• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It is slanderous against one particular man of God whom I respect in the Lord. There is another doctrine which is just as dangerous as prosperity, and that is the belief that to be spiritually sound, you must NOT be prosperous, but rather appear as poor.

God prospers us, no doubt about it. There are many people who follow God and are faithful and obedient SERVANTS of God, who are blessed because they are entrusted with the wealth He bestows. What kind of God would give wealth to someone who would be a wastrel? God is all-wise and He wants His gospel spread EVERYWHERE, and He is searching for faithful ones to whom He will give the task to spread His Good News and give the resources as well.

I agree that there are those who take this prosperity doctrine to an extreme. The error in that is not lost on me. I simply DO NOT FOLLOW THEM. However, there is a basic truth to the reality that God blesses whom He blesses! Usually, they are His obedient servants. We need to be fruit inspectors before we go casting aspersions.

We are living very dangerously when we cast down the anointed. There is a great penalty for doing so. Some of you really don't know an anointed man or woman of God when you are plainly in the presence of one. I pray God will forgive this.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

It is slanderous against one particular man of God whom I respect in the Lord. There is another doctrine which is just as dangerous as prosperity, and that is the belief that to be spiritually sound, you must NOT be prosperous, but rather appear as poor.

God prospers us, no doubt about it. There are many people who follow God and are faithful and obedient SERVANTS of God, who are blessed because they are entrusted with the wealth He bestows. What kind of God would give wealth to someone who would be a wastrel? God is all-wise and He wants His gospel spread EVERYWHERE, and He is searching for faithful ones to whom He will give the task to spread His Good News and give the resources as well.

We are living very dangerously when we cast down the anointed. Some of you really don't know an anointed man or woman of God when you are plainly in the presence of one. I pray God will forgive this.

Which one is it slanderous against? Which information is incorrect?

Some of you really don't know an anointed man or woman of God when you are plainly in the presence of one.

Who is this anointed one you speak of?

Perhaps you should clue us in, so we can look at the fruits of this individual and get a better understanding as to why you believe this person is anointed by God.

I don't watch christian TV so I really don't know who these poeple are.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

With this type of teaching, etc. People look to those who have those nice suits and driving the nice car. What if the Holy Spirit sends a someone who would seem less than the above standard?? Would they even listen??? Preachers like those who are more prosperous tend to be idolized. I'd rather be lead by someone, whose been there done that and came out victorious in Jesus Name, regardless of social statis, money, etc. I'd rather have the focus on Jesus and ministering to Him than anything else.

Some of you really don't know an anointed man or woman of God when you are plainly in the presence of one.

Who is this anointed one you speak of?

Perhaps you should clue us in, so we can look at the fruits of this individual and get a better understanding as to why you believe this person is anointed by God.

I don't watch christian TV so I really don't know who these poeple are.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Floatingaxe

Could you please answer the above question.

I will not lend the name of the one I consider anointed, as I believe I would be party to someone taking an opportunity to bash. Sorry, no deal.

Blessings :emot-pray:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

We are called to test the spirits. We are told in the bible to reject false teachings. If you do not look at the teachings of those you believe are annointed, then how can you know if their words are truth?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Read their words and decide for yourself. Be Berean!

List of people you should never listen to:

Rod Parsley

"I just love to talk about your money. Let me be very clear -- I want your money. I deserve it. This church deserves it."

(An Empire of Souls, pg. 35)

"For you to sit in physical bondage is to deny the power of the gospel. Most people would have no trouble shouting whatsoever if I said, "To remain in the bondage of sin and death is to deny the power of the gospel." If I said the same thing about poverty and financial bondage, it would get as quiet as a tomb. If I said that for you to live from paycheck to paycheck is to deny the power of the gospel, many of you would get angry. In Luke 4:18, Notice there was an anointing to preach good news to the poor. A lot of people don't like to look at that because good news to a poor man is that he doesn't have to be poor anymore. We have multitudes saved, delivered and filled with the Holy Ghost, and many are healed, yet over 90% of the church of Jesus Christ are living in absolute financial bondage. All the while, Jesus is saying, "I've been anointed to preach the good news to the poor." You have held back the flow. You have denied the perpetual propulsion of power that could deliver you from not only sin and sickness but from the horrible stench of poverty."

(God's Answer to Insufficient Funds, 1992 pps 46-47)

Creflo Dollar (or his wife)

"I'm going to have to reproduce Myself. Like I'm God up here in heaven. I'm going to make Me a god and put Myself in the physical body so that he can guard the earth and keep out all intruders in the earth ... Now that gives us a little insight on why God wanted a god on the earth like He was God in heaven ... When God made Adam all He did was make an exact imprint of Himself. He duplicated Himself ... If you eat of this fruit, you will be like God. What's the problem? He's already like God. He was already like God."

(Our equality with God Through Righteousness January 21,2001)

"I'm telling you, Jesus wasn't poor, and He didn't wear no rags, either. Like we march in on these Easter little plays that we do at our church, with those raggedy sheets on. Jesus didn't have no rags on. He wore designer clothes, honey!"?

(Creflo Dollar Crusade, February 9, 1999)

"You operate by a spirit of poverty if you are critical of those who preach and teach prosperity. My God, man, I told you last night that Bible talks more about money than it does about heaven, and all we got to do is open the Bible up for ourselves and see it instead of sitting there being afraid to hear it."?

(Praise The Lord, TBN July 20, 1999)

Ken Copeland

"Satan conquered Jesus on the Cross and took His spirit to the dark regions of hell"?

(Holy Bible: Kenneth Copeland Reference Edition, 1991, p.129)

"Jesus had to go through that same spiritual death in order to pay the price. Now it wasn't the physical death on the cross that paid the price for sin, because if it had of been any prophet of God that had died for the last couple of thousand years before that could have paid that price. It wasn't physical death anybody could do that."?

(What Satan Saw on the Day of Pentecost, audio tape #020022)

"As a believer, you have a right to make commands in the name of Jesus. Each time you stand on the Word, you are commanding God to a certain extent because it is His Word."

(Our Covenant with God, 1987, p. 32)

"You don't have a god in you, you are one"

(The Force of Love, 1987, audiotape #02-0028, side 1)

"Now Peter said by exceeding great and precious promises you become partakers of the divine class. All right, are we gods? We are a class of gods!"?

(Praise The Lord, TBN February 5, 1986)

Paul and Jan Crouch

"if you have been healed or saved or blessed through TBN and have not contributed to (the) station, you are robbing God and will lose your reward in heaven."

(Praise the Lord, TBN August 4, 1997)

"He [God] doesn't even draw a distinction between Himself and us. . . . You know what else that's settled, then, tonight? This hue and cry and controversy that has been spawned by the Devil to try and bring dissension within the body of Christ that we are gods. I am a little god! . . . I have His name. I'm one with Him. I'm in covenant relation. I am a little god! Critics, be gone!"

(Praise the Lord, TBN? July 7, 1986)

Fred Price

"Yes! You are in control! So, if man has control, who no longer has it? God."

("Prayer: Do You Know What Prayer Is ... and How to Pray?" The Word Study Bible, 1990 p. 1178)

"The whole point is I'm trying to get you to see--to get you out of this malaise of thinking that Jesus and the disciples were poor and then relating that to you- thinking that you, as a child of God, have to follow Jesus. The Bible says that He has left us an example that we should follow His steps. That's the reason why I drive a Rolls Royce. I'm following Jesus' steps."

(Ever Increasing Faith, TBN December 9, 1990)

"How can you glorify God in your body, when it doesn't function right? How can you glorify God? How can He get glory when your body doesn't even work? What makes you think the Holy Ghost wants to live inside a body where He can't see out through the windows and He can't hear with the ears? What makes you think the Holy Spirit wants to live inside of a physical body where the limbs and the organs and the cells do not function right?"

("Is God Glorified Through Sickness?" audiotape #FP605)

"What they told me to do was that whenever I prayed I should always say, 'The will of the Lord be done.' Now, doesn't that sound humble? It does. Sounds like humility, it's really stupidity. I mean, you know, really, we insult God. I mean, we really do insult our Heavenly Father. We do; we really insult Him without even realizing it. If you have to say, 'If it be thy will' or 'Thy will be done' -- if you have to say that, then you're calling God a fool because he's the One that told us to ask....that's an insult to God's intelligence."

(Ever Increasing Faith, TBN November 16, 1990)

Benny Hinn

...never, ever, ever go to the Lord and say, "If it be thy will..." Don't allow such faith-destroying words to be spoken from your mouth. When you pray "if it be your will, Lord," faith will be destroyed. Doubt will billow up and flood your being. Be on guard against words like this which will rob you of your faith and drag you down in despair.

(Rise & Be Healed! p. 47-48)

"God came to earth and touched a piece of dust and turned it into a God."

(TBN, Dec 1, 1990)

"When you say, 'I am a Christian, you are saying, 'I am mashiach' in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words That is a shocking revelation.... May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around."?

(Praise-a-thon TBN November 6, 1990)

"Man, I feel revelation knowledge already coming on me here. Life your hands. Something new is going to happen here today. I felt it just as I walked down here. Holy Spirit, take over in the name of Jesus...God the Father, ladies and gentlemen, is a person; and he is a triune being by himself separate from the Son and the Holy Ghost. Say, what did you say? Here it, hear it, hear it. See, God the Father is a person, God the Son is a person, God the Holy Ghost is a person. But each one of them is a triune being by Himself. If I can shock you - and maybe I should - there's nine of them. Huh, what did you say? Let me explain: God the Father, ladies and gentlemen, is a person with his own personal spirit, with his own personal soul, and his own personal spirit body. You say, Huh, I never heard that. Well, you think you're in this church to hear things you've heard for the last 50 years? You can't argue with the Word, can you? It's all in the Word".?

(Praise The Lord, TBN October 3, 1990)

(Benny Hinn broadcast, recorded 10/13/90 )

God sent Jesus as an example to see if we could retain and maintain the Holy Spirit in human flesh."

(TBN July 23, 1997)

The Spirit tells me -- Fidel Castro will die in the 90's. Oooh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God.

(Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31st, 1989. )

Amen Ayin Jade,

the proof is in the pudding. The word says, "Now I beseech you brethren "Mark" them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them who walk contrary to the gospel." Romans 16:17

I have put a mark on some that ajax can't even take off or remove a permanent marker I used as their doctrine is so offensive to the cross of Calvary and the work that Jesus came to this earth to do on our behalf.

The gift of discerning of spirits should be exercised by the body of Christ and we should discern em out.

:emot-pray:

OC

That's the trouble, Jade--people are looking with a critical eye, jaded by others' opinions, and where there is found any falsehood, there is bashing. Why not use the power and authority we have been given and pray for their removal, shun them, and move forward in our own lives to ensure that we ourselves don't fall pray to greed and lust for power?

I will not lend the name of the one I consider anointed, as I believe I would be party to someone taking an opportunity to bash. Sorry, no deal.

Blessings :emot-pray:

If this person is truly anointed as you say....do you not want us to hear the truth?

As for the bashers....if this person is truly anointed....God will deal with them.

Isn't it our duty to spread the good news at every opportunity? To give Light to those who are lost?

If you know of someone who is truly anointed and you refuse to point us in the direction of that individual, are you not hiding the Gospel from those who could benefit from their teachings?

I don't understand your reasoning. Why would you want to keep the Truth hidden?

As I said...the scoffers will be dealt with.