• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Some of us are of the opinion that we have to put up with the religion called 'science' until Jesus's return.  Guess it depends on whether or not you realize that science is an invention of satan, from which he can then control the masses with 'scientific proof' (all of which is invented, ie. fake studies, fake finds, fake reports).  All in evidence now on the net, if you are willing to look.

When the dust settles and satan's reigns end, we will have very little left of this 'world of science'.  Can't wait.  My feeling is that it will be an easy shift.  We will see real results, real reports and real cures come out and real news, ie. as the brainwashing machine of the Beast out of the Sea (ie. the UN) reign ends.

Re: 1,000 year Reign of Christ, science view

What will be left is nature cures for disease (which will almost all end because vaccines, pollution etc. cause 99% of it).  We will live without earthquakes (the earth is flat, there are no tectonic plates 'shifting', ie. God sends all earthquakes, unless man made), so building codes can relax and flooding will become more natural as weather warfare caused by HARRP ends, so flood control methods will work, so that ends of that sort of insurance etc.  It will be a world with few problems to solve, hence little need for machine science, medical science, research science etc..  Sort of a limited use of machines will be around.  Do we need very much science in order to live, once all the science being used to destroy humanity ends?  No.

My view is not only have we invented already all we ever could possibly use, but are now blindly moving ahead to a world that does not need any humans even in it, ie. satan's ideal.  Hence, as I have been stating, we are well into the 7 years of Jacob's troubles now (and it ends mid 2019).

We will be spending the next 10+ years eliminating science, is my feeling.  And seeing if we need any of it.

I am not against all science but what I meant in my message was that scientific methods such as strict psycho-linguistic differentiation of notions and terms were non-applicable in this thread. So I am also against science here in this discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

2 hours ago, eileenhat said:

I was attempting to point out that we can not separate, within ourselves, what is good science vs. bad.

An Amish quote

"“Teaching children to count is fine, but teaching what counts is better.” 
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/galleries/delightful-amish-proverbs.aspx?p=5#FbvHSicWC8JiDLtU.99"

I agree with you. Before reading your message I had been thinking about Amish people. I love them. I also love physical work and think that I have to make use of all those things like medication or the internet but my ideal is different. I love the passages in the Gospel concerning the lives of Christian apostles. They had everything in common and were morally clean. I am really sad when I realize that I am so far from that ideal. Some day people will return to that mode of life I hope. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2015 at 2:59 PM, HAZARD said:

Every living thing has a soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

Hi Hazard,

I see this is an old thread, but... That's a very good explanation of the difference between body, soul and spirit. A few months ago I was at Wednesday evening Bible study our Pastor was leading. He mentioned the spirit and soul and without even thinking before hand, I blurted out, "what's the difference between the soul and spirit"? He nor anyone else was able to define it. Now, why I need to think before I open my mouth, is because knowing my Pastor, he will assign you to research a difficult question to get the answer. Guess what...

Anyway in short, as most other non defined questions, scholars vary greatly on their interpretations of the division I found. But one of the best analogies I heard was using a tire. The rubber tire represents the flesh, the inner-tube represents the soul, and the air that fills the tire is the spirit. With so many conflicting opinions by expositors it hard to discern the true difference. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Hazard,

I see this is an old thread, but... That's a very good explanation of the difference between body, soul and spirit. A few months ago I was at Wednesday evening Bible study our Pastor was leading. He mentioned the spirit and soul and without even thinking before hand, I blurted out, "what's the difference between the soul and spirit"? He nor anyone else was able to define it. Now, why I need to think before I open my mouth, is because knowing my Pastor, he will assign you to research a difficult question to get the answer. Guess what...

Anyway in short, as most other non defined questions, scholars vary greatly on their interpretations of the division I found. But one of the best analogies I heard was using a tire. The rubber tire represents the flesh, the inner-tube represents the soul, and the air that fills the tire is the spirit. With so many conflicting opinions by expositors it hard to discern the true difference. 

I am wanting to address soul and spirit but I am also interested in intelligence as from the devil I cannot see. What I hear is Satan gave us our brain when Adam ate of the fruit. To a degree that might have a little weight. since man is trying to advance without giving God credit for our intelligence. Still there is a mystery when it comes to our brain. The brain itself is not evil as was already said, it is our misuse and no obedience to lean on God.

I watch A movie on TV called Alice. Maybe some here saw it. Of Cource it was secular silence fiction. It did bring up my curiosity about our intelligence which in the show it said the man use of his brain power at best is only 20%. I would have no idea of how accurate that is? The brain is a master peace. Daniel said intelligence would greatly increase. This is scary knowing the habits of men to invent artificial intelligence capable  of making discions. with out our control.

Not the we should fear but we are on the verge of blowing ourselves to smithereens. Still no man can copy God when it comes to His creation. But if we could go past 20% there maybe not limits     

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, Dennis1209 said:

WHO holds the answer ?   (I know you know this)

WHO did HE reveal the answer to ?  (you haven't found this out yet, apparently)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I am wanting to address soul and spirit but I am also interested in intelligence as from the devil I cannot see. What I hear is Satan gave us our brain when Adam ate of the fruit. To a degree that might have a little weight. since man is trying to advance without giving God credit for our intelligence. Still there is a mystery when it comes to our brain. The brain itself is not evil as was already said, it is our misuse and no obedience to lean on God.

I watch A movie on TV called Alice. Maybe some here saw it. Of Cource it was secular silence fiction. It did bring up my curiosity about our intelligence which in the show it said the man use of his brain power at best is only 20%. I would have no idea of how accurate that is? The brain is a master peace. Daniel said intelligence would greatly increase. This is scary knowing the habits of men to invent artificial intelligence capable  of making discions. with out our control.

Not the we should fear but we are on the verge of blowing ourselves to smithereens. Still no man can copy God when it comes to His creation. But if we could go past 20% there maybe not limits     

First off, my translation doesn't use the word "intelligence", it says knowledge. There's a big difference between the two. Human intelligence has continued to devolve over time, everything always goes from order to chaos, our DNA is no different. Our "knowledge" has increased due to the advent of technology, and we are far from becoming more intelligent. Just an opinion.

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/6/2013 at 10:19 AM, Diatheosis said:

in this case would indeed refer to both of them being separate units although connected. 

Indeed. The spirit is our first nature. The soul is the second nature that we receive in order to interact with this world.