• Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

1-16-23

Jesus or God? Whom Are We Dealing With?

Good morning, Amen, When Jesus said: GOD is a spirit, I think He was not only talking to the woman at the well for worship but He was talking about the Spirit of GOD inside of Him, and to me, since GOD is a Spirit by these scriptures:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in..." “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” 1 Timothy 3:16,

Acts 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Walter and Deborah said:

1-16-23

Jesus or God? Whom Are We Dealing With?

Good morning, Amen, When Jesus said: GOD is a spirit, I think He was not only talking to the woman at the well for worship but He was talking about the Spirit of GOD inside of Him, and to me, since GOD is a Spirit by these scriptures:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in..." “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” 1 Timothy 3:16,

Acts 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

I think I read that 1 Tim. 3.16 was originally sung as a hymn.......

• Thumbs Up 1

John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16; Colossians 2.9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Who of God is without begin or end and has no limits in His Persons ... He simply stated Himself as 'I am that I am'... thus everything that is created can point to Him but cannot encompass Him- for that which has been began by Him cannot be that which has never began- a distinction of importance no matter the degree in which He increases us to His good pleasure...
So why say this? The reasoning is this: when we turn to our own created instance, both world and created images of Him, we cannot look to this to define Him... For Whom has no commitment to other for being and existing in Spirit substance God... Thus we have only the revealed Word from God to do so...

When we see this in scripture:

Matthew 3:16-17 (KJV)

[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

We see The Son of God (in flesh), which shall never be said of The Father or Holy Spirit, in the water. We also see in the same instance The Holy Spirit (Like a dove, not a dove) descending down from heaven and resting upon The Son. Also in the same instance we hear The Voice of The Father (from heaven) speaking of His pleasure in The Son...

Now God knows all things without end thus our limitations and so He details His Persons distinct in purpose, place, and activity... we naturally look to our own begin and in that which surrounds us to aid our understanding... but this can only be accepted not defined for that which began cannot encompass that which has not... 

We also see in the beginning the plurality of The Godhead:
Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This is so rightly interpreted from the Hebrew as everywhere 'God' is mentioned it is in the plural
image.png.69090f45d0ef4f5a1b8ab8d2e99eb774.png
image.png.03d9049ed717d092a2072f68f2a57485.png

So we see before the substance of creation was began God existed in the plurality of Persons yet 

Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)

[4] Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD...

Thus we are held in this singularity and plurality of God our Creator... we await His enlarging us to understand His awesome of Persons better... this is a diagram of what Scripture reveals:
image.png.cfcd75566f05131fbdda0daae9c67763.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

10 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

God is a Father, Jesus is not.  God deals with elders who are overseers of families for this reason.  

We love Jesus as He is mercifully dealing with mankind and He teaches us daily.  If we look for Him...He will be there doing something amazing, valiant or merciful.  But we can still go to God, ask Him what issues He is dealing with on earth for mankind.  These are important designations we can discover, which make our relationship with Creator more fluid in everyway. Amen. 

How that Jesus even proves Himself to be what people say that He is not/scripture

Jesus claims himself he is the resurrection and life. He came to give his life here and he did so by fulfilling the scripture that was foretold earlier from the mouth of prophets. Jesus was resurrected from his death and showed himself before his disciples and he stayed for forty days on this earth.What 8 Things Jesus Said About Himself In The Bible?

https://ourlivingbible.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/PictureQuotes1643287354_compress86-1024x683.webp

Jesus came on this earth and lived with his own creation to purchase them from the bondage of sins. He was born of a virgin according to the prophecy of the Old Testament and he was brought up and finally committed his life for the world.

He has said so many things concerning heaven, hell, and how to live here on this earth to please God and he also made some significant comments about himself that are to be given special attention.

The words of Jesus that he spoke about himself have a huge impact on our spiritual growth and help us to know who he really is what was his purpose of coming on this earth and how can we be saved by knowing the truth that he claimed about himself.

Jesus Says He Is The Bread Of Life

The Lord Jesus claims Himself as the bread of life and he who seeks him will never remain hungry. Because he is the source of spiritual food and no one will remain incomplete when he decides to receive him as his God and deliverer.

John 6:48 “I am that bread of life.”

John 6:35 “And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”

Jesus Claims Himself As The Vine

Jesus teaches his disciples to be connected with him in order to be fruitful in their ministries. He offerers himself as the vine and those who will remain in his words will be branches and they will always be evergreen and produce fruits.

John 15:5 “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”

Jesus Says That He Is The Light Of The World

There is no doubt that Jesus is the light of this world. His claims are really true and we can understand it while we accept him and follow him by faith. His words show us the light and we can see the impacts of sin and all of its works that separate us from the Lord. We all need Jesus in our lives in order to overcome the darkness that reigns in our lives.

John 9:5 “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

John 8:12 “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

Jesus Is The Good Shepherd

The Bible describes mankind as the sheep who are in need of a shepherd. Here, Jesus narrates himself as a good shepherd who gives his life to protect his own sheep. He did not hesitate to sacrifice himself to save his people from the wrath of God.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.”

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”

Jesus Is The Way, Truth, And Life

Jesus presents himself as the way, truth, and life. He fulfilled his words by his works. His words are effective when we trust him and follow him. In Jesus, we get the life that the Lord designs for us. We are complete in him. He shows us the way to heaven and in him, we get the path to be connected with our heavenly Father.

John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Jesus Is The Door

No one can reach heaven without receiving Jesus, as he alone is the door through him we can access the promises of the Father who made this wonderful world for us. And ahead of our death, we shall all be standing before his judgment. All these can be known only through Jesus that is why he claims himself as the door.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

John 10:7 “Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.”

Jesus Is The Resurrection And Life

Jesus claims himself he is the resurrection and life. He came to give his life here and he did so by fulfilling the scripture that was foretold earlier from the mouth of prophets. Jesus was resurrected from his death and showed himself before his disciples and he stayed for forty days on this earth. Thus his claims came in true.

John 11:25-26 “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

Jesus Offers Himself As Living Water

We all need to receive the Holy Spirit which makes us complete in Christ and fulfills the requirements of God to be in the kingdom of God. Jesus claims that if anyone is thirsty, he must come to him and drink the living water that is the Holy Spirit.

John 7:37-39 “On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.” 

Jesus Says Himself As Bridegroom

Jesus says himself bridegroom while he was being asked why his disciples did not fast. He answered them that one day he will be no more physically with them but at that time they will fast to have the presence of Him.

Matthew 9:15 “And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.”

All The Prophecies Fulfilled In Him

Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies that were told earlier concerning him. And we all know how the scriptures were fulfilled through his sufferings, death, and resurrection.

Luke 18:31 “Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished.”

Jesus Gives Everlasting Life

His faithful followers will be rewarded with everlasting life and they will live with him forever in heaven. Jesus claims that he is worthy to give us everlasting life and brought it into the light by shedding his blood on the cross.

John 6:47  “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.”

John 6:40 “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Jesus Is Sinless

Jesus asks one question about his holiness and he gave a challenge to his opponents to find out his sin. He shows himself as a sinless person as he was God in human form.

John 8:46 “Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Faith In Jesus Sets Free From Sin

Faith in Jesus sets us free from our sins. We must believe that Jesus is the father incarnate who came to pay the cost of man and sacrificed his precious blood for mankind.

John 8:24 “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

Jesus Came From Above

Another beautiful point Jesus mentions that is he is from above and he does not come from this earth. He lives in heaven and he knows everything that was going there.

John 8:23 “And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”

John 16:28  “I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”

Father Will Honor Who Serves Jesus

If we serve Jesus we shall be blessed. The Father will honor us due to our faith in Jesus and we will have an intimate relationship with the Lord.

John 12:26 “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.”

Jesus Talks About His Second Coming

It is true that one day Jesus will come again on this earth to take his people and on that day everyone will see him. His coming will bring a sudden change on this earth and he will come with his power and glory.

Mark 14:61-62 “But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.”

Jesus Is meek And Lowly

Jesus invites all those who are tired and gave up the hope of their lives. He called them to give the rest and to learn from him as he is humble and compassionate.

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

Father Dwells In Jesus

Jesus makes it known to his followers that in Him the Father dwells and he is doing according to the will of the Father. He also lives in the Father thus he says his divinity that makes to announce who he really is.

John 17:21 “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

Jesus Proclaims His Authority 

Jesus met his disciples after his resurrection and commissioned them to preach the gospel to the entire world. He informed them about the authority that he was given in heaven and on earth. 

Matthew 28:18 “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in the earth.”

Love, Walter

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

God is a Father, Jesus is not.  God deals with elders who are overseers of families for this reason. 

According to John, Jesus existed in the form of God before he set that aside and came as a man.   Jesus actually was Yahweh, the old testament God of Israel that interfaced with Moses.   John says that everything was made by him, so in reality Jesus/Yahweh created the universe.    So in a way he is the father of Adam for it was actually Yahweh that made him and eve out of his rib.

The problem most of us had/have is the original meaning of the word God/god.   In Hebrew and Greek, it refers to an entity or thing that we worship.  Same word used for the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Moloch, Baal and a whole list of Pagan gods.

I posted a lengthy post of how the three go together as our one God if you are interested.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Starise said:

I think I get what you are saying. Could it be some have a relationship with the Son, but are unaware of it? 

God Father and Jesus are far far away in unreachable heaven, Holy Spirit of Jesus is on earth. No Holy Spirit means no Jesus 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God Father and Jesus are far far away in unreachable heaven, Holy Spirit of Jesus is on earth. No Holy Spirit means no Jesus 

How did Jesus say to pray? Our Father who art in heaven...

On 1/16/2023 at 1:14 PM, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I must say, I converse with all 3, I thank the Father constantly for the Son, how he died a terrible death, who took the whole worlds sin on his shoulders, then I thank him for his precious Holy Spirit, whom without,I’d still be in this earth on my own, in what was a hell hole...without him, nothing worse than being an unbeliever and alienated from God....a living hell... my thoughts and testimony...

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Plenty of Scripture makes it clear that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all actively involved in the redemption of the believer.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/16/2023 at 2:28 AM, Joshua_Entangled said:

We love Jesus as He is mercifully dealing with mankind and He teaches us daily.  If we look for Him...He will be there doing something amazing, valiant or merciful.  But we can still go to God, ask Him what issues He is dealing with on earth for mankind.  These are important designations we can discover, which make our relationship with Creator more fluid in everyway. Amen. 

When you pray to the Father Jesus is at his right hand hearing your prayer. And he intercess for us. He speaks to God on our behalf. The holy spirit makes things more clear in what we need and say in our prayers. Every prayer the Trinity hears.