• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

We have no other accurate source for this answer than Jesus Himself -

John 8:58

New King James Version (NKJV)

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Since the Father is called "I AM" I would say that Jesus is God.

With regard to the tempting. Jesus was tempted immediately after the Holy Spirit came upon Him at His baptism in the Jordan. Though weakened by a lack of food, those who have fasted for even 21 days find strength through the Word

of God. Jesus who had the Holy Spirit to help Him though tested/ tempted did not give in to the temptation.

In Exodus we are told that Moses, Aaron and 72 other people went up and saw the God of Israel......... Jesus tell us that no man has ever seen the Father, so the Father can not be the entity Moses knew as God.......... Yahweh was Jesus himself when he was in the form of God as the Book of John explains.

That doesn't quite mean what you think it means, Other one. t least not in the purely mechanical interpretation of that verse. No man has ever seen God in his true form or essence. God showed himself to man in different ways or Theophanies , but never plain and outright. He showed Moses and Israel his back. He came down in the form of an Angel and Talked with Abraham, etc, etc.

Exo 33:20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

Exo 33:21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;

Exo 33:22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.

Exo 33:23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

You cannot separate the Father and Son as if Christ was a different God, and the Father was another God. There is only One God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). No man has ever seen God in the sense that until Christ came and took his place among us as a man, we did not have the intimacy or relationship with God that is only found through the Lord Jesus Christ. "Christ said if you seen me, you have seen the Father". Scripture says:

Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained him.

The sense is, no man has seen God (or understood God until the Son was sent to this earth to fully flesh him out.) Christ is very Jehovah God, creator of all things, equal with the Father, but he voluntarily took on the form of a servant and went into death for our sake. He was not and is not a lesser God than the Father.

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

The Apostle John saw the Father in Revelation. Or at least a glimpse of his Glory. So it's not talking about simply seeing God.

Rev 4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne.

Rev 4:3 And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald in appearance.

Actually I think the Bible is very explicit in who saw what:

Ex 24:9-11

9 Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11 Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they beheld God, and they ate and drank.

NASB

They went up and thay saw the God of Israel....... made a note that He did not stretch out his hand against them, so they must have expected God to harm them, then they note that they beheld God and they ate and drank letting us understand that they were their physically and it was not a vision.

I think the Bible is very clear that 74 People saw the God of Israel, spoke of things under His feet so it wasn't a burning bush........ and it was not the Father.

Jesus came into this world to make it possible for us not to go to hell, and also introduce us to the trinity. I do not think personally that Moses understood the triune nature of our God. I do believe that he (Moses) only understood what Jesus was when he was in the God form.

I am in complete agreement that they saw the God of Israel, I am in disagreement with the statements that it was only the Word, or Jesus who they saw (Pre-incarnation). There are not two God's, there is only one God. God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) is the God of Israel. JEHOVA!

Deu 6:4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

Isa 45:4 "For the sake of Jacob My servant, And Israel My chosen one, I have also called you by your name; I have given you a title of honor Though you have not known Me.

Isa 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me;

Man has never seen the Father in his pure essence, but he was right there with Moses, Abraham, and all the other patriarchs in various Theophanies. In his essence as God you would be wrong to place every instance that man saw 'God" on simply the Lord Jesus. He is not another God, or a separate God. He is very God along with the Father.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

How do you rationalize the following passage in Exodus when God said-

Exodus 33:20

New King James Version (NKJV)

20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

That is why so many times men saw the back of God or His glory but they could not look upon His face. When the patriarchs say they saw God they saw Jesus the Word but not the Father whose face no man could look upon.

So, are you saying there are two God's? Are you saying the Lord Jesus is a somewhat lesser God than the Father? Please understand my question. When our Lord became a man, he automatically took a lower place to the Father. He became poor for our sake's, he made himself a servant to the Father for our sake, but in his original glory, in his pure essence before he became a man, he was the Eternal Logos, very God with the Father, creator of all things, upholder of all things. Scripture makes no such distinction when it speaks of God in the Old Testament, Christ was very JEHOVAH God along with the Father. He is still God, but he is also a real man. Where in scripture does it give one the right to distinguish the Theophanies of God as men only seeing Christ as if he was some lesser God?

Isa 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

From discussion in this original thread: http://www.worthychr.../page__st__20

This thread has two questions:

A. Was Jesus God?

B. Was Jesus 100% man and 100% God?

Interesting to read your thoughts. Bliblical backing is always welcomed. Looking forward to a good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

Thought I'd responded to this, but I can't see where I have, at least in this version of the original thread.

Is Jesus God?

Jesus is fully God.

Colossians 2:9 (KJV)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

But Jesus is not totally God. There are two other coexisting coequal individuals who (with Jesus) are the one God.

The Father is God:

John 20:17 (KJV)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

The Holy Spirit is God:

Acts 5:3-4 (KJV)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

There is one God:

Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Jesus is 100% God:

Colossians 2:9 (KJV)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus is 100% man:

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

In his Spirit Jesus is God the Word (John 1:1) who became man (John 1:14) without ceasing to be God (Philippians 2:6 in the Greek morphe theos huparchon never ceasing to be God).

Isaiah 44:24 (KJV)

24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

That is the preincarnate Jesus who alone created all things created in the beginning. And who alone is our redeemer. Neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit shed blood to save us. Only Jesus is our redeemer.

John 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 (KJV)

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:1 (JohnD)

1 In the beginning God the Word alone created the heaven and the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Jesus did the best explaining of His relationship with the Father in John -

John 17

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal lifeto all those you have given him.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you,the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

~~~~~

Jesus Prays for All Believers

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
I have made you
[
]
known to them,and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Father is separate from the Son just as the Holy Spirit is separate from the Father and the Son yet They are all in One. Just like the apple tree without the tree you have no apple and without the apple you have no seed and without the seed you have no tree. Separate but one.

The Father does one thing the Son another and the Holy Spirit yet another all ONE in the God Head.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

From discussion in this original thread: http://www.worthychr.../page__st__20

This thread has two questions:

A. Was Jesus God?

B. Was Jesus 100% man and 100% God?

Interesting to read your thoughts. Bliblical backing is always welcomed. Looking forward to a good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

No- he denied it, and worships his GOD and Father.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Here is a brain teaser.

The bible says the all of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Meaning the Father, Word and Spirit dwelled in him fully. He was not just a part of the trinity he was the trinity. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all together.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Here is a brain teaser.

The bible says the all of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Meaning the Father, Word and Spirit dwelled in him fully. He was not just a part of the trinity he was the trinity. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all together.

One God - Three person's all in One. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Not sure if anyone has posted this scripture, but if they have :thumbsup:

Mathew 1:23

"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which is translated, "God with us."

The name Emmanuel (also Immanuel or Imanu'el) of the Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל "God [is] with us" consists of two Hebrew words: אֵל (El, meaning 'God') and עִמָּנוּ (ʻImmānū, meaning 'with us');

Also:

Isaiah 9:6

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder, And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

And:

1 John 5:20

"And we know that the Son of God has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

Lets not forget Thomas (who is speaking to Jesus)

John 20:28

"And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My LORD and my God"

And another :

Luke 1:47

"And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior."

God is surely Jesus! And dwelt among men! :

1 Tim 3:16

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

And again :

John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

And a question. . . I found this very interesting and thought I would share what I had came across. . .

"One of the most famous of these is the shamrock which St. Patrick used as he evangelized Ireland. Holding up a shamrock to the angry pagans who demanded an explanation about how God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one God yet three beings, he asked them if he was holding up one leaf or three. If three leaves then why one stem? If one stem then why three leaves? The crowd was silenced and St. Patrick said; "And if you cannot explain so simple a mystery as the shamrock, how can you hope to understand one as profound as the Holy Trinity?"

God bless you, and I pray that the Holy Spirit guides you to truth, in the Name of Jesus, amen

Love to you in His Holy Precious Name!

Isa 43:11 KJV I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Luk_2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

1Jn 4:14 KJV And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus is, was and always will be God. Jesus is Lord!