IGNORED

Cardinal Peter Turkson, Islamic roots

bornagain2011

No one knows but the Father was while Jesus was a human and it had not been revealed to Him by the Holy Spirit. Once in Heaven again, of course He knew when it would be. He is GOD, after all, is He not?

Well, I have not read anywhere that Jesus or anyone else knows the day and/or hour. Are you saying that he wasn't fully God when he was here in the flesh? I understand your thinking, but I don't think it scriptural, I think it's human conjecture. What scripture makes you think the Holy Spirit knows?

I believe in the "Trinity" although it is never specifically mentioned by name in scripture. John 14:16 quotes Jesus as saying "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." (NKJV) Looks like three separate, yet one entity to me.

As for Jesus now knowing, He is GOD. And the Holy Spirit? He is GOD. Are they not?

Jesus was fully GOD and fully man while here on earth. He laid aside His divinity (that may not be the right word) in order to satisfy GOD's requirement as the only sinless human being adequate to be our sin sacrifice and Savior. Any knowledge and strength He received here on Earth was given to Him either from GOD through prayer or the Holy Spirit. Just as it is for us. Remember, he had to be just like us in every way (except for our sinful nature) and be able to resist sin using only the same Tools afforded us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

And the plot thickens....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Then there is Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro (Peter in English) Evasio Bertone, born in Romano Canavese, who bears the name Peter and was born in Romano (Rome).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,175
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Then there is Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro (Peter in English) Evasio Bertone, born in Romano Canavese, who bears the name Peter and was born in Romano (Rome).

I believe that he is the person who will stand in until the new pope is selected.