• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Tinky makes a valid point at which we as Christians should be able to come to a common consent based upon our collective maturity in Christ and discernment of good and evil having had our senses exercised to do so. While there is a biblical standard for showing the ingesting of alcohol to be OK in moderation, I can find nothing in scripture that gives understanding as to anything good or bad concerning the burning and inhaling of a substance outside of incense. There is a reference of two having brought strange fire before the Lord who were dealt with harshly for their error. Their job was to burn incense in their censers before the Lord.

I tend to err on the side of caution because we live in a sinful world where we are admonished about the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There is a difference. One glass of wine should not get anyone drunk. It may take three or more, depending on your metabolism and how often you drink. However, one hit of marijuana will get you stoned. It is like apples and oranges. That is the trouble with questions about pot. There really is no comparison.

What is your opinion on medicinal marijuana?

The same I have about any medicine. There is a time for them and a time not to use them. I have been up front that I had smoked pot for well over 35 years, mostly for medical reasons after 1987. I did this until Christ healed me. Then, I no longer needed the drug to curb the pain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is a difference. One glass of wine should not get anyone drunk. It may take three or more, depending on your metabolism and how often you drink. However, one hit of marijuana will get you stoned. It is like apples and oranges. That is the trouble with questions about pot. There really is no comparison.

The same I have about any medicine. There is a time for them and a time not to use them. I have been up front that I had smoked pot for well over 35 years, mostly for medical reasons after 1987. I did this until Christ healed me. Then, I no longer needed the drug to curb the pain.

Yeah! but your still batty... He healed ya good huh! LOL

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Ask a pharmacist. Medical marijuana exists in the form of marinol, a pill that takes marijuana into standardized form as a pain medication. It is rarely used because folks do not like it. It does not work as well as other pain meds and they do not get high from it.

Medical marijuana laws were written to start the process of legalizing it for recreational use. No other medicine is permitted to be sold in unstandardized form by someone not a medical practioner. Since it is not standardized in potency, one can have varied effects from it. Which is not how real medicine is practiced in this country.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The King James Bible translators translated “pharmakia” as “witchcraft”, because witches and sorcerers used drugs most commonly in pagan worship to hallucinate and to try to get in touch with evil spirits.

I sure hope you are not implying that doctors and medical folks are witches because they prescribe or dispense legal drugs to people.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Whoa! Take it easy, guys! :laugh:

I was looking at it from this angle: It's not wrong for Christians to drink alcohol as long as they don't get drunk, so would smoking marijuana in moderation also be okay?

If you have to ask, then it's not faith. If it's not faith, then it's sin.

Since when is asking a question a lack of faith?

What if she was asking the question to open a dialogue about it because others were asking her and she desired input?

You should not be so quick to judge the motives of one's heart like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa! Take it easy, guys! :laugh:

I was looking at it from this angle: It's not wrong for Christians to drink alcohol as long as they don't get drunk, so would smoking marijuana in moderation also be okay?

By the way, I don't do either. I'm simply curious of the types of answers this subject would receive.

Looks like you got some interesting answers. :laugh:

I spent a good part of my life in the drug scene before finding Christ. That's why I answered the way I did. Jesus cured my addictions and I have no desire or use for those substances any more. I'm glad of the freedom from that bondage.

Alcohol can be consumed in moderation, and a person need not get drunk. Marijuana is different. There's no reason to smoke the stuff if you're not going to get high. There is a huge difference. Marijuana can still be a gateway to other drugs even if its legal in some areas now.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Maybe it's just that time of year. A few reminders. This may sound familiar. Abuse of other posters is not allowed. Debate the subject not the person and more importantly respect each other in the love of God. It is possible to disagree on a subject/doctrine without insulting/attacking the person with whom you are debating.

God bless,

GE

From the WCF ToS

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Maybe it's just that time of year.

Nummm......I thought that was New Year's? Let's finish the chocolates and candy canes first....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Yeah! but your still batty... He healed ya good huh! LOL

You're just jealous! :whistling: