• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

If your teacher actually made a student cry in class and continued to bully him, then she deserved to be fired (Some teachers bully by mistake, but if thats the case, the crying would have woken the teacher up and stopped the bullying). You did what was right, and if the classmates hate you for it, well that's their problem. They should be ashamed that they DIDN'T stand up to this teacher.

You did what was right, and you shouldn't be ashamed of that.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

My teacher (I'm in 8th grade), has been bullying this student in my class for a while now and I got fed up with it and I really wanted to take a stand. She has even made him cry, I emailed my youth pastor on myspace about it..He told me to set up for a meeting about it with her and talk to her. The day I had plans to do that, I got sent to the Principles office because of her..it ended up being a misunderstanding but while I was down there, I decided to tell him what was going on. I told him exactly what I have been observing and he talked to her about it.

It's been two days since then and today in class she was crying saying that people have been lying about her behind her back and that we don't think she cares about us...etc, etc. While she was saying all this, I knew exactly to what she was talking about..and so did a couple other classmates. They were giving me evil looks and stuff.

I went to meet with her after class in hopes I could maybe just resolve all this and tell her exactly what I was feeling and why I told the principle what I said..I walked in and I said, Can I talk to you? She said she didn't know if she could take it right now..My response was, could we talk about this maybe next week? She told me she wouldn't be there..I said how bout the week after? She said again, I won't be there. As she was telling me this, she was packing up her stuff and had papers in boxes.

My teacher is quiting and it's my fault..and now half the class hates me.

I really need good advice here.

I was doing what I though was right...I was sticking up for a student who was really getting bullied..I was just trying to maybe make a difference in his life..now everyone hates me.

Please help.. :/

Sometimes you just gotta do what is right.

Bullying of students should not be accepted, whether by teachers or by other students.

Though your classmates may not appreciate it at the moment, they may well do so in the future. I'm sure they would, if the teacher was allowed to stay, and maybe subject others to this kind of treatment.

But, if your good deeds and good intentions go unnoticed.......take it in your stride...

You did what you saw as best for those concerned. :)

very good advice. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/22/1993

haha a lot of you are saying that she was fired. lol she is quitting because I "lied" about her. ha But I appreciate the advice. I went to a tobyMac concert just a few hours ago...He said things that really helped.

Edited by JesusFreak1john17

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

haha a lot of you are saying that she was fired. lol she is quitting because I "lied" about her. ha But I appreciate the advice. I went to a tobyMac concert just a few hours ago...He said things that really helped.

I think that this teacher is using you as an excuse. I believe she had already decided to leave long before you had your talk with the principle. I will further hazard the guess that the principle was well aware of this teachers unhappiness and used your complaint to "speed things up", hoping she would resign.

If you think differantly about this, please explain what power an 8th grader would have over a teaching professional, in a very public situation.

Do you really think ONE complaint from you is that all powerful.

Give yourself a break kid...while we all think it...few of us are that important.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

listen very, very carefully to what i am about to say...

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

that teacher is immature and shouldn't be in a position of authority over 8th graders. how do i know she's immature? 1) she bullied a student, whatever form of bullying it was. 2), she CRIED in front of her students. 3) she GOSSIPED about her personal problems with her students.

as for what your classmates think of you, brush it off. you did what you should have done. she needed to be reported, and she needs to no longer be teaching a class.

Spot on sister. :24: LadyC is absolutely right on the money here. The other children will one day thank you for your acions. It appears that they may have been under some kind of manipulation as well just by the way that they have reacted to this. A Teacher is in a position of authority. With that authority comes great responsibility. She is not there to win friends and influence people. She sounds very immature, I would most certainly continue your prayers for her. :24:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Any you are proud of this?

Guest Biblicist

Sweetheart, I believe that you handled the situation in a very mature and "grown-up" fashion. I applaud you for taking it to the authorities instead of just gossiping about the teacher behind her back. You showed great respect for authority. :24:

Now I will share with you my story.

There were several teachers like that throughout my school career. My kindergarten teacher used to bully me. [kind-a spoiled my taste for education for the rest of my life] It makes them look powerful.

One time we had a parent visitation day and there were parents sitting all around the room. This teacher asked one girl what the Electoral College was [this is also 8th grade btw] and she said it was some sort of college for the electorates to go.....He did not correct, he baited her and goaded her with her answer till she was in a shambles, crying, while all the students and parents looked on.

NO ONE SAID ONE WORD TO HIM! This teacher had tenure. He kept his job till he retired. I wonder how many other young minds he injured along the way.

Don't blame yourself for this teacher's leaving. You did the right thing. Education does not come through embarrassment and belittling and bullying.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

My teacher (I'm in 8th grade), has been bullying this student in my class for a while now and I got fed up with it and I really wanted to take a stand. She has even made him cry, I emailed my youth pastor on myspace about it..He told me to set up for a meeting about it with her and talk to her. The day I had plans to do that, I got sent to the Principles office because of her..it ended up being a misunderstanding but while I was down there, I decided to tell him what was going on. I told him exactly what I have been observing and he talked to her about it.

It's been two days since then and today in class she was crying saying that people have been lying about her behind her back and that we don't think she cares about us...etc, etc. While she was saying all this, I knew exactly to what she was talking about..and so did a couple other classmates. They were giving me evil looks and stuff.

I went to meet with her after class in hopes I could maybe just resolve all this and tell her exactly what I was feeling and why I told the principle what I said..I walked in and I said, Can I talk to you? She said she didn't know if she could take it right now..My response was, could we talk about this maybe next week? She told me she wouldn't be there..I said how bout the week after? She said again, I won't be there. As she was telling me this, she was packing up her stuff and had papers in boxes.

I was doing what I though was right...I was sticking up for a student who was really getting bullied..I was just trying to maybe make a difference in his life..now everyone hates me.

Please help.. :/

What did this teacher do to bully this pupil?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Did you lie? If you did, then you need to repent. If you didn't then do not feel guilty about telling the truth. Be assured that this teacher didn't quit or get fired because of one student talking to the principal. Ether that had been many complaints, or this teacher realized that she was not meant to be a teacher and is moving on.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/31/1966

It sounds like you did what you believed was right in your heart. Based on what you said, it doesn't appear you were lying about the actions of your teacher. She was just playing the emotional card, and as such, making things bad for you because of what happened to her.

There is not much you can do about it now. What is done is done. Reliving the events over and over won't help anything, and people will feel however they feel about you. Maybe you will wind up with a good teacher that everyone will like, and who won't bully other students. Over time, the others should get over their bad feelings.

Equally it could be that the teacher's own life was in meltdown and for some reason took it out on the student. Or this student had said or done something to the teacher and no-one else knew? Either way what's done is done. How did the class find out? Did someone break a confidence? Or blab?