IGNORED

Why does The Holy Spirit snatch Philip away immediately after Philip shares The Gospel with the Ethiopian Bureaucrat Eunuch Government Official?

bartmac123

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, Michael37 said:

Act 8:39  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

One fluid movement. Spirited away. Seen no more by the newest member of the body of Christ.

Beam me  up Scotty.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If he wanted to explain himself, he would have.

God rarely explains himself.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

All right, I'll bite! Generally I shy away from questions regarding God that start with "Why"!

Why would be an okay question, curiosity is not harmful, but don't expect too much. Basically, if the test itself does not say "why" then any answers are just guesses!

Never the less, I'll make a guess.

The Ethiopian was already interested, wanting to know more about God, sincerely. He was having difficulty understanding a passage, and not having been educated (most likely) in the religion of the Hebrews, and not having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, he needed help.

I think we have a somewhat parallel situation in Acts 18:

24Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. 25He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit,d he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. 26He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. 27And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed, 28for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, showing by the Scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.

When the church was in it's infancy, there was no New Testament yet, the only scriptures were the Hebrew scriptures (and a Greek translation of them), so only a few people to begin with had a lot of understanding. God used Priscilla and Aquila to tutor Apollos, so that he could understand, what he did not yet understand.

In the case of Philip, God used him with the Ethiopian and that led to his conversion and baptism, presumably now a Christian, indwelled by the Spirit of God. he could grow from there and so for Philip, mission accomplished, so God wisked him off to whatever he had for him to do next. That is my guess!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

The same thing Holy Spirit Will snatch the church when their duty is over.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Only a comment. We all know it was a supernatural movement by the word harpazo, that indicates supernatural movement but not direction. In most cases directions or where is given. This must have been the ride of Phillip's life, or so fast he could not even enjoy it.