shalom, WilliamL.

Yes, but that's only true for those who LISTEN to Him when He speaks to us! Some of us are so SURE we already have the Truth, that we won't be listening for His declaration!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

3 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

...that's only true for those who LISTEN to Him when He speaks to us!

Of course. Not listen to ourselves, or to other spirits etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 9/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, JoeCanada said:

"You must hope for the best"........

Good advice. Let us all "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst"

When I bugged God about it he asked me if I was carefully listening to the Holy Spirit...  when I said yes he just said, "Then don't worry about it."

I took it to mean that the Holy Spirit would get me through whatever...   Lets me enjoy what life I have left at 75.   I can highly recommend taking that view.

I guess that makes me a whatevertrib person.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/7/2022 at 11:35 AM, JoeCanada said:

nearly everybody in the first century was mistaken

Good job, bro! I cannot count the number of times I said this. So, it will be the same in out time. Meanwhile, its OK to disagree with one another but it should NOT be so adversarial as we've seen. 

Iron sharpens iron is a true statement as applied among brothers. I have learned much from other believers and hope I can broaden the perspective from time to time. But attacking someone personally should never be done.

Form the first time I ever visited a Christian forum I saw that those who are "attackers" are usually going to show up. Being an example regardless is the better way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 9/8/2022 at 1:05 AM, JoeCanada said:

Yes, what if we're wrong about the most discussed topics on the end-times:

The rapture,  the Antichrist and the second coming of our Lord.

What if we've been wrong about these views?

Are there consequences? What are they?

Since joining this forum, the majority of my involvement has been in end-time discussions.

And what I have seen is that 99% of these discussions seem to center on how  "I AM CORRECT."

There is so much debate online about these topics. Wonderful Spirit filled scholars  have spent most of their lives studying and researching end-times. And yet they still disagree with each others positions. This should tell us that these are very complex theories and not easily decided.

"I'm right and you're wrong"

"No.... you don't know what you're talking about. I'm right"

Unfortunately, these discussions often turn into heated arguments where being right or winning the debate seems to be more important than what is biblically true. 

Scholars have been called "satanic" by nationally renowned pastors simply because their views about last days differ from the pastor.

If we are honest with ourselves, can any of us really say that we know that our end-time view is 100% correct?

Well, there are possibly a few who would argue till "the cows come home" that they are 100000% correct and that God Himself will tell us so when we get to heaven.

But honestly, I think that many of us will be surprised at how things will happen. We should all hold our viewpoints loosely because we could easily be mistaken. God loves the humble soul.

Hey, nearly everybody in the first century was mistaken about Jesus' first coming. The scholars, the religious leaders, the ordinary people... they all misunderstood what  the old testament prophecies were really saying about Jesus.

So it's very possible that we can be mistaken as well.

In 46 BC, Cicero wrote to a friend saying   "You must hope for the best"........

`However when He, the Spirit of TRUTH, has come HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH;...` (John 16: 13)

It is the HOLY SPIRIT who will guide us into ALL TRUTH. Just look over the centuries and see the different truths that people were often martyred for - salvation, baptism, infilling of the Holy Spirit, etc.

And we are now discussing the last great truth to be clarified - eschatology. So it behoves us to study well God`s word for this is a truth we need to stand on.

The two main differences are -

1. We go to heaven.

2. We are on the earth.

Take care to what you believe.

Note: all other great truths were vigorously discussed over the centuries so of course this great truth of eschatology needs discussing, but `speaking the truth in love,` (with the right attitude.) 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,688
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

1. We go to heaven.

This idea is not Biblical.

Heaven is God’s home. Earth is our home. The Lord Jesus, as the Son of God and the Son of man will eventually make Heaven and Earth as one.

Ephesians 1:10…everything in heaven and earth will be brought together under one Head; Jesus Christ.

Just as the separation between heaven and earth will be forever demolished through Jesus, so too will the separation between God and mankind be removed.

Revelation 21:3 Now: the dwelling of God is with men and He will live with them.

Zechariah 9:10 The Lord will banish all the things of war, He will proclaim peace to the nations and His rule will extend to the ends of the earth.

God’s plan is to make all things as one, to remove the separation between the spiritual and the physical worlds. This is the ultimate plan of God and the finale of secular history. When God walked with Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, it was then a part of heaven, but when they sinned, angels with flaming swords kept mankind out and we await its re-establishment on earth.  Revelation 21 to 22 

Will those who will live with Jesus during His Millennial reign, have spiritual bodies? No, because there will be many still alive at His Return, Matthew 24:31 and when He was resurrected, He still ate and drank in a body suited for earthly living. John 21:12

Revelation 20:4-6…the souls of those who were killed for their faith in God, were resurrected and they will reign with Christ for 1000 years… On earth!

People who think there is a rapture to heaven, where they believe they will have heavenly, spiritual bodies have failed to understand that God’s purpose from the beginning of humankind, was to establish a place and a people who would display His glory and to share eternal life with Christ. Hebrews 2:14-15, Revelation 22:14

For now, we face daily challenges in our lives and on the world scene, but the knowledge that a regenerated earth is coming should reassure us and give us the right perspective. There is a purpose in all that happens, the injustices and suffering will not last, they are part of the testing process we all must go through.  God will make everything right, rewarding those who stood firm and trusted Him in all the trials and temptations of this world.  1 Corinthians 16:13

The people who will live with Jesus in the Millennium period, are being prepared now. Remember, it may not be the proud and self-promoting people who will be chosen, it’s the meek who will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5  Those people will then be under the benevolent government of the resurrected saints, with Jesus as King. 

Will it be boring to be good all the time? It is wrong to assume sin is exciting and righteousness isn’t. That is the Devil’s lie, his basic strategy, but the reality is that sin robs us of fulfilment, sin doesn’t expand life, it shrinks it and sin’s emptiness inevitably leads to boredom. Where there’s fulfilment, where there’s beauty, where we won’t have to struggle for existence and as God’s mysteries unfold to us, that is the ultimate human utopia: ON EARTH.                    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

3 hours ago, Keras said:

This idea is not Biblical.

Heaven is God’s home

Rev. 21:3- And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men,

Rev. 21:10- And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46

On 9/7/2022 at 11:35 AM, JoeCanada said:

Yes, what if we're wrong about the most discussed topics on the end-times:

The rapture,  the Antichrist and the second coming of our Lord.

What if we've been wrong about these views?

Are there consequences? What are they?

Since joining this forum, the majority of my involvement has been in end-time discussions.

And what I have seen is that 99% of these discussions seem to center on how  "I AM CORRECT."

There is so much debate online about these topics. Wonderful Spirit filled scholars  have spent most of their lives studying and researching end-times. And yet they still disagree with each others positions. This should tell us that these are very complex theories and not easily decided.

"I'm right and you're wrong"

"No.... you don't know what you're talking about. I'm right"

Unfortunately, these discussions often turn into heated arguments where being right or winning the debate seems to be more important than what is biblically true. 

Scholars have been called "satanic" by nationally renowned pastors simply because their views about last days differ from the pastor.

If we are honest with ourselves, can any of us really say that we know that our end-time view is 100% correct?

Well, there are possibly a few who would argue till "the cows come home" that they are 100000% correct and that God Himself will tell us so when we get to heaven.

But honestly, I think that many of us will be surprised at how things will happen. We should all hold our viewpoints loosely because we could easily be mistaken. God loves the humble soul.

So it's very possible that we can be mistaken as well.

In 46 BC, Cicero wrote to a friend saying   "You must hope for the best"........

I'm still convinced I'm right Joe. :)

• Haha 1