IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I can still see for many, this thread has gone nowhere. As long as there are some who think conscious life can originate with a piece of material matter like a rock (as the pagans believed) then it will go nowhere.

Satan loves the trick of making the deceived think that when man's flesh dies, that his spirit dies along with it, which goes against what Solomon showed in Eccl.12:5-7 by the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/26/2013 at 6:03 AM, Oldsaint said:

The term soul can mean the whole individual as in a "living soul"; and it can mean the spiritual essence of the individual, apart from the body.

The distiction can be seen when Jesus warns His disciples to fear God and not man because it is God who can cast the the BODY AND SOUL into hell.....definitely making a distinction between the two.

And we also see the distinction when Paul prays God, "preserves the whole , body and soul and spirit , blameless........"   We, the children of God are triune beings; that is we are a body, a soul and a spirit.  That is the image and likeness that Adam and Eve were originally created and that we are re-created into.

That text in Matt 10:27-28 says "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul , rather fear Him who is able to destroy BOTH body AND soul in fiery hell"

As Ezek 18:4 says "the soul that sins - it shall die". (I think this is a reference to Rev 20 , second death, where both body and soul are cast into fiery hell)

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 10/18/2016 at 6:30 PM, Salty said:

I can still see for many, this thread has gone nowhere. As long as there are some who think conscious life can originate with a piece of material matter like a rock (as the pagans believed) then it will go nowhere.

Satan loves the trick of making the deceived think that when man's flesh dies, that his spirit dies along with it, which goes against what Solomon showed in Eccl.12:5-7 by the way.

When you say "consciousness from a rock" are you talking about evolution??

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

People came before pet rocks......      "consciously" ?  < shrugs >  Who knows ? :)  Good ?  Don't know......

On 4/13/2017 at 8:28 AM, BobRyan said:

When you say "consciousness from a rock" are you talking about evolution??

... catalog of ideas. | See more about Pet rocks craft, Pet rock ideas and Monster rocks. ... See More. Kid Friendly Summer Crafts - A Little Craft In Your Day ...

Pet Rocks! As part of our lesson on Being Friendly - how would you be ...

Morning meeting ideas for the special education classroom. Get students generalizing skills, attending and interacting with peers ....

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 8/23/2013 at 0:14 PM, Sculelos said:

Biblical support. 

Genesis 2:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2 Corinthians 5:

1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

The body will return to dust, but the soul will go on forever

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, Pudgenik said:

The body will return to dust, but the soul will go on forever

Shalom, Pudgenik.

Oh, NO! Have you forgotten the promise of the Resurrection?! I would STRONGLY recommend you read Appendix A in Randy Alcorn's book Heaven, titled "Christoplatonism’s False Assumptions." Read the rest of the book, too, of course.

Alcorn, Randy. Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (p. 459). Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

The truth is that we ARE our bodies! Without a resurrection, we don't exist! Don't you know what "soul" means?

The word "soul" is translated in the Old Testament (the Tanakh, specifically the Torah) from the Hebrew word "nefesh":

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

YHWH formed the MAN from the dust of the ground - that's the body! Then, He breathed into His nostrils, and the man BECAME a living "soul" - a living "nefesh."

OT:5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh); from OT:5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):
KJV - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature,  dead (-ly), desire,  [dis-] contented,  fish, ghost,  greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath,  jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thyself-), them (your)- selves,  slay, soul,  tablet, they, thing, (X she) will,  would have it.

OT:5314 naafash (naw-fash'); a primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air):
KJV - (be) refresh selves (-ed).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The word from which the word "soul" comes is "nefesh" - an "air-breathing creature."

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 8/30/2017 at 8:28 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Pudgenik.

Oh, NO! Have you forgotten the promise of the Resurrection?! I would STRONGLY recommend you read Appendix A in Randy Alcorn's book Heaven, titled "Christoplatonism’s False Assumptions." Read the rest of the book, too, of course.

Alcorn, Randy. Heaven (Alcorn, Randy) (p. 459). Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

The truth is that we ARE our bodies! Without a resurrection, we don't exist! Don't you know what "soul" means?

The word "soul" is translated in the Old Testament (the Tanakh, specifically the Torah) from the Hebrew word "nefesh":

Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

YHWH formed the MAN from the dust of the ground - that's the body! Then, He breathed into His nostrils, and the man BECAME a living "soul" - a living "nefesh."

OT:5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh); from OT:5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):
KJV - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature,  dead (-ly), desire,  [dis-] contented,  fish, ghost,  greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath,  jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thyself-), them (your)- selves,  slay, soul,  tablet, they, thing, (X she) will,  would have it.

OT:5314 naafash (naw-fash'); a primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air):
KJV - (be) refresh selves (-ed).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The word from which the word "soul" comes is "nefesh" - an "air-breathing creature."

I don't need to read someone's book to understand what is plain in scripture.

The scripture states clearly that we, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus, in telling us to love God. ( The Greatest Commandment) to love God with all you heart, mind and soul, and all your strength. But he never tells us once to love God with our bodies. 

You see, we can't love God with what we don't own. We can respect God with our bodies, by not destroying the temple of the Holy Spirit. 

But we love God with what is ours to give. Mind heart, soul, strength.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Soul in the Bible. ... Accordingly, the Hebrew word nephesh, althoughtranslated as "soul" in some older English Bibles, actually has a meaning closer to "living being". Nephesh was rendered in the Septuagint as ψυχή (psūchê), the Greek word for soul

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Circle%20Spirit,%20Soul%20and%20Body.jpg

Edited by the watchman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

i posted the image  i have used it before to explain body soul spirit  we are made up of 3 parts   soul  is where on conscious is mind emotions  spirit==GOD conciseness  Body  world    conciseness in reality its much like trying to explain the trinity  father son Holy Ghost  they work as one but are still seperate