oldzimm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I will be the first to admit I know virtually nothing of the Trinity United Church of Christ.

Might I point out though, that you have offered no proof connecting the Trinity United Church of Christ with Black Liberation Theology. If you have such evidence, it might be beneficial to provide it.

Did you read my post? I stated that it is the book they promote there. It is the book they teach from. Its on their website, or was when I looked last, which was last year. Ive been following this since before the election. It is the doctrinal stance wright himself keeps proclaiming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Argument for arguments sake is not constructive....so without mentioning names ...could anyone who is not really part of this debate refrain from placing a mistimed oar in the water as it throws the whole thing off balance. Thanks. Botz

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Do YOU? :rolleyes:

I have already pointed out scripture on the subject. Do you have any reply as to why you would accuse people of doing something which they are not doing? That is called bearing false witness.

Here is the scripture in question, which directly refutes what you are saying. Perhaps you could give us some simple exegesis of the passages:

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

We have a responsibility. Some choose to exercise it, some choose to ignore it, and some choose to criticize anyone else who exercises that responsibility. Were Obama a non-believer, I would have no comment on the subject, but he repeatedly says he is a Christian. That gives me both the right, and the responsibility to compare what he says with what he does.

I keep things simple; i.e. "Judge not, lest ye be judged". Why do you take my comment personally? It was not made about you or anyone else in particular and, as always, the 'false witness' accusation is made. Don't do it, I won't stand for it. It was a general statement about an issue; you can't refute anything because you don't understand my statement. Your quotes simply don't address the topic which is ...... Is Obama a Muslim or a Christian? I believe he is neither. Now.....want to stay on topic or do you want to do the usual? :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

After having the net be my link to the outside world for so many years I have found that words matter, they show intent, emotions, contempt, graciousness, attitude, the whole array of human emotions and meanings can be seen in peoples words. We often say we cannot see the nuances of peoples faces or body language, which is true but words, our words we put out to the world show who we are also. We have Gods Words, words written in a book that help us to know our God and Messiah, we can see emotion or feel it through those words. We have the Spirit guiding us through those written words just as we have His Spirit as christians who is supposed to be guiding us when we write, act and do. Please examine how we all present our words to others and that through them we give a representation of ourselves that exposes us to all those reading. Please keep things civil or the thread will have to be shut down.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Argument for arguments sake is not constructive....so without mentioning names ...could anyone who is not really part of this debate refrain from placing a mistimed oar in the water as it throws the whole thing off balance. Thanks. Botz

:laugh: I like that quote, I never heard that subject being worded that way before.

Now for the topic, in all due respect to MorningGlory, I must disagree. It is our duty as Christians and as citizens of this great country, to get the word out of impending dangers to individuals and/or to this country. There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is a wolf in the hen house.

The good thing is we can keep Obama at bay, because he is in the public's eye, anybody with an open mind can see through his lies and his masquerade. The scary part is wolves travel in packs and we can't see some of the other wolves.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

He's against national prayer day and always siding with the muslims.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

He's against national prayer day and always siding with the muslims.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that took notice to that, well that makes two of us. :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

One last word of advice as no one seems to be listening, and it gives me no pleasure in closing threads.

MorningGlory has come on and said something that sort of cuts across what was being debated and things get personal...the easiest least confrontational option is to ignore it if you think it is irrelevant or divisive...or give it the briefest of reference and move on...

If you now make an issue out of a non-issue, IMO...it demonstrates another degree of unnecessary contention that could be avoided...why bother?

So I would like to say openly...MG, please don't jump into debates when you know you are probably just stirring the pot, and Cobalt, Matt and others try to remain calm and don't swallow the bait.

I know this has happened on a number of occassions...even regularly, but it really is time to see some change in attitudes despite personality clashes. Love of the brethren is meant to single us out.

Romans 12:1-2. Botz

:laugh: I like that quote, I never heard that subject being worded that way before.

Now for the topic, in all due respect to MorningGlory, I must disagree. It is our duty as Christians and as citizens of this great country, to get the word out of impending dangers to individuals and/or to this country. There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is a wolf in the hen house.

The good thing is we can keep Obama at bay, because he is in the public's eye, anybody with an open mind can see through his lies and his masquerade. The scary part is wolves travel in packs and we can't see some of the other wolves.

O.Z., you always know how to disagree with someone graciously and in a Christ-like manner and I wish I could be more like you. Kudos, brother! :cool:

If you don't like these types of threads, the solution is a very simple one. You are not required to read them, and you are not required to post in them. Problem solved and you will be spared all the pain and frustration and endless grief of someone tearing themselves down.

I don't take orders from you either.