• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Without mentioning any names, but SOMEONE in this thread has been reported three times for insulting others, with comments about their walks in Christ. When others disagree with us, that does not mean we are right, and they are wrong, or that we are more spiritual than they. 

Keep to the facts
and skip the attacks

or you may find yourself locked out of the discussion, or even placed on Moderator Review, where you cannot post in any thread until a moderator approves it, that that can take days!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Without mentioning any names, but SOMEONE in this thread has been reported three times for insulting others, with comments about their walks in Christ. When others disagree with us, that does not mean we are right, and they are wrong, or that we are more spiritual than they. 

Keep to the facts
and skip the attacks

or you may find yourself locked out of the discussion, or even placed on Moderator Review, where you cannot post in any thread until a moderator approves it, that that can take days!

From what it looks like, only those who are reported are called out. 

What about those who do the same and go unreported? 

When your accused by someone of being a false teacher because the person doing the accusing cant tell the difference between the 7th seal and the 7th chapter, the problem is not the accused, it's the accusor. 

If you want a board full of people who do nothing but accuse, then that may be what you end up with. 

I'll tell you what, I'll go away for a year or so, and you can see if the board is better off without me. 

Later

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

34 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

When your accused by someone of being a false teacher because the person doing the accusing cant tell the difference between the 7th seal and the 7th chapter, the problem is not the accused, it's the accusor. 

If you want a board full of people who do nothing but accuse, then that may be what you end up with. 

I'll tell you what, I'll go away for a year or so, and you can see if the board is better off without me. 

Later

The answer is to examine oneself and see if perhaps some change isprudent, so as to be able to continue mutual betterment and understanding.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, Alive said:

The answer is to examine oneself and see if perhaps some change isprudent, so as to be able to continue mutual betterment and understanding.

When you agueing with someone who believes the word redemption is have your house burnt to the ground, half your family murdered, and being fed to the lions by the Romans, your not going to find betterment around a person like that. They simply can't understand what redemption means. 

I'll see how this board is in about a year or so. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A great many members who often posted good content that generates more study and learning are no longer here. In some cases, because there was also a disregard for the TOS.

This is sad and completely avoidable.

None of us are perfect, but all who are In Christ can improve when things are pointed out in love.

We mature with time and Grace.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Yes, those who are not reported, often go unnoticed. It is not the content that I was weighing in on, it was the behavior. If you want to leave, no one is stopping you, somehow I think the forum will survive, and not be affected much by your absence one way or the other. I'd rather you stay if you think you have something to contribute, but you should do what you think best!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

Your the one following commentaries as though they were the gospel. It's your choice who you wish to follow. 

So, show us in the bible where a generation means what you say. 

Gen 13:15

Then the LORD said to him, “Know for certain that for four hundred years your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own and that they will be enslaved and mistreated there.
But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions.

You, however, will go to your ancestors in peace and be buried at a good old age.

In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure.”

400 years devided by 4 generations =100 years. 

Hebrews 3:8-10 (KJV)

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
  9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
  10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

---The "generation of the wilderness" lasted for 40 years.

Job 42:16 (KJV) After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, even four generations.

---Each "generation" here was 35 years, on average.  The point being that a generation is from one level of ancestry to the next (i.e. father -> son -> grandson, etc.).  It is not based on how long people live.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Genesis 21:5

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.

Genesis 25 :26 

After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau’s heel;so he was named Jacob, Isaac was sixty years old when Rebeca gave birth. 

Genesis 5:6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Genesis 15:16In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure.”

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Genesis 15:16In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure.”

Generations are usually counted as being an estimated average length of time between one generation and the next.  This will vary from country to country, and from one time period to another.

• Well Said! 1