• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Is the original sin doctrine correct? I've recently heard it said that it was not. They had a pretty good argument against it. My question is, if original sin doctrine is false, then at 1 point or another in everyone's life they are sinless. It may be when they are very young. The bible says all have sinned. If original sin is false, then the bible is wrong and God has lied when it says all have sinned, because as I said if there is no Original sin then at one point or another there is someone on this earth that has not sinned.

So I ask, Is original sin doctrine correct?

Please use scripture to support your answer.

Firestormx

Joseph

~

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

...then at one point or another there is someone on this earth that has not sinned.

I'd like to see the baby who never tests his/her parents' boundaries (by doing what the parent said not to do), nor was ever selfish with his/her toys - or wanted to take another baby's toys.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.---NAS

Every person has a selfish, rebellious or independant nature. It is sometimes called self preservation. Or it may be called a survival instinct. We use a lot of names to excuse or soften it, but it is sin in God's eyes. We spend most of our lives learning not to be that way. We learn to submit to God and to authorities He put over us. We learn not to climb over people to get to the top, but to be loving and caring toward others. We must learn Gods value system, which is so contrdictory to the first words we often learn--no, mine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Is the original sin doctrine correct? I've recently heard it said that it was not. They had a pretty good argument against it. My question is, if original sin doctrine is false, then at 1 point or another in everyone's life they are sinless. It may be when they are very young. The bible says all have sinned. If original sin is false, then the bible is wrong and God has lied when it says all have sinned, because as I said if there is no Original sin then at one point or another there is someone on this earth that has not sinned.

Firestormx

Joseph

Their are three main views that deal with original sin.Pelagianism,Arminianism and Calvinism.If you want to know more you can PM me.

Firestormx

Joseph

Their are three main views that deal with original sin.Pelagianism,Arminianism and Calvinism.If you want to know more you can PM me.

I don't understand the issue very much. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is just one of those subject's I've never looked into.

Firestormx

Joseph

I think it is correct understanding of scripture.

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Judaism refers to it as the collective nature of sin.  As seen here with 2 1/2 tribes taking their inheritance on the other side of the Jordon built a replica of the altar.

Josh 22:9  And the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh returned, and departed from the children of Israel out of Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan, to go unto the country of Gilead, to the land of their possession, whereof they were possessed, according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

10 And when they came unto the borders of Jordan, that are in the land of Canaan, the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh built there an altar by Jordan, a great altar to see to.

11  And the children of Israel heard say, Behold, the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh have built an altar over against the land of Canaan, in the borders of Jordan, at the passage of the children of Israel.

12  And when the children of Israel heard of it, the whole congregation of the children of Israel gathered themselves together at Shiloh, to go up to war against them.

13  And the children of Israel sent unto the children of Reuben, and to the children of Gad, and to the half tribe of Manasseh, into the land of Gilead, Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest,

14  And with him ten princes, of each chief house a prince throughout all the tribes of Israel; and each one was an head of the house of their fathers among the thousands of Israel. {chief … : Heb. house of the father}

15  And they came unto the children of Reuben, and to the children of Gad, and to the half tribe of Manasseh, unto the land of Gilead, and they spake with them, saying,

16  Thus saith the whole congregation of the LORD, What trespass is this that ye have committed against the God of Israel, to turn away this day from following the LORD, in that ye have builded you an altar, that ye might rebel this day against the LORD?

17  Is the iniquity of Peor too little for us, from which we are not cleansed until this day, although there was a plague in the congregation of the LORD,

18  But that ye must turn away this day from following the LORD? and it will be, seeing ye rebel to day against the LORD, that to morrow he will be wroth with the whole congregation of Israel.

19  Notwithstanding, if the land of your possession be unclean, then pass ye over unto the land of the possession of the LORD, wherein the LORD’S tabernacle dwelleth, and take possession among us: but rebel not against the LORD, nor rebel against us, in building you an altar beside the altar of the LORD our God.

20  Did not Achan the son of Zerah commit a trespass in the accursed thing, and wrath fell on all the congregation of Israel? and that man perished not alone in his iniquity.

Edited by Joline

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Firestormx

Joseph

Humm !

Are we born with a sin ?

What is sin ?

Ezekiel 18:20 says we do not have our father's sins.

Psalm100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

God did not plant sin in our life.

I think Romans 5 is dealing with Adults that have sinned, is not about babies.

Of course all have sinned.  You sin You die.

Psalm 51:5 is saying David's Mother was in sin(a sinner) when she conceived David in a sinful world.

and Later David was sharpened in iniquity.

So I think original sin doctrine is not right.

We can choose good or bad.

There are scripture for that.

Original sin doctrine seem to take away that choice.

Firestormx

Joseph

Humm !

Are we born with a sin ?

What is sin ?

Ezekiel 18:20 says we do not have our father's sins.

Psalm100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

God did not plant sin in our life.

I think Romans 5 is dealing with Adults that have sinned, is not about babies.

Of course all have sinned.  You sin You die.

Psalm 51:5 is saying David's Mother was in sin(a sinner) when she conceived David in a sinful world.

and Later David was sharpened in iniquity.

So I think original sin doctrine is not right.

We can choose good or bad.

There are scripture for that.

Original sin doctrine seem to take away that choice.

I don't know yet if I agree or disagree with you. Either way, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts on this.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

What you seem to be asking more than anything else is- Are children sinners and subject to the laws of sin?  If that is your question then the answer is an absolute yes.  We are born with the disease of sin.  From my understanding though is children don't go to hell because they are not accountable for their sins.  They sin not knowing it is sin.

If you remember what did Adam and Eve eat?  The fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  It gave human beings the knowledge between right and wrong.  Before they ate the fruit I believe they were like children in God's eyes and if they did wrong it wasn't sin because they didn't know the difference.

We don't really even know what life was like before pre-fallen man.  Some believe Adam was privy to the spiritual dimension walking with God and angels.  Then once man sinned he lost that spiritual dimension.  Adam obviously lived in a world that did not decay, there was no death or pain.  It must have been Heaven on Earth.

As for original sin- it's only one of the most fundamental doctrines in the Bible.  It's the entire reason Jesus had to die for our sins.  While we are forgiven for our past, present, and future sins once we are saved- the MOST important sin we are forgiven of is original sin.  The first prophecy of the messiah was right after Adam and Eve sinned- The seed of the woman shall CRUSH the head of the serpent but he shall bruise his heel. 

Romans 5:12 from The Living Bible explains it very well.

12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. His sin spread death throughout all the world, so everything began to grow old and die,[a] for all sinned. 13 We know that it was Adam’s sin that caused this[b] because although, of course, people were sinning from the time of Adam until Moses, God did not in those days judge them guilty of death for breaking his laws—because he had not yet given his laws to them nor told them what he wanted them to do. 14 So when their bodies died it was not for their own sins[c] since they themselves had never disobeyed God’s special law against eating the forbidden fruit, as Adam had.

What a contrast between Adam and Christ who was yet to come! 15 And what a difference between man’s sin and God’s forgiveness!

For this one man, Adam, brought death to many through his sin. But this one man, Jesus Christ, brought forgiveness to many through God’s mercy. 16 Adam’s one sin brought the penalty of death to many, while Christ freely takes away many sins and gives glorious life instead. 17 The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to be king over all, but all who will take God’s gift of forgiveness and acquittal are kings of life[d] because of this one man, Jesus Christ. 18 Yes, Adam’s sin brought punishment to all, but Christ’s righteousness makes men right with God, so that they can live. 19 Adam caused many to be sinners because he disobeyed God, and Christ caused many to be made acceptable to God because he obeyed.

20 The Ten Commandments were given so that all could see the extent of their failure to obey God’s laws. But the more we see our sinfulness, the more we see God’s abounding grace forgiving us. 21 Before, sin ruled over all men and brought them to death, but now God’s kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Edited by WillfromTexas