The_Truth_Seeker

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I like to see how others see this verse, but what does this sound like? 

Lately I have come across something very interesting, something called  "BDS Movement" (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions).  The manner in which Rev 18.11-13 describes the details appear to give the impression that "Babylon" has been subjected to some form of "retaliation" on a economic scale? Could we be looking at sanctions or embargoes? 

There must be some reason as to why no one wants to do business with the entities (whether it be individuals or companies) concerned? 

I have heard theories about USA being Babylon, and even China, but I don't think it is either of them. That is my opinion anyways.

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

Therefore her plagues will come in one day

death and grief and famine—

and she will be consumed by fire,

for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”

Lament over Babylon

9Then the kings of the earth who committed sexual immorality and lived in luxury with her will weep and wail at the sight of the smoke rising from the fire that consumes her 10In fear of her torment, they will stand at a distance and cry out:

“Woe, woe to the great city,

the mighty city of Babylon!

For in a single hour

your judgment has come.”

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I believe wholeheartedly it is America. The judgment is against mother of harlots (apostate religious system), and the 8th beast (civil system.)

Yes, it is over economics that God is able to put in the hearts of the ten kings (European/middle east) nations to enter into a deceptive agreement with them, only as a means of buying time to betray and destroy them.

Nowadays, that would be called doing business as usual.

Here is my perspective.

Edited by BlindSeeker

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

Babylon is apostate Israel.

No one will buy their merchandise anymore after Iran and the other Muslim nations have attacked the  prostitute and destroyed her.It takes place after apostate Israel persecutes the body of Christ for 3.5 years.

It's at the time of recompense.

Jerimiah 51:11

Sharpen the arrows, take up the shields! The LORD has stirred up the kings of the Medes, because his purpose is to destroy Babylon. The LORD will take vengeance, vengeance for his temple.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Of course, various views abound on this subject, and I do not claim to have the correct view. The way I interpret it, there are two Babylons in Revelation: spiritual Babylon and commercial Babylon. They are both destroyed in different manners and times. Revelation 18:11-13 is centered explicitly on commercial Babylon.

America could be the "daughter of Babylon" (Zec. 2:7; Jer. 51:33) and commercial Babylon. If Tarshish is Britain, America, Canada, and Australia could be the young lions (daughters) that broke off from Britain (Eze. 38:13).

The bankers and Wall Street in New York City and London, England, are the earth's most powerful and influential economic centers. Both are associated with the best luxury item stores on earth, global commerce, trading, shipping, and investment.

MER´CHANT, n. [Fr. marchand; It. mercante; Sp. merchante; Arm. marchadour; from L. mercor, to buy.]

1. A man who trafficks or carries on trade with foreign countries, or who exports and imports goods and sells them by wholesale.

2. In popular usage, any trader, or one who deals in the purchase and sale of goods.1

1 Webster, Noah. Noah Webster's First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language., Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006.

At first glance, one may think China fulfills this description of these merchants. New York City and London have a long history of dealing with and trading all the luxury items listed. For example, one can order fresh lobster from these two locations and deliver it the same day or the next almost anywhere on Earth.

New York City and London probably have more gold and silver in their vaults than Fort Knox. Whether there is any gold left in Fort Knox is still a decades-long guarded mystery, and that is another topic.

Slaves and souls of men: The last in the list of commodities, this dovetails back to the Roman Empire and the slave trade, a profitable and lucrative business. In our generation, human trafficking has become a scourge once again and is exponentially exploding. Hollywood, elitists, and merchants are trying to cover up the extent of this problem, but some insiders in the know are trying to expose the truth.

The forming of oligarchies like Amazon, banking, digital currency, news, and social media are becoming quite interesting.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

I like to see how others see this verse, but what does this sound like? 

Lately I have come across something very interesting, something called  "BDS Movement" (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions).  The manner in which Rev 18.11-13 describes the details appear to give the impression that "Babylon" has been subjected to some form of "retaliation" on a economic scale? Could we be looking at sanctions or embargoes? 

There must be some reason as to why no one wants to do business with the entities (whether it be individuals or companies) concerned? 

I have heard theories about USA being Babylon, and even China, but I don't think it is either of them. That is my opinion anyways.

It's important to realize that Babylon is primarily spiritual.  It is the effect of Satan's kingdom on the human race.  It started in the Garden of Eden and will continue until the return of Christ.  Along the way, it manifests itself in different ways in the natural realm, the city and tower of Babel being its namesake.  In the last days, it is pictured as a harlot, the symbolism most often used of apostate Israel.  Apostate Israel in these last days resides primarily in western culture.

The beast and his ten horns bring down the harlot according to Rev 17.  The rest of the world is wising up to the harlot's monkey business and are being guided by the beast and his horns to being about her demise.  It will be a multi-faceted takedown led by Russia and China.  And, yes, there will be an economic aspect to it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,162
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

I believe wholeheartedly it is America. The judgment is against mother of harlots (apostate religious system), and the 8th beast (civil system.)

Yes, it is over economics that God is able to put in the hearts of the ten kings (European/middle east) nations to enter into a deceptive agreement with them, only as a means of buying time to betray and destroy them.

Nowadays, that would be called doing business as usual.

Here is my perspective.

Technically the DC capitol  complex is not a part of the United States of America. Is is possible that is Babylon?

• Interesting! 1

The day of the Lord.

On the day of the Lord when all the nations come against Jerusalem ,Babylon is attacked .Their house are ransacked and their wives raped.

Now ,here is a simple question.

If all nations have come against Jerusalem on the day of the Lord ,ransacking the houses and raping the women as in zech 14:1-2,then how could they be anywhere else on the day of the Lord ransacking the houses and raping the women in Isaiah 13:16?

Pay attention to scripture.

Zech 14

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Isaiah 13

13 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

PS

The Medes fired 200 missiles and drones at Babylon today.

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-796838

This is not even the beginning of the end though. The real attack comes 3.5 years after the king of the north gives israel it's armed forces to defend Israel.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

As far as Israel being Babylon, I see no scriptural basis for it, especially in the usage of “Babylon” in the latter half of Revelation. Clearly, Jerusalem by God Himself is referred to as "the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."  But just because it is called "the great city" in Rev. 11:8, doesn't mean it is “that great city Babylon” mentioned in chapters 14-18, for the phrase “that great city” is used again, being mentioned in  Rev. 21:10 of the “New Jerusalem – “And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.”

Babylon, strictly speaking, was but the capital of Chaldea, it too being “a great city,” and therefore the usage of “Babylon” is synonymous with the Chaldean empire. But Nineveh also was called “a great city,” as well as the cities Gideon and Ai, though Ai was admittedly not “as great” of a city.

Furthermore, Jerusalem is not a port city, so why would “the merchants of the earth weep over her burning?” And wherein have they been “made rich, all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness?” 

I certainly feel it takes considerably more squinting of the eye to see Israel as this prophetic “Babylon” than America which fits the description comfortably.

BTW, a fun fact, there is a Babylon, New York, on the water just 20 miles from New York City. Also, New York City was the original capital of the USA, where George Washington was sworn in back in 1789.

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Of course, various views abound on this subject, and I do not claim to have the correct view. The way I interpret it, there are two Babylons in Revelation: spiritual Babylon and commercial Babylon. They are both destroyed in different manners and times. Revelation 18:11-13 is centered explicitly on commercial Babylon.

America could be the "daughter of Babylon" (Zec. 2:7; Jer. 51:33) and commercial Babylon. If Tarshish is Britain, America, Canada, and Australia could be the young lions (daughters) that broke off from Britain (Eze. 38:13).

The bankers and Wall Street in New York City and London, England, are the earth's most powerful and influential economic centers. Both are associated with the best luxury item stores on earth, global commerce, trading, shipping, and investment.

MER´CHANT, n. [Fr. marchand; It. mercante; Sp. merchante; Arm. marchadour; from L. mercor, to buy.]

1. A man who trafficks or carries on trade with foreign countries, or who exports and imports goods and sells them by wholesale.

2. In popular usage, any trader, or one who deals in the purchase and sale of goods.1

1 Webster, Noah. Noah Webster's First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language., Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006.

At first glance, one may think China fulfills this description of these merchants. New York City and London have a long history of dealing with and trading all the luxury items listed. For example, one can order fresh lobster from these two locations and deliver it the same day or the next almost anywhere on Earth.

New York City and London probably have more gold and silver in their vaults than Fort Knox. Whether there is any gold left in Fort Knox is still a decades-long guarded mystery, and that is another topic.

Slaves and souls of men: The last in the list of commodities, this dovetails back to the Roman Empire and the slave trade, a profitable and lucrative business. In our generation, human trafficking has become a scourge once again and is exponentially exploding. Hollywood, elitists, and merchants are trying to cover up the extent of this problem, but some insiders in the know are trying to expose the truth.

The forming of oligarchies like Amazon, banking, digital currency, news, and social media are becoming quite interesting.

Good post. Thanks.

4 hours ago, other one said:

Technically the DC capitol  complex is not a part of the United States of America. Is is possible that is Babylon?

Technically. But I hear Trump wants to change that, and sorry, I have no source for that. 
But I would respond that it is impossible to separate it from the nation in reference to the wrath of God.