• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Sister the point of that exercise and a handful of others that the Lord took me through was essentially, "this stuff is real and no joke--pay attention"

As with each of us, we are prepared for different things down the line.

One of the things the Lord did there was to exercise me to be able to 'sense wrongness'.

That experience has come in handy many times over the years. I was around 24-25 at the time.

These things are also 'faith builders' and in those dark moments of doubt we are all subject to, He reminds us and there by are sustained. One thing that I have learned is that the Lord is faithful to care for His own and there is no such thing as coincidence.

The Good Shepherd is constant....think about that. Constant.

Sometimes as I reflect on the past it seems like a dream,I have to remember the dark dark wilderness the Lord Brought me out of and into His Marvelous Light.... Now it gets a little cloudy and I forget what the darkness really is,it is real and no joke

What these eyes have seen,should last a lifetime but we do tend to forget,don't we? This was a good reminder for me that it could be much worse ...thanks for the testimony,Praise Jesus!

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.41
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Sometimes as I reflect on the past it seems like a dream,I have to remember the dark dark wilderness the Lord Brought me out of and into His Marvelous Light.... Now it gets a little cloudy and I forget what the darkness really is,it is real and no joke

What these eyes have seen,should last a lifetime but we do tend to forget,don't we? This was a good reminder for me that it could be much worse ...thanks for the testimony,Praise Jesus!

Amen! I struggle with that all the time. It has helped me--at least--I think it does--that I have written many things down and I am greatly blessed reviewing them.

Frankly, sometimes, it seems like it was someone else and not me.

One of the lessons regarding this sort of issue that He showed me was a wee illustration to help with what He said, "take no thought for the morrow, because it will take care of itself...etc"

He showed me that we each carry around on our shoulder a sack and in that sack we collect the things of the days before, of today and also the cares of tomorrow. He showed me the importance of being diligent to empty the sack now and then because today gets real busy when we cram yesterdays and tomorrows into it...thus weighing us down.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Exactly the point D.   

I'm having difficulty today as well,staying on the page,so to speak.     I was on the right path, following God's Lead & then POW,distracted! So thats why I zipped my lips abruptly and quit right there---- I knew you'd Receive it though and Praise the Lord,He's So Good.....

I don't like to keep talking after I find myself walking off course... Better to just stop talking,surely the point was made and you confirmed that with Scripture

Ever go to church and hear a Rhema Word,the Preacher is on fire and then - it is Finished! But the preacher keeps going anyway and you start saying to yourself" I think Holy Spirit has left the building,where's the Amen and see ya next Sunday?"lol

You know I did!!!  I have been working on something like 'zip the lip' but it is more about STOPPING whenever I find myself responding from a point of anger and pride rather than compassion and duty and waiting till I don't have a care in the world to continue on  :26:

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I have been working on something like 'zip the lip' but it is more about STOPPING whenever I find myself responding from a point of anger and pride rather than compassion and duty and waiting till I don't have a care in the world to continue on  :26:

I always reread a post before I hit the submit button....   It's surprising the number of times the spirit says, "No, you can't post that" and I have to just delete a whole post and go on or completely rewrite it.   Sometimes I don't even know why.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, other one said:

I always reread a post before I hit the submit button....   It's surprising the number of times the spirit says, "No, you can't post that" and I have to just delete a whole post and go on or completely rewrite it.   Sometimes I don't even know why.

Just did that before I click on this.  

I have deleted posts because of multiple little problems like it won't highlight, then it pauses, then the mouse battery dies and IT's good bye post.  

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.41
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

14 hours ago, other one said:

Yup.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

14 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Just did that before I click on this.  

I have deleted posts because of multiple little problems like it won't highlight, then it pauses, then the mouse battery dies and IT's good bye post.  

Amen! Funny how we don't always see how " obstacles" are often our Lord Helping us not to go that way!!!!

I can't tell you how many times I end up in some awful traffic jam when I'm supposed to be somewhere at a specific time(or so I thought)and then suddenly I think" maybe God Put this obstacle in my path so I'd go another way to avoid something ahead or stopped me from arriving when something bad would have happened ......Obstacles?

We should always consider our words,are we reacting or responding mindfully? And still,the HELPER helps( lost the post you spent 10 minutes writing! Lol).   Praise Jesus,give God Glory in all things❤️

• Loved it! 1