IGNORED

Why do you think people need to feel better about themselves?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Is it a sin to want to feel better about yourself?  I guess I'm not really getting this.

I guess the next question would be "is it a sin to feel bad about yourself?" To which I would answer not really. It is more like a human thing. Everyone has had times in their life when they feel less of a person. The problem happens when these feelings don't go away. And still I do not believe that is a sin. More like a short coming that needs to be work on. We all have our demons to fight.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,458
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The journey is not into self but quite the opposite! It is loosing self by growing into The Who of our Lord -thus forming us to be like

Christ we will lovingly focus upon our neighbor (no matter familiar or stranger) with equal concern as self! Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The journey is not into self but quite the opposite! It is loosing self by growing into The Who of our Lord -thus forming us to be like

Christ we will lovingly focus upon our neighbor (no matter familiar or stranger) with equal concern as self! Love, Steven

Amen!!

The first chapter of Ephesians tells us who we are IN CHRIST. The key is the in Christ. This is who we all are who are born again. God is transforming us into His likeness. The rest, even the physical impairments, will disappear in their importance as we look at peoples hearts, as God sees them. As God transforms us, we not only see people through rose colored glasses, or in this case blood colored glasses, we see people as being lost and miserable or else being "in the process of reflecting Christ." Yes, their faults are dim but present; yet it is their strengths that we notice and how they are beginning to look like their Dad.

It always saddens me when people THINK they see Christians as God sees them but in reality they see only the faults, real or imagined. It means that they see God as a harsh and judgemental God, as the man who buried his talents who called God a hard Man. God is a hard taskmaster to His enemies but full of grace and compassion for sinners, and for those who will call upon Him and be faithful to Him. Matt 25:24-28

Maturity in Christ causes us to not care very much about what people think. We care most about what God thinks.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

2 Cor. 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For things which are seen are temporary, but the things that are not seen are eternal.

Why do people want to change themselves? The world wants to fit us into its mold. It tells us via the media that we must look like this, dress like this, use these cosmetics, be young and look young, act young , smell like this perfume, drive this car, have this many children, and most of all, be "politically correct". It is brainwashing, and I am rebelling against the world's system.

By the way, guys, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy. But men are much more impressed by "definition" of muscles than most women are. I have always considered the competition body builders as appearing uh, deformed--especially when they can't fit into normal clothing but have to have it tailored. Not that it matters how they look. God looks at the heart--right?

P.s. Notice how Steven can say in a dozen words what I ramble on about forever.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Gosh, LadyKay, you sound like this thread really hit home.  Look, you're here among your fellow Christians and you are a daughter of the Most High King.  Let that other stufff go because you KNOW He loves you and thinks you're wonderful.  :mgbowtie:

I was just answering the question. Personally I like myself. I didn't use too but for the most part I do now. A few years ago when I was working at an office store, I was being made fun of by some co-workers for the way I dressed, the color of my hair, ect ect. I told them that  I know deep down inside they all wish they were me. They didn't like that very much. They didn't have the guts to be their own person and not follow the sheep.  But yeah, that was  basically my childhood and that is one of the reason why some people could be unhappy with the way they were made.

Well I'm glad to hear that, LadyKay.  I think I misunderstood you.  Being yourself, bottom line, is all ANY of us can aspire to.  :mgbowtie:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

It has taken alot of work to love myself unconditionally like God loves me.This has taken a long time for me.I wanted to have everything perfect on myself or I did not think this world would except me.Gray hair,not perfect body,no makeup,not fancy clothes.But this is who I truly am and this is the way God sees me and still loves me.To not care about what the world thinks of me or trying to out due Susie next door.That is what this post is all about to me.It has taken years of looking at myself and who I really want to be.I have to be one of the lowest maintenace females around but I am feeling very secure right now.Thanks to God. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Bopeep...What you just said above is me too...and it's just ok-I'm not ashamed of anything anymore...And Getting to Know My Creator Has Made me Whole...Nothing missing...On the outside or the inside...In Him...I'm whole!!! I'm not trying to please the world or anybody else anymore...and can't wait to see What God Still Has In Store and His Future Plans For me...Wow oh Wow...I'm excited!!!

I've said many times: Even if my house is not cleaned up and I need a change of clothes...I still invite Jesus into my house everyday...Not ashamed anymore!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Guest LadyC

Why can't people be happy with themselves the way God made them?

because most people don't know their value in His eyes.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,that is what I am getting at.Not trying to make anyone feel bad about themselves but sharing my experiences of feeling free now in God's hands.