• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

52 minutes ago, Biblican said:

I appreciate your insight.

Yes, I think some paranormal activity is demonic. That is one reason we are forbidden to communicate with the dead. I do believe though that some manifestations are souls, people who were sinners as all people, but not inherently evil. There are people that are good and do a lot of good things even though they are not saved. I don't see that type of person rating the level of torment that is in hell. No one can ascend into heaven after death unless they receive Jesus and their souls have been unified with the Holy Spirit, so they must remain in this dimension until the second resurrection. The main point of recognizing that a soul can be trapped here is to give people who don't believe in hell another option. Being trapped as a ghost is not a pleasant experience. They still have their memories, regrets and feelings, plus the torment of wondering, "How did I end up in this condition?"

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Please support this with scripture. There is nothing in the bible that i see that supports souls who were not evil wandering the earth. It may sound good but it isnt scriptural.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hauntings, ghosts, and the paranormal are popular secular subjects plastered on many television programs, books, and UFO programs. I do not doubt the existence of the so-called ghosts, paranormal and dimensional realm, but they are biblically based. Some questions to ask about these souls, are they spirits:

·         Are they benevolent or malevolent tricksters?

·         Do they point to or away from Jesus Christ?

These days the world is consumed with the paranormal, UFOs, demi-gods, Titians, and superheroes in place of Jesus. For too many reasons to discuss and document, I believe no human soul wanders the earth and menaces the living.

It is my belief these so-called hauntings and apparitions are geographical demons. Some demons are more evil and powerful than their cohorts:

Mark 9:29 (KJV) And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

I also believe that some paranormal activity is demonic, but not all. I saw my grandfather after he died. He was a good man but was not a born again Christian. Ghosts don't necessarily menace the living. Many of them are in abandoned houses where there are no people to menace. My point in writing this is to show an alternative to those who want to discredit the existence of hell. The paranormal can be proven.  We can point to that as an example of another level of hell, and another reason to receive Jesus so they do not become trapped here. In that respect, the belief in the paranormal can be used to bring people to Christ.

The "kind that comes out with prayer and fasting" are lineage demons or familiar spirits. They are invited into the family line usually through members involved in witchcraft. They remain in the line inhabiting the weakest links. That's why Jesus asked when it came into the child. It was there from early childhood. Those spirits skip generations, always seeking the youngest. They believe they have a right to remain because they were invited in and that is why they resist deliverance. They are usually more difficult to remove and no demon can come out of anyone if the host wants it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

33 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Please support this with scripture. There is nothing in the bible that i see that supports souls who were not evil wandering the earth. It may sound good but it isnt scriptural.

I did in my article. I showed that there are two places where the dead are retrieved, hell and the sea. The sea and waters are used symbolically in scripture to represent this life. David mentions the lowest hell suggesting that there are levels. From these scriptures, coupled with the evidences we have of paranormal activity in this dimension I believe it is a logical conclusion. Demons can wander, ghosts normally don't. They seek physical dwelling places.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Those verses dont support the notion of ghosts being souls of dead humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

ghosty wobbles and goolys. arnt we  supposed to be turfing them out.not welcoming them in with open arms.

wonder if Eph 5v12 is relevant.

as for souls wandering the earth i cant see it,spirits yes.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I kick them out.  Ghosts are not departed humans.  There is no scriptural support for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hebrews 9:27

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"

2 Corinthians 5:8

"We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."

I've found nothing in scripture to indicate the souls of the dead wander the earth.  Even in the parable of The Rich Man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) we see that the souls of the deal are restricted to either Hades or Abraham's Bosom, never free to wander around.  It's just another lie from the father of lies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hell is mentioned in many dozens of Scriptures throughout the Bible.

There are five departments in the underworld of departed Spirits, not one of these places is associated with or is the grave where bodies are buried.

These five departments are;

One). Paradise, which we are speaking of here;

In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31). This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11). Before Jesus Christ conqured the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11. Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison. Jesus having conqured Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11). Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18). Rightious souls who die now no longer go here. They go straight to Heaven when they die.

Two). Tartarus; This prison is the special prison for the fallen angels that sinned both before and after the flood. There is nothing recorded in Scripture that teaches demons or human beings ever go into this prison. In these passages it is clear that there is a real Hell that is not the grave and that Spirit beings are confined in chains until judgment (1 Pet. 3:19; 2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7).

Three). Hell itself; (Matt. 16:18; Luke 16:19-31). This is the torment part in the unseen world and was, still is, and will yet be the abode of all the wicked souls and spirits of men from Able to the end of the Millennium. Then, at this time all the wicked will be liberated out of this prison and will be given their own immortal bodies and be judged before being cast into the "lake of fire" forever (Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).

Four). The Bottomless Pit or Abyss is the abode or prison of demons and certain angelic beings. No human being is ever thrown into the abyss. It is a very deep chasm in the lower parts of the Earth. It is translated "deep" (Luke 8:26-31; Romans 10:7) and "Bottomless Pit" in Rev. 9:1-3, 11; 11:7; 17:8; 20:1-10). All these Scriptures prove that there are prisons in the lower parts of the Earth for departed sinning spirits, and they are not and could never be the same as a grave on the surface of the Earth.

And Five). The Lake of Fire, is the eternal Hell and perdition of wicked men, demons, fallen angels, and all rebellious creatures of all ages who have ever rebelled against God, and who have refused to repent when they could have. It is called "The Gehenna of Fire" and is always translated Hell (Matt. 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43-45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6). This prison is also called "the second death, which is the lake of fire" (Rev. 2:11; 20:6, 14). This final Hell was prepared for the devil and all his angels (Matt. 25:41-46), and for all other rebells, and it is ETERNAL in duration (Rev. 14:9-14; 20:10-15; Isa. 66:22-24; Matt. 25:46). There is no record in Scripture of anyone being the lake of fire at present. Scripture does show that the beast and the false prophet will be the first to be cast into it. This will happen before the Millennium (Rev. 19:20). They will still be there 1,000 years later when the devil and all other rebels will be cast into it (Rev. 20:10-15).

Scripture also teaches that there will be degrees of punishment in Hell as far as remorse and torment of the conscience is concerned (Matt. 10:15; 11:22; 12:41; 23:14; Mark 6:11; 12:40; Luke 10:14; 11:31, 32; 20:47).

In the near future, men on Earth will be able to look into a real burning Hell under the Earth. This is plainly stated in Isa. 66:22-24 where the prophet predicts that all natural men in the new Earth will be able to look into Hell upon the men that have sinned against God. Rev. 14:9-11 also proves that men will be tormented in the presence of God and the angels forever. These passages are literal and be understood just as they read.

Isa. 66:22-24.  

22, For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 

23, And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 

24, And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. 

Scripture teaches that the people who knew each other on Earth and end up in Hell will know each other there. 

"For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but THEN shall I know even as I am known" (1 Cor. 13:12). 

We are told in 1 Cor. 15:25-58. and Phil. 3:20 - 21, that every person will be resurrected with the same kind of body that was sown in the ground and every person will have "his own body"; so naturally if we know each other here we shall know each other in Heaven or Hell. In Luke 16;19:31, the rich man while in Hell knew Lazarus; so will anyone else know whomever he sees whom he knew on Earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Whatever people see, or think that they see, it was never human. 

10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?

11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:

12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Job 14:10-12

For the living know that they shall die; but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

ECCLESIASTES 9:5

Death does not grant the ability to do anything. Even if they were not asleep, which they seem to be, they can not interact with the living, or be seen by the living. If previous generations could pop up, they would not be forgotten. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

From the perspective of a deep research of the Occult many years ago and actually walking among the dark ones for nearly ten years, I can say that paranormal activity is all from the spirit world and virtually all from demonic activity.   I've lived with demons and studied and witnessed all kinds of rituals and pretty much know for sure that there are no ghosts.   They are all demonic activity and occasionally in serious circumstances a fallen angel.

The reason you don't read a lot about them in the bible is because the bible was not penned to teach one about the dark side.   It was penned to introduce us to the Lord and how to be with him.   There are books and places to learn of the dark ones, but I  really would not recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 1