• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The Gog/Magog event happens in the next age some time after the 1000 years of peace.

The same nations that make up the Ezekiel 38/39 pre Jesus return event will also participate in the last rebellion in Revelation 20.    But the two passages, the one in Ezekiel 38/39 and the one at the end of the thousand years, are not referring to the same event.

-------------------------------------

Gog/Magog in Ezekiel 39 is 7 years before Jesus returns.   In Ezekiel 39:21-29 is Jesus Himself speaking in the text having return to this earth to rule over the nations.

21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

The Jews (Judaism) currently don't believe that Jesus is the LORD their God.   But come Jesus's return, they will so believe.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, douggg said:

King of Israel

To me the King of Israel reference just means a Descendant of David and is not applicable to the current parliamentary democracy or her prime minister. This said king would need to have sway over every major religion to fulfill the prophecies. The power dynamics then will not resemble our current state.

56 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

To me the King of Israel reference just means a Descendant of David and is not applicable to the current parliamentary democracy or her prime minister. This said king would need to have sway over every major religion to fulfill the prophecies. The power dynamics then will not resemble our current state.

There have actually been only three Kings of Israel (humanly speaking) historically.   Both were anointed by a known prophetic.

First was Saul by Samuel the prophet.

Second was David by Samuel the prophet.

Third, his son Solomon by Nathan the prophet.

Following Solomon's death the nation of Israel divided into two kingdoms- north and south.

----------------------------------------

I agree that the current status of Israel is not that of a kingship.    The current nation though, territorially speaking, north and south, has been reunited.

Some say that the current parliamentary democracy with prime minister form of rule resembles the period that Israel was governed by Judges.

Edited by douggg

Gog/Magog in Ezekiel 39 is 7 years before Jesus returns.

The early prophecies are too vague to gather that kind of detail in the metadata. the Gog and Magog of Revelation provides better insight into the extended meaning that was eluded to in Ezekiel's account.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94

4 minutes ago, douggg said:

There have actually only been two Kings of Israel (humanly speaking) historically.

When you speak of the King of Israel, are you spealing of a King over the whole of Israel, all the tribes, both the northern and southern southern, or are you speaking of Judah?

north and south

The north and south reference took place over an extended period of time involving multiple "kings" accumulating in the Maccabean revolt. There is metadata embedded referencing the end times using the events of that time. A strict interpretation to modern geopolitical events is sketchy at best, with many contradictions to later more detailed prophecy in Revelation. The two are not a one to one correlation.

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

The early prophecies are too vague to gather that kind of detail in the metadata. the Gog and Magog of Revelation provides better insight into the extended meaning that was eluded to in Ezekiel's account.

The event in Revelation 20 does not allow for the activity that takes place in Ezekiel 38/39.   

Following the Revelation 20 event, the scene is followed by Satan cast into the lake of fire, and death and hell cast into the lake of fire, and then the great resurrection, simultaneous with the destruction of this current heaven and earth, followed by the Great White Throne judgment.

Contrasting to in Ezekiel 38/39....7 months of burying the dead of Gog's army....7 years of burning the weapons....then another big war (Armageddon)....then Jesus returned to this present earth, speaking in verses 21-29.

14 minutes ago, FJK said:

When you speak of the King of Israel, are you spealing of a King over the whole of Israel, all the tribes, both the northern and southern southern, or are you speaking of Judah?

The whole of Israel.  Before Saul, God was the King of Israel, but the people demanded a king like the surrounding nations.

btw, I want to correct myself, I left out Saul as the first King of Israel.    I will go back and edit my post.

------------------------------------

That the people of Israel demanded a king over them like the surrounding nations is in 1Samuel12:

12 And when ye saw that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon came against you, ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when the LORD your God was your king.

Edited by douggg

3 minutes ago, douggg said:

Revelation 20 does not allow for the activity that takes place in Ezekiel

Time is relative in prophecy. Each vision standards independently in regards to the scope of time inferred. Would be exceeding frustrating to transfer it all into one time scale on an academic level.

6 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Time is relative in prophecy. Each vision standards independently in regards to the scope of time inferred. Would be exceeding frustrating to transfer it all into one time scale on an academic level.

The way to be certain that Gog and Magog in Revelation 20 is not the same event as Ezekiel 38/39 is....

1. Revelation 20 event is after Jesus has returned to this earth.

2. Ezekiel 38/39 Gog/Magog event is before Jesus returns to this earth.