• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Moshe will accept Jesus into His life...

My dad on earth who is a fairly new christian, had a eye opening teaching about the fruits of the Spirit.

He asked me about peace and misunderstood my peace as not caring in the past and apologizing, of course I could not hold him responsible for what he knew not of...! Coming from a era of secrets and appearances..Making everything look good so therefore it is good. I told him peace of God comes only from God and bestowed within us is what makes the difference. If Gods peace reigns in us..we will want to be surrounded by that peace. The world tries to get peace in other ways...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1973

Hey Everyone :24:

Um well, this message has kind of been a concern of mine for a while, but it's not what the title is saying, but rather, dealing with that.

I fully support and I am completely thankful of the many who have asked this question on the boards "Why can't we all just get along?" and I feel that we shoudl be able to to some extent, being Christians, etc.

However, what if that question had a question for an answer, instead of it being the rhetorical question with the expected response? Why can't we all just get along? Well, why can't we all have the same doctrine or even the same bible?

This has really been bothering me for a while and I try not to say it to much considering the circumstances, but I'm truly longing for an answer to this... Why can't we get along? What if the answer is becuase so many of us have different beliefs, despite that "We are all Christians" and "We are all brothers and sisters in Christ"? The Paul, through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, spoke to the church of Corinth about having divisions among them. No, obviously, this is not a church being that a church is local and not universal or "everyone who is saved". The word church means "A called assembly" of born-again baptized believers... While it IS a great place for fellowship, ask questions, have studies, look at aspects of God's Word and various verses, sometimes advice and sometimes prayer, and of course, have fun (throw food :rolleyes: ), could it be that we don't always get along becuase we have such a vast different in doctrine??

Seriously, sometimes it DOES come down to think with salvation such as whether or not one is saved by baptism, despite that there is a TOS and a faith statement here that says that we are NOT saved by baptism as is biblical, but that is not the point that I'm getting at. Or is it? How many times have I been in the chat room and someone said they know they are saved becuase they were baptized and everyone says "Amen!"? Yes, it seems that most of us hold to that one isn't saved by being good, etc, but somethign even as important as baptism?

There are many things that don't deal with salvation... speaking in tongues, healings, dreams.... These are MAJOR things in the bible and can we really just keep sugar coating it saying "Agree to disagree" or "You believe this, I believe this.. let's just overlook it at get along". Is that really how it should work?

If someone says "I had this dream, please help me to know what to do" how can I say to that person, even with as much love, that that isn't biblical without offending someone else? Offending the person I'm trying to help, that's one thing, but offending everyone else around me... what good is that?

Why is it that we can't even agree on what the Word of God is?? We have to talk about the RSV, the NKJV, the NIV, PURPOSEFULLY put down those who hold to that the KJV is pure word of God... we talk about the NASB, and the TNIV, etc... Don't forget the discussions going back about church fathers, and things about Westcott and Hort, and Sinaiticus and Vaticanus... we'll talk about the 1611 version and God's ability (or lack thereof) to preserve his Word, or even that "They are all God's Word" or my favorite, "Someoen can still get saved from them". As "brothers and sisters in Christ" why can't we even agree on one single bible?

I'm not saying I doubt everyone's salvation, certainly not I don't know everyone's heart and I trust that many on here ARE saved... I cherish the fellowship that so many of us have had... sure, I've only been here about four years (no where near as long as others), but this seems to keep coming up... "Why can't we all just get along".

My quesiton is "Why can't we all agree on God's Word"? That means doctrines, that means even something as simple as to what is the Word of God... if the NASB and the NIV are different, one says one thing and one says something else (even another way), and if one is the Word of God, does it not make sense that the other can not be? If one is perfect and hte other one has errors, then "the other one" must be the work of the devil, right?

We say "Let's come together as brothers and sisters in Christ" and "let's all get along" and "let's agree to disagree". There is nothing wrong with getting along, there is nothing around with fellowship, but how much sweeter a fellowship is when there is agreement on something as SIMPLE as God's Word... something as SIMPLE as salvation....

Why can't we all agree, instead of always agreeing to disagree?

Wouldnt that be great. i too often ask the question. I have researched many of these doctrines in which a denomination says we should not divide and yet that same denomination sets it up so that we a forced to divide. I am involved in a denomination that would not allow you to be a teacher or elder in the denomination without adhereing to certain doctrines. Because of this i will never be able to serve a position i am gifted in. However the truth is that the denomination could never stop my function in the body of christ, the church. What people need to do is focus on loving the brethrn. MAjor in the majors minor in the miners. Garbage. just stick with the majors and there will be less division. Can this be done. God knows. Luther did it to a ccertain degree. But only some of catholic tradition was reformed. The rest lingers on even now In just about all denominations. There are diff ways christians interpt.the scripture.Some say the key to understanding the scripture as a whole is to see it through the lens of dispensations. others through the eyes of covenants. Both these have dramatic implications on how we percieve the character of god and how we live our lives. It dictats to us how we view all of scripture.Subjects like, baptism, the church and isreal, future events, etc. If you say the key to understanding the whole of scripture is through christ, who will argue? Niether. Major in the in the majors, but more than that love the brethren. These two camps are very distinct and very much the brethren one of another.there diffrences are many and deep and i myself have watched them tear apart my own friends. SAD. but we must be taught to love in order to love. Christ has taught us to love. This is the key. Love will bear all things, love is patient and kind, holds no record. You know the scripture. How do we know we are his. If we love the brethren.

people are just not tolerable of other peoples choice in the way they believe. There always has to be someone who thinks they know more or finding fault with the other. Even the apostles were scrambling to sit at Gods right hand. We humans complicate things. Yet I find it exhilirating when one does not agree with another if done in a proper way. I enjoy the iron that sharpens iron, I enjoy researching the word of God for a answer. Seeing another perspective.

Thank Goodness I have a choice to be on or off the boards though. :emot-highfive:

Unfortunately there is no segregation in our heavenly abode as well as no prejudice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

There is no division in our heavenly abode, no, but in heaven, there will no longer be a question of what is the right interpretation of scipture because we will no longer have that carnal nature- we will have new bodies, praise the Lord.

In the mean time, let me ask it this way, just how much can we truly fellowship with those who may be "Christian" but differ greatly in beliefs and doctrine?

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  2

There is no division in our heavenly abode, no, but in heaven, there will no longer be a question of what is the right interpretation of scipture because we will no longer have that carnal nature- we will have new bodies, praise the Lord.

In the mean time, let me ask it this way, just how much can we truly fellowship with those who may be "Christian" but differ greatly in beliefs and doctrine?

There is a difference between having different beliefs in secondary doctrines, like eschatology, for example, and differences nn the main doctrines, ie. the virgin birth and deity of Christ, the Trinity, etc. Within the Church, differing beliefs in secondary doctrines and certain practices are accepted as normal within the range of accepted orthodoxy. Go outside the narrow parameter, and you are in danger of heresy.

I can fellowship with anybody of any faith, but I won't open my heart to anybody who holds non-Biblical stances on the "main things."

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I can fellowship with anybody of any faith, but I won't open my heart to anybody who holds non-Biblical stances on the "main things."

Marnie, you hit on the main thing that I'm trying to get at... that "opening of the heart"... I guess I did'nt have the right wording for it and used fellowship in the mean time, but I think that that can be a huge part of fellowship is whether or not you can actually open your heart to that person...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,417
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Hey Everyone :cool:

Um well, this message has kind of been a concern of mine for a while, but it's not what the title is saying, but rather, dealing with that.

I fully support and I am completely thankful of the many who have asked this question on the boards "Why can't we all just get along?" and I feel that we shoudl be able to to some extent, being Christians, etc.

However, what if that question had a question for an answer, instead of it being the rhetorical question with the expected response? Why can't we all just get along? Well, why can't we all have the same doctrine or even the same bible?

This has really been bothering me for a while and I try not to say it to much considering the circumstances, but I'm truly longing for an answer to this... Why can't we get along? What if the answer is becuase so many of us have different beliefs, despite that "We are all Christians" and "We are all brothers and sisters in Christ"? The Paul, through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, spoke to the church of Corinth about having divisions among them. No, obviously, this is not a church being that a church is local and not universal or "everyone who is saved". The word church means "A called assembly" of born-again baptized believers... While it IS a great place for fellowship, ask questions, have studies, look at aspects of God's Word and various verses, sometimes advice and sometimes prayer, and of course, have fun (throw food :whistling: ), could it be that we don't always get along becuase we have such a vast different in doctrine??

Seriously, sometimes it DOES come down to think with salvation such as whether or not one is saved by baptism, despite that there is a TOS and a faith statement here that says that we are NOT saved by baptism as is biblical, but that is not the point that I'm getting at. Or is it? How many times have I been in the chat room and someone said they know they are saved becuase they were baptized and everyone says "Amen!"? Yes, it seems that most of us hold to that one isn't saved by being good, etc, but somethign even as important as baptism?

There are many things that don't deal with salvation... speaking in tongues, healings, dreams.... These are MAJOR things in the bible and can we really just keep sugar coating it saying "Agree to disagree" or "You believe this, I believe this.. let's just overlook it at get along". Is that really how it should work?

If someone says "I had this dream, please help me to know what to do" how can I say to that person, even with as much love, that that isn't biblical without offending someone else? Offending the person I'm trying to help, that's one thing, but offending everyone else around me... what good is that?

Why is it that we can't even agree on what the Word of God is?? We have to talk about the RSV, the NKJV, the NIV, PURPOSEFULLY put down those who hold to that the KJV is pure word of God... we talk about the NASB, and the TNIV, etc... Don't forget the discussions going back about church fathers, and things about Westcott and Hort, and Sinaiticus and Vaticanus... we'll talk about the 1611 version and God's ability (or lack thereof) to preserve his Word, or even that "They are all God's Word" or my favorite, "Someoen can still get saved from them". As "brothers and sisters in Christ" why can't we even agree on one single bible?

I'm not saying I doubt everyone's salvation, certainly not I don't know everyone's heart and I trust that many on here ARE saved... I cherish the fellowship that so many of us have had... sure, I've only been here about four years (no where near as long as others), but this seems to keep coming up... "Why can't we all just get along".

My quesiton is "Why can't we all agree on God's Word"? That means doctrines, that means even something as simple as to what is the Word of God... if the NASB and the NIV are different, one says one thing and one says something else (even another way), and if one is the Word of God, does it not make sense that the other can not be? If one is perfect and hte other one has errors, then "the other one" must be the work of the devil, right?

We say "Let's come together as brothers and sisters in Christ" and "let's all get along" and "let's agree to disagree". There is nothing wrong with getting along, there is nothing around with fellowship, but how much sweeter a fellowship is when there is agreement on something as SIMPLE as God's Word... something as SIMPLE as salvation....

Why can't we all agree, instead of always agreeing to disagree?

JUst a long term observation:

People come here for different reasons. Some come here to teach, some for fellowship, others to get information and learn and that doesn't usually mix well in the long run.

Most focus in on some things and ignore others and if you are not focused in or "their thing" then you must be uninformed and they are obliged to inform you. Too many people take a verse or to and try and make dogmatic doctrine out if it and ignore the rest of the Book and that causes discussions which end up in the situation you are talking about because minds are already made up

There are also those who are not ok with just posting their thoughts or beliefs and leaving it at that, they pretty much demand that you agree, and that is the serious core of most of our problems with this subject. When you get right down to it, it's simply human nature and until the Lord returns and we all get our act together, it seems we'll often be better off to just agree to disagree.

It is my personal belief that most people try and make the gospel much much too complicated, and those complications lead to conflicts. One of those "I've got my verses to show Pretrib Rapture, and you've got yours for Post" kind of things. If it doesn't agree with all scripture then we don't really understand what it is saying and to me are making the Book say things it was not intended to say.

That's my personal view on it, and also why I don't spend the time here I used to.

As for different translations, that to me is a different thing but serious, but in stating my beliefs on that would start one of those really long threads that goes around and around and this thread is to important to loose in the chaos.

Look at where the tribes had been positioned. They were positioned in the land because of weaknesses and strengths of each tribe. God knew where to put them to obtain the best from them. Certain tribes are still fighting today.

The different bylaws and scriptural applications seperate us. You are part of my family or are going to be...if we believe in the basics is what I will look for and if you have a Love for our father.. that to me says alot.

There were some people in my church I did not like for various reasons yet I cared and loved them.

It would be nice if we did all agree on all things. But very rarely do you have that anywhere.

Thank Goodness God is in control...for if we were..oh boy.

When you get to heaven Jesus will say "have I not told you" and you will say "when" and he will point to scripture and we will laugh over how simple it really is.. I can't wait but I have to. :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

I read this earlier and had been thinking about it and a Scripture just crossed my mind I thought important enough to share..

I was having a problem getting along with some folks a few years ago and was really upset with myself and someone shared this with me..

Rom 12:18 If it is possible, as far as is in you, being in peace with all men.

We are to be at peace with the ability that is in us..

and we are not at that perfect place where we shall be ...

1Jn 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God. Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be. But we know that when He shall be revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

1Jn 3:3 And everyone who has this hope on him purifies himself, even as that One is pure.

Excellent pointing to scripture!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/23/1958

If we were all in total agreement....would be be here?