• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Allofgrace from:

http://www.worthychr...#entry1913555

I think on this one Mike is right that Jesus did not always know what one was thinking.

Lol!!! I will take this as a rare compliment. My name is Mike, and I agree with all of Allofgrace's Message!!

Golden Eagle, you are dodging scriptures brother. Jesus was tempted, God can't be tempted. Can you sort that out?

We don't need a Jesus is God thread. John Called him God, and Thomas Called him God, and Jesus did not correct Thomas for doing so.

God his Father, also called him God. Good enough for me. Jesus Is God!!!

question.

Did Jesus operate on Earth as a God, or a man filled with the Holy Spirit being an example to us. Even we are told things ahead of time by the Holy Spirit, that don't make us God All knowing.

Jesus Is Lord.

Are these the passages you are referring to from this post? http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/161299-matt-85-13-jesus-heals-a-centurion%e2%80%99s-servant/page__st__20#entry1912864

Golden Eagle:

Okay here you say Jesus is 100% God. Is God Omniscient? I would say yes. Would you?

WoW Golden Eagle. I hope you have more depth than this. Using what I said, to fling fourth a doctrine of yours, while ignoring the other scriptures, I gave. Look, I don't have to be right, or try to prove you wrong. If in anyway I can get you to see something, then it's worth continuing. I'll try one more time.

Is God Omniscient? You would say yes, and of Course I should say yes. I have learned through the years to stick 100% with scriptures, allow no contradictions. If it's not in the Word, then not interested.

AMP with footnote: I could not find the footnote in my other amplified bibles but this came up in search.

Pro_2:5 Then you will understand the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of [our omniscient] God.(A)

You bring a word in here that has no Greek or Hebrew equivalent. We have to accept the Non bible understanding as being a bible understanding. We should never do that. We stick only with the Word.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

I won't go into this further, I can clearly show you passages where God did not know something. You have to add and twist to make the scriptures say different. The question is was Jesus God, and if God, would he have not known what the Centurion was going to ask ahead of time.

If Jesus was God then..................

Jas_1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

God can not be tempted, won't even cross his mind. Jesus was tempted, and tempted in about every thing like we are tempted to do wrong, yet Jesus did not sin.

So, was Jesus God?

If so why was he tempted?

I'll let you ponder this one.

Jesus Is Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

not only was Jesus God, He still is God

Rev 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Rev 1:11

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

when did the Almighty. Alpha and Omega, the First and Last, die? when Jesus Christ was hanging on the cross

Edited by His_disciple3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Thought I might help you out a bit GE and move my response to here.

Golden Eagle:

Okay here you say Jesus is 100% God. Is God Omniscient? I would say yes. Would you?

WoW Golden Eagle. I hope you have more depth than this. Using what I said, to fling fourth a doctrine of yours, while ignoring the other scriptures, I gave. Look, I don't have to be right, or try to prove you wrong. If in anyway I can get you to see something, then it's worth continuing. I'll try one more time.

Is God Omniscient? You would say yes, and of Course I should say yes. I have learned through the years to stick 100% with scriptures, allow no contradictions. If it's not in the Word, then not interested.

AMP with footnote: I could not find the footnote in my other amplified bibles but this came up in search.

Pro_2:5 Then you will understand the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of [our omniscient] God.(A)

You bring a word in here that has no Greek or Hebrew equivalent. We have to accept the Non bible understanding as being a bible understanding. We should never do that. We stick only with the Word.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

I won't go into this further, I can clearly show you passages where God did not know something. You have to add and twist to make the scriptures say different. The question is was Jesus God, and if God, would he have not known what the Centurion was going to ask ahead of time.

If Jesus was God then..................

Jas_1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

God can not be tempted, won't even cross his mind. Jesus was tempted, and tempted in about every thing like we are tempted to do wrong, yet Jesus did not sin.

So, was Jesus God?

If so why was he tempted?

I'll let you ponder this one.

Jesus Is Lord.

Remember that Jesus being fully GOD, is also fully Man. It is obvious, and true that His physicality was tempted, but looking deeper into this, He had to be tempted. Above all else we learn that He was lead to do so by the spirit, for this was a fulfillment of Hebrews 4:15 "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin." He needed and had to be tempted in every way, for in this He has sympathy upon His people, knowing the trials it brings upon us and how hard it can be! Now, Christ being sinless, did not take upon this temptation rather rebuked Satan, by this I mean, that the sin did not take seed, had it, He would not have been sinless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Taking that a step further, from what I have found, the word being used as "tempt" is translated as put under trial. Food for thought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

A & B = Absolutely yes.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus was tempted, God can't be tempted. Can you sort that out?

Oh Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

Jesus was tempted means he was put in situations that proved him, they proved that he could not be tempted by sin as if he might chose to do so. We are admonished not to tempt the Lord our God who is the same God that can't be tempted. God has no desire to do that which is sinful and therefore cannot be tempted to sin.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

The Holy Spirit working through David makes the following statement

A Psalm of David.

The Lord said to my Lord,

“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

God the Lord is speaking to Jesus and calls Him Lord.

Then Jesus quotes the same passage in Mark

Mark 12:36

New King James Version (NKJV)

36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,

“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’

That pretty much settles it - Don't you think? They are One yet 3, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus was tempted, God can't be tempted. Can you sort that out?

Oh Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

Jesus was tempted means he was put in situations that proved him, they proved that he could not be tempted by sin as if he might chose to do so. We are admonished not to tempt the Lord our God who is the same God that can't be tempted. God has no desire to do that which is sinful and therefore cannot be tempted to sin.

I agree Gary! :thumbsup:

The Holy Spirit working through David makes the following statement

A Psalm of David.

The Lord said to my Lord,

“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

God the Lord is speaking to Jesus and calls Him Lord.

Then Jesus quotes the same passage in Mark

Mark 12:36

New King James Version (NKJV)

36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,

“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’

That pretty much settles it - Don't you think? They are One yet 3, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Excellent passage I agree Little. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I think the problem is an assumption's being made that, if Jesus was/is God, He wouldn't be able to do things that Scripture states God doesn't do. I have seen no basis for this assumption.

Jesus was fully man and fully God, having a dualistic nature. This is why He could be tempted(human nature) but resist all temptation every time(divine nature). This is why He could forgive sin(divine nature) and He also slept(human nature). This is also why He was omniscient(divine nature) but also needed to eat and drink(human nature).

Neither nature interfered with nor impeded the other.