• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

Hi guys,

We must remember that when talking to each other here, we must speak to each other in love and if we can't do that then we should put a padlock on our fingers and our thoughts before we push that button. We are all brothers in Christ and let as reflect that in the wa we talk to each other.

God Bless

Isa

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

my apologies in love to onwingsaseagles

Edited by onesiphorus

Guest shiloh357

The "sons of God" mentioned in Genesis 6 do not refer either to rightesous people nor does it refer to demons. In ancient times pagan kings were often revered as gods or the offspring of gods. Many of the ancient "creation" accounts were written to present a king as having the right to rule on the grounds that he was a deity born of a deity when the world was created. This can be seen in writings such as the Epic of Gilgamesh. These stories were used to present a sort of "right to rule."

"sons of god" is nothing more than a common ancient term for pagan kings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The "Sons of God" here is not talking about angels nor demons. They are those who are Holy in the sight of God.

Hi cardcaptor,

just wanted to share my thoughts on this as I have had trouble in scripture when it comes to rightly dividing the word for understanding. Me personally I am not sure that the "Sons of God" are refering to mankind but am led thus far that the sons of God was referring to the angels of God during that particular time period. There are several scriptures that led me to think this way in my study of the subject thus far.

In the book of Job it refers to the angels of God as being the sons of God as Satan had came before the Lord among the angels of God to accuse Job. 1 Peter 3:19-20 talks about this subject as apostle Peter again touches on the subject in 2 Peter 2:4-5 Jude vs 6 speaks of this as well.

In all of the passages I have mentioned it seems to me that the angels were used as a example so that mankind would not fall under the same judgment and wrath of God as they had left their first estate. The passage in 1 Peter 3 starts out as Peter is addressing the saints to be careful of the false prophets and teachers of our day who would intentionally with their words lead us astray from the truth and then he starts in vs 4-5 comparing the false prophets and false teachers to the angels of God so from that I see a distinction from the two and tend to believe they are the angels of God. I also know that the word angel means "messenger" which could be prophets, teachers, etc., as well as the angels themselves.

The word in Genesis 6 says that giants were born from these unions in which I do not believe were great big humans so many feet tall but rather that they were giants as far as their position in this world at that time ahead of every one so to speak able to accomplish what most could not but the giants are another subject.

I am sorry that I did not type out the scriptures hope others will look them up and read them as do not have the energy in body at this time but I wanted to share my thoughts for the discussion.

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member

Why would two humans bring forth giants?

So you are saying all angels are descended from angels

Hi onwingsaseagles,

Don't you think that's a pretty silly remark. We all know angels don't marry and have children.

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25

For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Angels in heaven do not have children. Even Demons ( fallen angels) need to take on human form to be able to accomplish this task.

To answer your question. No angels are not descended from angels, they were all created by God and they were all created at the same time, even Lucifer (Satan).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

The "sons of God" mentioned in Genesis 6 do not refer either to rightesous people nor does it refer to demons. In ancient times pagan kings were often revered as gods or the offspring of gods. Many of the ancient "creation" accounts were written to present a king as having the right to rule on the grounds that he was a deity born of a deity when the world was created. This can be seen in writings such as the Epic of Gilgamesh. These stories were used to present a sort of "right to rule."

"sons of god" is nothing more than a common ancient term for pagan kings.

Pagan kings are mortal. Mortals cannot wander around in heaven.

Some scholars have concluded that Job was written by Moses for various reasons. "Sons of God" in Job reads:

Job 1:

6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Pagan Kings do not wander around in heaven with Satan.

"Sons of God" are not mortals in any way.

So whatever conclusion one makes it cannot be denied that "sons if God" are not natural beings.

Hi onwingsaseagles,

Don't you think that's a pretty silly remark. We all know angels don't marry and have children.

What I asked was do you think all giants are descended from angels.

And if you realize that angels do not reproduce then why do you support the absurd idea that they reproduced with people?

Hi onwingsoaseagles,

Why do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the son of man?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

And if you realize that angels do not reproduce then why do you support the absurd idea that they reproduced with people?

Oh....good question! :rolleyes:

Hi onwingsaseagles,

Hi onwingsaseagles,

If angels left their spiritual realm and entered the earthly realm as the Bible so stipulates then I am quiet sure they are able to produce children with women.

It is the word of God that states this fact, if you can not see the truth in God's Word then I suggest you go to the one who can show you the truth.

I am not here to argue the point with you, the Bible is crystal clear in what it says you just have to believe what it says.

God's wisdom is far beyond our wisdom we will not understand everything but we have an eternal God and Father who can teach us the truths of His Word through the Holy Spirit.

Hi onwingsaseagles,

Sorry I forgot to say that theseare no longer holy angels we are talking about they are demons who left the spiritual realm to enter mans realm and produce demon children with the daughters of men.