• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

i am from Australia i have not heard of the man my self or would i support his views but the unitting church as i know it is strugling and for him to say some would support his views i feel he is right

strange for some one like this man to say what he believes in and think normal christians will support his views

most of the people in the church i am settled in know plus the pastor are x members who want nothing to do with the unitting church the unitting church is even strugling to keep young familys and raise leaders

this man is from Melbourne i am from canberra so i guess there would be pastors hear in canberra that would know francis macnab of st michaels uniting church

hear is what i am finding hard to accept

jesus just a jewish peasant

the old faith is in large sections unbelievable we want to make the new faith more believable

his views and the amount that is going to be spent promoting the new faith is not going to be accepted by the christians in canberra i would not be supprised if we see more uniting church members leave the uniting church my pastor handed his resignation in to the synod he lost his rights as rev for the uniting church he does not care

he says its about searching not dogma it seeks the good the tender the beautiful and finds it in islam buddihsm and hinduism christianity and judaism

i guess he is going to have to answer to the older generation as they wil drill him

oh well he has decided to kick what jesus did for us in his face he is a fool

the only reason i am responding to this post is that i am an Australian and i dont want you guys thinking that all christians in my country will support his views or will this be accepted into our citys and country towns

just letting you know the uniting church is strugling

God bless from damo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

"New"???? This is just Deism re-wrapped.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The seeds of the One World Religion are being planted. Apparently, the pastor hasn't read his Bible. God will not be mocked and blasphemy is a deadly sin. I wouldn't want to stand next to this 'holy man' in a lightening storm..... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Just one more person who has bought into the lies of the devil. He really needs our prayers.

Amen, it is foul, but hopefully the Lord will open his eyes. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

This is just one more sad sign of the times. I agree with morning glory I wouldnt want to be near him in a lightening storm either. However we do need to pray about this & all other people like this. If people would read their Bibles more they wouldn't be fooled by this blasphemy. Unfortunately many will be fooled by false prophets & false teaching especially in the end times. As for me I'll keep on praying!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

"there is nothing new under the sun"

Does not suprise me i the least

The heart of the Emergent Church.

According to Dr Macnab, the new faith transcends denominations and religions. It is about searching, not dogma. It seeks the good, the tender and the beautiful, and finds it in Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism.

He forgot to include Agnostics and Atheist ...

Dr Macnab says Abraham is probably a concoction, Moses was a mass murderer and Jesus Christ just a Jewish peasant who certainly was not God. In fact, there is no God,

And New Age ...

in the usual sense of an interventionist deity - what we strive for is a presence both within and beyond us.

What does God have to say?

2 Thessalonians 2

The Great Apostasy

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Stand Fast

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

:laugh:

Woe

Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:

That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! Isaiah 5:18-21

Woe

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:1-4

Woe

Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me. Hosea 7:13

:emot-handshake:

Believers Still Flee The Sure Wrath To Come

Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

Zechariah 7:12

Rejoicing To See The God Of Hosts

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

The LORD God Redeemer

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Job 19:25

Jesus The Christ

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

Salvation

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Revelation 12:9-10

Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

:thumbsup:

Thank You LORD Jesus

Amen

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Link here.

This is just foul.

I won't even go tho the link, but from comments I've read here it sort of sounds like the ecumenical movement; let's get everyone to unite.

In Jesus' name

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

"let God be true, but every man a liar"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

I'm glad God is letting us know so we can be of service to those who will be disappointed by this church. Praise the Lord there is a site like this and people who like to keep us informed! :rolleyes: