GlidingWings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This is not a proof text indicating we cannot know whether the rapture is pre or post trib. It just means what it says, that no one knows the day or hour. Not that we can't know the timeline. Infact, the disciples asked Jesus, and He told them :thumbsup: . And what do you think 1 Thess 4 is about, if not the rapture?

Okay, I read those passages word by word....I narrowed it down to these, which I'm assuming you were referring to:

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I love to read this but.....it tells us we will be with Him forever; there's not a pre-trib, mid-trib or post trib message here, there's not even a confirmation of the Rapture. We can't let our own wishes color our interpretation of Scripture, sister. I want the pre-trib view to be true as well but we simply can't know until the Lord is ready. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I think Nyoka does make a great point this is how Christians should feel. But for a lot it

People need to know the trib and the antichrist really do happen first to be ready to be prepared. Jesus Loves us and told us the truth as Christians we also try to tell others when we care.

State your case. Why do your believe the way you do?

This is not a proof text indicating we cannot know whether the rapture is pre or post trib. It just means what it says, that no one knows the day or hour. Not that we can't know the timeline. Infact, the disciples asked Jesus, and He told them :thumbsup: . And what do you think 1 Thess 4 is about, if not the rapture?

Okay, I read those passages word by word....I narrowed it down to these, which I'm assuming you were referring to:

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I love to read this but.....it tells us we will be with Him forever; there's not a pre-trib, mid-trib or post trib message here, there's not even a confirmation of the Rapture. We can't let our own wishes color our interpretation of Scripture, sister. I want the pre-trib view to be true as well but we simply can't know until the Lord is ready. :)

I think the question that needs to be asked is, Does the Lord return at the beginning, the middle, or the end of the Tribulation?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

People need to know the trib and the antichrist really do happen first to be ready to be prepared. Jesus Loves us and told us the truth as Christians we also try to tell others when we care.

State your case. Why do your believe the way you do?

Okay, here we go! :blink:

Possibly another can of worms, so be very careful how you answer. :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think the question that needs to be asked is,

I think the question that needs to be asked is,

I think the question that needs to be asked is, "Does the Lord return at the beginning, the middle, or the end of the Tribulation?"

I know we'd all love to know the answer to that question but it's not for us to know....yet. Whatever we say is pure speculation.

The two witness' mentioned in Revelation, does that event occur during the tribulation?

I'm actually not sure; I'll have to reread that but I THINK that event occurs before the tribulation.