RGR

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

I huffed underneath my breath and went over, IN THEIR SIGHT, and straightened up the mess. No matter how many times I did it, they didn't get the message

You could have huffed and puffed them right out the store :blink:

Good I'm not shopping in your store, you be mad at me too !!!!! :24:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

I hear ya, Ronald. It seems courtesy and common manners are a thing of the past. Self-centered and "it's all about ME" is IN.

I don't think it's your job to deal with these types. Your job is to run the department and offer good customer service, but I don't think it's your job to be a whipping boy for self centered types, but that's JMO. An opinion that comes from someone who has worked in service fields, lol.

Keep on keepin' on with the example of how to be a CONSIDERATE customer. Maybe it will sink in to someone someday. :blink:

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I try to be so careful when I go somewhere and make sure I put it back the way I found it! I even make sure now to return my buggies to the little corrals they have set up, lol! I just wish more people would heed that thought, lol!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  887
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

One thing that we deal with is a lot of shoplifters; no kidding! They are very brazen, even to the point of walking into our shoe dpt. while we're busy, taking off their old shoes and putting on new ones. They then put their old ones in the box and walk on out the door! Dave (Icy_Phoenix here on Worthy), who helps me a lot w/ shoes on weekends, and I at one time last year were keeping a running total of empty boxes-we were on course to lose over $20K worth of shoes and we're not even that big of a store. After a while you come to recognize some of these people as trouble and I will follow them around the store if need be. Last year, two ole gals decided they would threaten me, and then a few months thereafter one shoplifter slammed our store manager into the glass door, so I've learned to keep my distance, lol! You can usually tell the ones who are causing trouble, too. Normal people don't have an objection if I'm over close to them straightening, but generally the problematic ones start in muttering between themselves about how "we're not gonna shop here. They treat us like a thief and all we're doing is shopping" and other sort of stuff.

Oh well, I guess I've rambled enough, lol!

I did my work experience in a perfume department of a local department store and we were always getting shop lifters- one couple stole a set of perfume worth over

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

yes, everyone needs one of those terrible jobs once in thier lives. I like my fast food job, but it is hectic sometimes. And funny sometimes! ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/25/1951

Hey Ron,

I can relate to your feelings about that element. I say element because they are not your every day customers even if they actually come in daily.

I do not know how long you have worked in retail but I started in retail grocery management a few years before you were born so I really do understand just what runs through your mind at times and how immediately afterwards you pray for forgiveness of your bad thoughts. Some one in an earlier reply made the statement that the customer is always right. Well back in the early years that was the first thing a newbie was taught and today it still is. However no matter what type of retail you work in the customer base has changed big time. That is why I called those type of customers elements, as they are the type that you must follow due to known or suspected shoplifters. The last ten years of my 33+ years in retail grocery I worked in the inner city type stores in our discount or box style grocery store and we had to have armed guards in our stores from open to close. In that type of store their is no frills so the staff is very small and the work load very high so we had gotten to the point with those kind of customers,(known or suspected shoplifters), that as manager we would just alert the guard to stay up front by the doors then we would just walk right up to them and ask do you intend to make a purchase because I have to much to do to spend my time following you around so if you are not then just vacate the store. They usually would leave quietly because the other customers around them would sometimes know them and they would make comments to the person like " you know that you have no money and if your type gets this store closed down from losses like the others we will run you out of the neighborhood."

It's sad how bad things have changed but as in anything else we can not go backwards in time. Our country needs to get back to the family spending more time together and changing the way kids are raised today. I was born in 51 in a very small village of less than 2000 people and the family bond and proper and respectful teachings and Sunday school and church every Sunday was a must. Then in the mid sixties we moved to upstate New York from Ohio when my dad got out of the Army and that is when I seen things start to change and they have just continued to get worse every year and good old uncle Sam sticks his nose into our family lives to much and that has made major changes in how people raise the kids today.

Wow sorry this turned out so long I better cut it off here. I like your list of singers, at your age I'm surprised at some on your list. How about Christy Lane, do you know and like her as well? She is very inspirational, or should I say was.

May You & Your's Be Blessed!!!

Kooltat

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

:noidea: aww Ronald shoes aren't so bad. The video store I work at has a tanning salon in the back...we have 4 beds and 1 stand-up, to make a long story short, I went back there one night to clean up....now mind you there are 8X10 signs that say "Tanners welcome to use the Restroom" :24: We have had to get rid of the bowls in the rooms because people were using them as "bedpans" and pushing them under the tanning unit....no more bowls now...but one guy actually went in the bottle that we keep the sanitizer in to clean the beds. I would rather clean up shoes anyday !!!!!

By the way, the ones responsible for this have been banned, duh!! we do write their names down when they make an appointment...so we always find out who it was.

So Ronald the next time you see someone leave a shoe on the floor, think of poor little me walking back to the tanning salon after locking the doors and saying "please, please, please be clean" :24::24:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Angel,

We actually had one dude who went in the dressing room and relieved himself! And yes, I'd rather clean up shoes anyday as opposed to that!!!

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

courtesy? whats that? no one has that anymore. I've had a few grouchy or amazingly arrogant customers.Today I had this one guy - lol.He wanted a garbage can with wheels,and the one he wanted we couldnt find the lid for.So he wanted us to sell him one twice as much for the same price...simply since it wasnt his fault the lid was missing. :noidea: He got rather grouchy so I called the assistant manager and then went back to the warehouse shaking my head at the way some people think.

:24: Yah Ron its true...even if you dont feel like being positive if you force yourself to be, you feel a lot better and the day is so much brighter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  887
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

courtesy? whats that? no one has that anymore. I've had a few grouchy or amazingly arrogant customers.Today I had this one guy - lol.He wanted a garbage can with wheels,and the one he wanted we couldnt find the lid for.So he wanted us to sell him one twice as much for the same price...simply since it wasnt his fault the lid was missing. :P He got rather grouchy so I called the assistant manager and then went back to the warehouse shaking my head at the way some people think.

:whistling: Yah Ron its true...even if you dont feel like being positive if you force yourself to be, you feel a lot better and the day is so much brighter.

I do!! I was brought up (as were the rest of my family) to be courteous and respectful to everyone, retail workers included! In fact, I have the utmost respect for you.... I never want to work in retail again! (Mainly because I hate having to work Saturdays, it has to be said!)