• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Awww :whistling:

Thanks RG and "Axxbaby". (sorry - I could NOT resist that! :24: )

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, we already should be, just stop the poor poor me routine.

there is no poor poor me routine RG. you're saying on the one hand that everyone is whining about persecution, when in fact, the OP was about the top ten examples in 08 of the bashing of christianity...

WE are stepping up to the plate and saying no more. you're saying quit whining. and then you say we already should be? WE ARE. that's the whole point of this thread.

i haven't once pouted about anything here, so please stop attacking. i asked you legitimate questions that were based on your own responses in this thread. responses which are indicative of an apathy and a contempt.

but I will admit there may be some contempt for my fellow Christians that hide in their churches and use the excuse of persecution for their reason.

and who the heck is doing that? name one single person in this thread that describes.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

ahhhh, was someone mean to you? Did they say bad things to you? Give me a break.

Were you arrested? Were you beaten? Was your very life in danger? Did anyone burn down your house? Did they drive you from your town?

I know of a teenage girl who was murdered for her faith here in America.

And I know of a man that was murdered due to his sexual preference. I doubt you would agree that homosexuals are persecuted in this country.

You were asking about Christians in America. I told you of one. Is your answer a denial of this or what? :whistling:

This really is not the way to bring balance to a discussion.

As the saying goes, it's better to attract flies with honey than vinegar.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

If you think Christians are persecuted relative to other religions, read the following link. Christians are 3/4 of the population.

Out of 1,400 offenses committed with the victims religion being the motivation of the crime,

969/1,400 Were against Jews. They are maybe 1% Of the population.

115/1,400 Were against Muslims. They are maybe 1% of the population.

130/1,400 Were against Other Religions. Again, a very small percentage, probably 10% or less.

62/1,400 Were against Multiple Religions/Groups.

6/1,400 Were against Atheists/Agnostics. 10-20%, depending on the polls you read.

115/1,400 Were Anti-Christian, Including both Protestants and Catholics. About half were Anti Protestant, about Half were Anti Catholic.

If you think that source is full of poo poo, go argue with The FBI. The website also details crimes based on motive of the victims sexual orientation. That section is astoundingly more disproportionate.

Tell me, who is getting persecuted, and if we were to infer from this data, who ends up committing the majority of religious hate crimes? Its an unfortunate fact. Thats why its hypocritical to cry persecution. Nearly every Pagan I know has had to deal with intolerant bullying at some point or another. It was almost never from members of their own religion.

Christians arguing that they are persecuted in America for their beliefs is like Pacman arguing he is persecuted by the power pellets.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

One quick thing I would like to add is this. We need to remember that there are many tares among the wheat. Out of the 3/4 of the nation professing to be Christian, how many of those are false converts, or wolves in sheeps clothing so to speak?

When I think about that, it makes it easier to believe that we are a minority.

If you think Christians are persecuted relative to other religions, read the following link. . . .

In a country whose Constitution guarantees freedom of religion, there shouldn't be any mistreatment of individuals on account of religion.

And like LadyC mentioned, actions such as these are the first steps towards things getting much worse.

Already people want us to keep our religion behind church doors. Already "hate speech" legislation is in the works so that even in church a pastor cannot call homosexuality a sin.

Doesn't this concern you? :th_praying:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

One quick thing I would like to add is this. We need to remember that there are many tares among the wheat. Out of the 3/4 of the nation professing to be Christian, how many of those are false converts, or wolves in sheeps clothing so to speak?

When I think about that, it makes it easier to believe that we are a minority.

I agree to a point. Allow me to add that there are those who are brothers and sisters that say nothing and do nothing, believing that Jesus will do everything, so sit back and watch. They are not bad people at all, but have been led to let go and let God for everything. Letting go and letting God does not mean to do nothing, but allowing Him to lead in what should be done.

No, it has not reached 1st century preportions yet, but those persecutions began small and grew as well, just as the ones in this country will. Especially when some people try and deny it is even happening.

Perhaps you have not heard of Stephen.

Peter and John got arrested and were ordered not to speak about Jesus well before this happened.

A Christian crying persecution in this country is equal to a white male complaining about discrimination.

I can understand what you are thinking.

However, it's like the way you cook a frog. Put a frog in cold water and slowly heat the water. The frog doesn't notice the water is getting hotter and hotter, so it doesn't jump out of the pot. Eventually, the heat kills the frog, and the frog didn't know it was getting cooked.

The concern is that we are in the pot and the water is being slowly heated.