Guest DRS81

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Judas was named as one of the 12 disciples, he went out two by two preaching repent for the kingdom of God is near, heaing the sick and casting out demons, the scriptures clearly show he operated in the power of the Holy Spirit, trusted and chosen to hold the finances of the ministry, I'm not sure why people don't think he wasn't a believer

True, Judas was most likely water baptized with the other apostles whom Jesus chose, and he worked along with all of the apostles as you say, but he lost this privileged position when he betrayed Jesus.

I do not agree that Judas was operating at this time under the power of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit was not given to the apostles until after our Lord's Resurrection, and Judas was no longer around.

We see from scripture that while a measure of the Holy Spirit was always present on the earth as we see all through the old testament that prophets and men of God were filled with the Holy Spirit for special  purposes and times, we also see Jesus breathing on the apostles and filling them with the Holy Spirit (John 20:22)  all but Judas and Thomas, experienced this infilling. It appears that Thomas did not believe Jesus was really alive, I'm not sure if today if a person did not believe in the resurrection of Christ if they would be considered a true believer

we see earlier Jesus sending out the twelve with power, from a biblical standpoint the power has always been the Holy Spirit, I'm not sure how you could equate doing any miracles without the Holy Spirit in operation, clearly the bible refers to the twelve going out and all twelve experienced what is written they experienced. otherwise it would of said "When Jesus had called the eleven together, He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,"( Luke 9:1)  I'm not sure how it could be explained that an unbeliever could operate in the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, I know a lot of folks seem to want to say Judas wasn't a believer, but I don't believe the bible teaches that assumption.

Again, the scripture you refer to in John 20:22 is after Jesus rose from the dead, (when he breathed on them) not before.

In Luke 9, the apostles were operating on the authority of Jesus, (which also proved who Jesus was) just as Peter walked on the water in Matthew 14:22-33 when Jesus commanded him to "Come".

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Judas was named as one of the 12 disciples, he went out two by two preaching repent for the kingdom of God is near, heaing the sick and casting out demons, the scriptures clearly show he operated in the power of the Holy Spirit, trusted and chosen to hold the finances of the ministry, I'm not sure why people don't think he wasn't a believer

True, Judas was most likely water baptized with the other apostles whom Jesus chose, and he worked along with all of the apostles as you say, but he lost this privileged position when he betrayed Jesus.

I do not agree that Judas was operating at this time under the power of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit was not given to the apostles until after our Lord's Resurrection, and Judas was no longer around.

We see from scripture that while a measure of the Holy Spirit was always present on the earth as we see all through the old testament that prophets and men of God were filled with the Holy Spirit for special  purposes and times, we also see Jesus breathing on the apostles and filling them with the Holy Spirit (John 20:22)  all but Judas and Thomas, experienced this infilling. It appears that Thomas did not believe Jesus was really alive, I'm not sure if today if a person did not believe in the resurrection of Christ if they would be considered a true believer

we see earlier Jesus sending out the twelve with power, from a biblical standpoint the power has always been the Holy Spirit, I'm not sure how you could equate doing any miracles without the Holy Spirit in operation, clearly the bible refers to the twelve going out and all twelve experienced what is written they experienced. otherwise it would of said "When Jesus had called the eleven together, He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,"( Luke 9:1)  I'm not sure how it could be explained that an unbeliever could operate in the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, I know a lot of folks seem to want to say Judas wasn't a believer, but I don't believe the bible teaches that assumption.

Again, the scripture you refer to in John 20:22 is after Jesus rose from the dead, (when he breathed on them) not before.

In Luke 9, the apostles were operating on the authority of Jesus, (which also proved who Jesus was) just as Peter walked on the water in Matthew 14:22-33 when Jesus commanded him to "Come".

from the bible we see that the power of the Holy Spirit did not vary in significance of either power or authority whether it was before Christ died or after, clearly even before Jesus died on the cross He had authority over every demon and evil spirit, thus He was able to give that same authority to His twelve disciples, I guess you can either believe that Judas was included with the twelve or he wasn't, the bible says he was

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

from the bible we see that the power of the Holy Spirit did not vary in significance of either power or authority whether it was before Christ died or after, clearly even before Jesus died on the cross He had authority over every demon and evil spirit, thus He was able to give that same authority to His twelve disciples, I guess you can either believe that Judas was included with the twelve or he wasn't, the bible says he was

I guess you can either believe that Judas was included with the twelve or he wasn't, the bible says he was

um... Michael, look above and you will see that I did say that Judas was included with the twelve (until he lost this privilege and betrayed Jesus).. My point was he did not receive God's Holy Spirit as the others did, because he wasn't around when Jesus breathed on the others, and when the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost.  My point also is that the apostles were operating with Jesus on the authority of Jesus and His name, but did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit until after Jesus' resurrection. 

If the apostles had the indwelling Holy Spirit, Peter and the others would not have been overcome with fear when they witnessed Jesus walking on the water during the storm.  Jesus told them "Be of good cheer, it is I; be not afraid".    At this time, Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water"  And then Jesus commanded Peter "Come".  Peter began to walk on the water to go to Jesus, but again became afraid when he saw the wind boisterous and began to sink, saying "Lord, save me".  Matthew 14: 24-31.  Peter clearly in this situation did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit or faith in Jesus,  was operating on Jesus' commands and  was overcome with fear and doubt unlike after Jesus' Resurrection when Peter  was filled with power to preach and boldness  to overcome due to  the indwelling Holy Spirit and faith in Jesus.  He was a new man.

What if we tell the devil to flee, and it takes him days or weeks to flee, maybe months. Does that mean repentance is needed.

There is no need to be talking to Satan.

7Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What can the devil do to believers?

Only what the Lord will allow him to do.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand." So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

Job 1:22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

1Cr 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

that's not very comforting.  God pretty much let the devil do anything he wanted to to Job but to kill him...  Even to the point of killing his kids.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

You can open a door to evil which can give Satan a foothold in your life.  Some people, even some Christians, get involved with seemingly harmless occultic activity.  Then before they know it a demon has infiltrated their life.  A demon can't posses a believer because the Holy Spirit indwells us and we're sealed.

Christians can be demonically OPPRESSED but not POSSESSED.  This has happened to me more than once and it takes much prayer and sanctification to overcome.  From illness to sudden deaths- the devil has tried to destroy me many times.  But I know that he is defeated, and no matter what happens, the Holy Spirit will see me through.  The worst thing he can do to me is kill me- and then he's just sending me into the arms of the Lord.

Fear can also be a gateway for evil to enter your life.  The opposite of faith is fear and Job is a prime example of how fear can give Satan legal right to cause you harm.  In the verse below you see how Job feared that his children sinned.  There's no record that his children had sinned but Job feared they did.

JOB 1:

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

JOB 3:

25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

What can the devil do to believers?

Only what the Lord will allow him to do.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand." So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

Job 1:22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

1Cr 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

:thumbsup:   God's grace is sufficient