• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brothers & Sisters

I just read a reply from one of our Brothers that just blew me away.Ill not say who,he can say it himself if he cares to because this thread is not about him,it's about an ultimate,unimaginable,unthinkable sacrifice....

His reply was this: "I wish all could be Saved - I'd give up my own Salvation if it would Save everyone."

I was gobsmacked & immediately I replied " Wow,I'm not that selfless" Im really really overjoyed that that is not possible or an option so of course this Topic is just sharing my thoughts and wondering what y'all think?

Personally,I can't imagine sacrificing my Eternity with the Lord for ANYONE- so what does that say about me?Oh,this life- I'd gladly lay down my temporal life to save someone else's ,even to save someone's temporal life- and like Jesus Said I'd probably do it for an enemy as well if it would Save them- but give up God's Grace & face outer darkness,gnashing of teeth and eternal damnation.....WOW,no!

Thank God Jesus Did it- He Was Forsaken in my place,He Faced what I never have to face-being out of God's Presence   ..I did not think any human being could do that,I could not,not willingly

Anyway,anyone else?- am I alone with my selfish self here?I love Jesus ,I strive for Perfection and Desire to Represent Him BUT.....I just thought of Abraham,taking his own son up to the nountain- sheesh,that's nothing compared to be willing to sacrifice ones own Salvation ..

Just me thinking out loud again

In His Love& even more Grateful after thinking about all of this!        Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I just read a reply from one of our Brothers that just blew me away.Ill not say who,he can say it himself if he cares to because this thread is not about him,it's about an ultimate,unimaginable,unthinkable sacrifice....

His reply was this: "I wish all could be Saved - I'd give up my own Salvation if it would Save everyone."

I was gobsmacked & immediately I replied " Wow,I'm not that selfless" Im really really overjoyed that that is not possible or an option so of course this Topic is just sharing my thoughts and wondering what y'all think?

Personally,I can't imagine sacrificing my Eternity with the Lord for ANYONE- so what does that say about me?Oh,this life- I'd gladly lay down my temporal life to save someone else's ,even to save someone's temporal life- and like Jesus Said I'd probably do it for an enemy as well if it would Save them- but give up God's Grace & face outer darkness,gnashing of teeth and eternal damnation.....WOW,no!

Thank God Jesus Did it- He Was Forsaken in my place,He Faced what I never have to face-being out of God's Presence   ..I did not think any human being could do that,I could not,not willingly

Anyway,anyone else?- am I alone with my selfish self here?I love Jesus ,I strive for Perfection and Desire to Represent Him BUT.....I just thought of Abraham,taking his own son up to the nountain- sheesh,that's nothing compared to be willing to sacrifice ones own Salvation ..

Just me thinking out loud again

In His Love& even more Grateful after thinking about all of this!        Kwik

The Apostle Paul said that too in Romans 9.  I think he meant it.

Me - maybe for my disabled brother - but I don't think I could for anyone else.  Thank  God it doesn't work that way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Just now, Jayne said:

The Apostle Paul said that too in Romans 9.  I think he meant it.

Me - maybe for my disabled brother - but I don't think I could for anyone else.  Thank  God it doesn't work that way.

Thanks Jayne--- I was just this moment thinking of that Scripture & couldn't remember where Paul Said it!

Yes yes- Romans 9:3 ... He would cut himself off from Christ IF.  .. ah,thank you- this ole gal is slippin:wub:

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Thanks Jayne--- I was just this moment thinking of that Scripture & couldn't remember where Paul Said it!

Yes yes- Romans 9:3 ... He would cut himself off from Christ IF.  .. ah,thank you- this ole gal is slippin:wub:

And oh yes- thank God it doesn't work that way!!!!!

Your another one that blows my mind- I wouldn't do it for my own child,I really don't believe I would.... It's unthinkable to me!

Torture me,beat me,burn me and kill this body for another,especially a loved one but Eternity,that's a long time!No

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Yeah, I'm not either, and the notion rubs me the wrong way a bit though that may be because of the first time I was exposed to someone saying similar. As a idiot teenager I did the unequally yoked thing and dated someone who was into occult things and had some pretty severe issues. She said similar, that she identified with Jesus and often accepted the blame for things that weren't really her fault. I talked to the pastor's wife about it. Her take was that there's an element of self elevation involved since it seeks, consciously or not, to be on the same level as our Lord. At the time I thought she was being a little harsh. Now that the attraction has long since worn off maybe the pastor's wife was right.

In any case I think even with the most well meaning person, and no offense intended to anyone who's said they'd give up their salvation for others, there's a problem. It's a position that involves things that at best we're seeing through a glass darkly like Paul said. At best. We've surely seen the hand of the Father and felt His presence, but we haven't seen Him. Neither have we seen the joys of Heaven or witnessed the torment of Hell, much less experienced it. With that in mind I don't think anyone could truly and rightly say they'd give up their salvation for others. Jesus on the other hand went into it with full knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

And oh yes- thank God it doesn't work that way!!!!!

Your another one that blows my mind- I wouldn't do it for my own child,I really don't believe I would.... It's unthinkable to me!

It is unthinkable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

It's an impossible thing to do, sister. Does anyone believe that the Lord, to whom nothing is impossible, would honor this petition?

Of course not. Just so everyone knows, I'm not the brother whom kwik is referring to in the OP. However...

When the Lord sent me to the mountains, and I witnessed the horror that my adopted mother was going through, I said to Him, "My life for hers." We were strangers at that time, and I was willing to die so she would have the opportunity to live (the circumstances made that inevitable). I didn't know her and she didn't know me, but this was how God brought us together and gave us something astonishing beyond words.

My mother had disowned me, and this woman had her only son taken away minutes after he was born. Indeed, her only son was born six days before I was. Not only that, but her other child and her entire family had abandoned her.

So, the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to honor the mother who was denied to me, and He gave her a son who would stand by her side in the face of death. I was more than willing. I was born to do this!

She was bitter and resentful of the Lord, and she blamed Him for the terrible things she suffered by the hands of her Christian relatives. Oh, how she hated Christians!

Ah, but she didn't know that I belong to the Lord, for the Spirit silenced my tongue. She was not to learn the truth until after He delivered her with a mighty hand...

And then, when I was dying, she unwittingly joined herself to the work of the Lord by treating me as her own. She refused to abandon me, promising to care for me until the end. She gave me food to eat... she gave me clothing to wear... and she soothed me when the pain made me cry out. 

She loved me with no expectation of reward. In His wisdom, the Lord provided this woman with a wordless demonstration of His love so when the time came to learn the truth, everything she thought she knew about Jesus Christ would be utterly destroyed.

When the Lord displayed His power in me, bringing me back to life before her eyes, she was undone. Not only did Jesus Christ deliver her from a gang of murderous men, but He gave her someone to love her unconditionally in the darkest of times when everyone she knew left her for dead. 

When I told her what she had witnessed in those mountains, and that the Lord had done this by His own hand for her sake, she had a meltdown of astonishing proportions. She lashed out at me in rage!

The Lord told me it would be so, and that it would take the passage of time for her heart to soften like it was during her youth when she came to Him. I was broken for her sake, kwik. I feared for her greatly, to the point where I would gladly give her my portion.

It wasn't necessary nor even possible. Our Father's House has many mansions! :)

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I just read a reply from one of our Brothers that just blew me away.Ill not say who,he can say it himself if he cares to because this thread is not about him,it's about an ultimate,unimaginable,unthinkable sacrifice...

If we really have compassion How about first saving other people in desperate need of kidney or eye transplant ? By donating our organs.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Would he give up one hour a day/week/month to share the gospel, to help save just one instead? 

What if every born again believer did this?

Can you imagine?...:)

• Thumbs Up 1